Asylum for F1 visa..Plz help me

bungee

Hello,
Can any body give me some idea about my situation. I came here in student visa on 2005 from India. I am still on student visa. I did go to back home on 2007 summer stayed for a month. Do you think I will qualify for asylum?
1. My parents has been in politics since ages. They did have been attacked and I had been as well on my last visit. I was thrown from stairs of my temple when the opposite party were asking him something and I was in hospital when I gain my consciousness.
2. If you are going to ask me why i didnt apply within these 21 months. i had been in dilemma since those days and I got into accident twice as well and visiting chiropractic. I really had bad year . I was psychological not ready because I dont want to miss seeing my family if that gets approve. I waited to clam down the situation of my parents and government condition.
3. My dad did came here on 2008 and stayed legally on tourist visa once the situation was good he left. But he got attacked again .
4. This January he came again and apply for asylum. But before he left my mom and brother get attacked and they threatened if my dad doesnt show up they will kill them. So he left with drawing application. Now my dad has been attacked again and was left in road to die. On that incident my brother got attack too with minor injuries but dad is still in hospital his half body deosnt move. Thank god of some one whom we dont know took him to the hospital. Now he has asked me to apply on my behalf for asylum. do you think I will get qualify through my dad political involment? We have all police, doctors and recently attack was even publish on newspaper. seriously, I do not even want to go back. I will be done with my study next semester. I dont know what to do.

Lastly what do think chances are? I know some might say contact attorney but please give me some idea because most attorneys wants money and they say I can do.
Hope some one will give me best solution. One more favor, I live in michigan but can i apply asylum from New York and please suggest me really good political asylum attorney from New York or any one who is really good and honest.

I will really appreciate any body help giving me suggestion. God bless you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
Can any body give me some idea about my situation. I came here in student visa on 2005 from India. I am still on student visa. I did go to back home on 2007 summer stayed for a month. Do you think I will qualify for asylum?
1. My parents has been in politics since ages. They did have been attacked and I had been as well on my last visit. I was thrown from stairs of my temple when the opposite party were asking him something and I was in hospital when I gain my consciousness.
2. If you are going to ask me why i didnt apply within these 21 months. i had been in dilemma since those days and I got into accident twice as well and visiting chiropractic. I really had bad year . I was psychological not ready because I dont want to miss seeing my family if that gets approve. I waited to clam down the situation of my parents and government condition.
3. My dad did came here on 2008 and stayed legally on tourist visa once the situation was good he left. But he got attacked again .
4. This January he came again and apply for asylum. But before he left my mom and brother get attacked and they threatened if my dad doesnt show up they will kill them. So he left with drawing application. Now my dad has been attacked again and was left in road to die. On that incident my brother got attack too with minor injuries but dad is still in hospital his half body deosnt move. Thank god of some one whom we dont know took him to the hospital. Now he has asked me to apply on my behalf for asylum. do you think I will get qualify through my dad political involment? We have all police, doctors and recently attack was even publish on newspaper. seriously, I do not even want to go back. I will be done with my study next semester. I dont know what to do.

Lastly what do think chances are? I know some might say contact attorney but please give me some idea because most attorneys wants money and they say I can do.
Hope some one will give me best solution. One more favor, I live in michigan but can i apply asylum from New York and please suggest me really good political asylum attorney from New York or any one who is really good and honest.

I will really appreciate any body help giving me suggestion. God bless you.

How old are you? If you are under 21, it might be better for your Dad to apply and include you on the application.

I just turned 22 on May. And my dad return back to my country. I doubt if he tries to come back again POE will not let him in. They might ask why did you withdraw asylum application? and doubt intent to apply for asylum.

U will get it

If ur case is strong and as u said u have all the evidence>>>>>>..u should b fine >>>>>>>>. chances r 90% rest of 10 % dependents on the Officer.
Best of Luck
(Another thing , i did my cas eby my self 'cause the Attorney i contacted was very greedy> so i decided to do-it-myself and now its time to apply for citizenship>>>>>>>>>.if ur case is not that complicated and u have all the documents to prove it >>>>>>>.do it urself >>>>>>>>>>>Attorneys r greedy.)
Rest u know >>>>>>>>>>.this is just a humble advise >>>>>>>>>do what u feel like.
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
india is world's largest democracy and has good human rights record, so it would not be easy for an indian national to seek asylum in US unless you have compelling case to prove that you are a refugee.

hi

i came to usa on visit visa then got approved to change status to f1 and start studying, and since i am here its almost 17 months, and in these last 16 months the situation in my country is going worst and now we almost daily facing suicide attack every where in our country, now i plan to apply for asylum, is that possible to apply, and if possible then how much chances to get approved, i also call my wife and son. and now they are with me on f2 visa.