Asylum interview and RFE

akatu

Registered Users (C)
At the conclusion of the interview i was asked to send in mail copies of notices regarding my previous immigration (ligal) history. i did so, but they misplaced my shipment and have sent me notice requesting this evidence. In that notice it says that submission or failure to do so might effect the determination on my asylum request and they need this information to finalize the decision.
what that suppose to mean exactly?
Folks, who can share similar experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've called to the office

and spoken to that officer , they already found the package, but my question was not what to do but what to expect.

akatu said:
and spoken to that officer , they already found the package, but my question was not what to do but what to expect.

They will make and send a final decision to you.

Good luck.

Thank you thankful

But here is the question. IO told me at the end of interview to wait up to 30 days, now on phone she said to wait b/w 30 and 60 days.
What are the most recent experiences with time of the response after an interview?
Thanks

akatu said:
But here is the question. IO told me at the end of interview to wait up to 30 days, now on phone she said to wait b/w 30 and 60 days.
What are the most recent experiences with time of the response after an interview?
Thanks

I would think that it varies from case to case and no body can give you a real answer.

You have done your best. Just wait for the result. Accept my best wishes.

14 days

akatu said:
Thanks

They don't seem to respect the 14-day waiting period these days. Anyway, ur immigration history is important to determine if you are illegal or not. If you are in good legal staning and it is denied, u will not be sent to the judge but will be given a NOTICE OF INTENT TO DENY to which you will have to respond/rebuttal in writing. If you are Illegal, u will be referred to the Judge