Asylum Decision in Pending !!

asylum123

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

First of all I would like to thank you every one for a great support and help. This website is really a big help.

I had my asylum interview last month (March 2013) and still waiting for a decision. I am in status so may be my case isn't on high priority.But still its hard to wait.
I tired to contact asylum office and they replied with > "your case is actively being reviewed. While unfortunately we can’t provide a time frame as to when your case will be completed, we are closely monitoring the progress of the review and promise to seek a resolution as soon as possible."

What does it mean? I mean its a good sign or bad one? is it their standard format ? Does any got this reply

I have opened a new thread for guys who recently had their asylum interview and waiting for the result. Lets share our story and help each other with any information we have.

Hey Bro ,
i had my interview last month too , March 2013 , and i am still waiting the decision , we are in the same boat
i did not contact them because i knew the answer will be chaos like the one you had .
I applied in Chicago AO , and i will wait 1 more month , to be 60 days and 100 days since submitting to contact them
but tell me , which office did you apply to ? ,, and how did you contact the asylum office ? by mail ? or lawyer ?

and my opinion about their reply is : nothing clear , it could be " still being reviewed by the supervisors " , or " we are waiting security check thats why we cant give you a time frame "
i really couldnt find any evidence of a positive or negative decision in their reply

how long does it take them to reply your question ?

USCIS has a time frame between 3 and 9 months. I was in status when I filed my case and 3 months and 22 days later I was granted.
That is a good sign! Usually when they deny a case, they send you a letter 10 days later. Just be patient! Uscis is processing over 100.000 cases montlhy.

Hello All,

First of all I would like to thank you every one for a great support and help. This website is really a big help.

I had my asylum interview last month (March 2013) and still waiting for a decision. I am in status so may be my case isn't on high priority.But still its hard to wait.
I tired to contact asylum office and they replied with > "your case is actively being reviewed. While unfortunately we can’t provide a time frame as to when your case will be completed, we are closely monitoring the progress of the review and promise to seek a resolution as soon as possible."

What does it mean? I mean its a good sign or bad one? is it their standard format ? Does any got this reply

I have opened a new thread for guys who recently had their asylum interview and waiting for the result. Lets share our story and help each other with any information we have.

OH .. my hero is here , the only one who gave me the 10 days sign , i am not sure about it yet but i always like to read it :))
grandud ,, if i did not receive the decision after 3 months and 22 days i will mail you , not the uscis hehehe :))

i mean , when your f1 should be end ? i mean if you had not been granted , when would your f1 status end ?

Let me see if i got your question...lol, Syrian, sometimes I have a hard time understanding your sentences hahaha ;)
Well, if you have F1 status, even if your visa is expired AND if you are enrolled "studying, 12 units minimum" , you can stay even with an expired visa but you MUST BE IN SCHOOL and have an i-20 signed. ( i was in school even after the expiration date HOWEVER i was enrolled in school with 12 units...which makes me (legal))
My "f1/ i-20" was in status when I was granted...and expiration wouldve been in 2014

i mean , when your f1 should be end ? i mean if you had not been granted , when would your f1 status end ?

Hahaha , i know, because im still creatinh sentences from arabic then translate them to english in my mind instead of creating sentences directly in english thats why it doesnt make a sense :(
You got me , i was asking sbout the expiration date of that visa you had when they granted you
Thats cool , it means although you could stay in status for years , they sent you ur decision after 3 months , thats good news
Because ill be out of i94 soon and since my visa is visitor ( b2 ) that means also , out of status

My friend from Miami applied for asylum and he was in status "b2+i94" and he got his 1.5 months later.
Remembering that he used a lawyer from SF...and SF office is the fastest in the Country...sometimes you can get an approval letter in 15 days! It depends where you are and the demand of people filing papers.

Syrian, I love reading your posts :)

Hahaha , i know, because im still creatinh sentences from arabic then translate them to english in my mind instead of creating sentences directly in english thats why it doesnt make a sense :(
You got me , i was asking sbout the expiration date of that visa you had when they granted you
Thats cool , it means although you could stay in status for years , they sent you ur decision after 3 months , thats good news
Because ill be out of i94 soon and since my visa is visitor ( b2 ) that means also , out of status

Why SF is the fastest ?
Do they wear " **** " shoes ?
I bet yoyr friend's b2 was for 5 years
We in middle east ( middle sh*t ) the only possible visa period is 2 years
And we got the i94 in the airport for 3 or 6 months maximum , depends on the immigration officer
So , i got 6 and will be end during June without ability to extend it because im in pending asylum now
Thats all my story ,
I asked asylum123 , how did he contact the office
Do you know whats is the safiest ( most safe ) hhhhhh way ?!?

Hey Bro ,
i had my interview last month too , March 2013 , and i am still waiting the decision , we are in the same boat
i did not contact them because i knew the answer will be chaos like the one you had .
I applied in Chicago AO , and i will wait 1 more month , to be 60 days and 100 days since submitting to contact them
but tell me , which office did you apply to ? ,, and how did you contact the asylum office ? by mail ? or lawyer ?

I applied in Arlington AO...I contacted then through phone and mail...N they replied to both....
I don't have a lawyer ..so I did everything by own .....
So how was ur interview ...how did it go ? how log was it ?

and my opinion about their reply is : nothing clear , it could be " still being reviewed by the supervisors " , or " we are waiting security check thats why we cant give you a time frame "
i really couldnt find any evidence of a positive or negative decision in their reply

how long does it take them to reply your question ?

Arlington AO is really good in replying ...they replied to me with in a week...also i talked to them on phone n they told me the same thing ..

USCIS has a time frame between 3 and 9 months. I was in status when I filed my case and 3 months and 22 days later I was granted.
That is a good sign! Usually when they deny a case, they send you a letter 10 days later. Just be patient! Uscis is processing over 100.000 cases montlhy.

Hey gandrud ..thanks for your reply..I hope (n really wish) that its a good sign :) I was thinking the same because officer told me that he was not be able to make decision right after the interview but he will make decision by end of the day n will discuss with supervisor ...so I am assuming that he has already made the decision and its pending by some else ..
yes u right if they want then they could have denied in 10 days...also in mail they said that they can't tell me the time frame ..
By the way did u hear any one got denied by AO after waiting for more than 2 weeks ??

Mine was too bad , iterpretor problems and bad lawyer
But my case is very good and honest and didnt need a lawyer but !!!!
It was for 3.5 hours !!!!!! I got exhausted and feel like being in hell !!
I probably mail or call them within the next month , i wish not to need to ,,,, i know arab ppl get the decisions faster than others because we are in disaster situation and im so thankful that the united states is helping us by a way or another
Wish you a very good luck bro
Keep us posted

I dont know anyone who was denied in AO! I think you were approved. Just be patient. Where are you from? When did you have your interview?

Hey gandrud ..thanks for your reply..I hope (n really wish) that its a good sign :) I was thinking the same because officer told me that he was not be able to make decision right after the interview but he will make decision by end of the day n will discuss with supervisor ...so I am assuming that he has already made the decision and its pending by some else ..
yes u right if they want then they could have denied in 10 days...also in mail they said that they can't tell me the time frame ..
By the way did u hear any one got denied by AO after waiting for more than 2 weeks ??

I dont know anyone who was denied in AO! I think you were approved. Just be patient. Where are you from? When did you have your interview?

my interview was on March 18th 2013....i know its just a month ago but u know its hard to wait ..
I didn't mean Arlington Office ..l meant.. did u hear any one denied by Asylum office (AO) after 2 weeks or month ..:)

I asked you this question because it seems u joined this group in 2011 so might have heard abt some one denied after a month or so...

BTW where u from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was too bad , iterpretor problems and bad lawyer
But my case is very good and honest and didnt need a lawyer but !!!!
It was for 3.5 hours !!!!!! I got exhausted and feel like being in hell !!
I probably mail or call them within the next month , i wish not to need to ,,,, i know arab ppl get the decisions faster than others because we are in disaster situation and im so thankful that the united states is helping us by a way or another
Wish you a very good luck bro
Keep us posted

Hey Syrian....thanks man .. I wish u all the luck ..i hope u will hear back from them soon :) Yes keep in touch and lets us know if u have any new information ..