Asylum clock

Wannabeasylum

I had my 3rd interview about a month ago and my case is still pending, for about past two weeks my days are not increasing, however it says the clock is still running. Is this a simple glitch or does that have any meaning?

I had my 3rd interview about a month ago and my case is still pending, for about past two weeks my days are not increasing, however it says the clock is still running. Is this a simple glitch or does that have any meaning?
it means nothing as long as it does not say 'Decision was Mailed'

Can you share your timeline and office?
Did they call you for the 3rd interview or did you get a letter?

It means that somebody is working on your file. Whenever was clock is stopped there is a three digit code entered by either AO or his supervisor. Those codes means different things. For eg when delay is caused by applicant there is a different code. So it's not a glitch in the system, there is a reason why ead clock stops.

It looks like your case might went back to the supervisor for review.

My office is Los Angeles, my case been pending for over 640 days. I got a letter for 3rd interview, it was actually schedules back in March but due to covid 19 rescheduled to July

It means that somebody is working on your file. Whenever was clock is stopped there is a three digit code entered by either AO or his supervisor. Those codes means different things. For eg when delay is caused by applicant there is a different code. So it's not a glitch in the system, there is a reason why ead clock stops.

It looks like your case might went back to the supervisor for review.
At the end of my interview my officer said he’s gonna prepare his report and give it to his supervisor. This was over a month ago. Should I expect a decision soon? I’m actually gonna have to move out of state for a job just to start my opt, but if I hear a decision in next 2weeks I will stay in Califonia. I honestly don’t want to move. Is it a good idea to email the officer/supervisor and explain them the situation and ask if there’s anyway they could make a decision in next 2 weeks?

There is no harm in contacting them, if you have your AO email then I would suggest to email him directly and explain your concerns. It looks like your are in status. Any reason for third interview?

I was not hearing anything for nearly a year, so I contacted Congressman office to ask the status of my case. Within a month they scheduled me for a 3rd interview. It was honestly pretty much a summary of my first 2 interviews. All 3 interviews had different interviewers. My guess is that the officerS have retired or changed offices and this final officer wanted meet me in person.

In fact it means something. Anytime when the clock is not increasing for a particular case but continues to increases for someone else means that an officers has opened your record and is working on your case. Not necessary he/she makes a decision but something towards a decision. My case stopped increasing for about 5 weeks during which the officer was finalizing the decision and the the officer closed it which continued to counts days like everyone else. However, 5 days before the officer made the final decision on the record, the clock stopped counting until the updated the status to decision was mailed.

In fact it means something. Anytime when the clock is not increasing for a particular case but continues to increases for someone else means that an officers has opened your record and is working on your case. Not necessary he/she makes a decision but something towards a decision. My case stopped increasing for about 5 weeks during which the officer was finalizing the decision and the the officer closed it which continued to counts days like everyone else. However, 5 days before the officer made the final decision on the record, the clock stopped counting until the updated the status to decision was mailed.
I am curious now! Thats exactly what has happened with me. My clock was stopped counting days for 20 days and now today when the status changed to decision mailed it jumped back to current but it says the clock has stopped. Not sure what decision i will be getting :(
have you received your decision yet?

I am curious now! Thats exactly what has happened with me. My clock was stopped counting days for 20 days and now today when the status changed to decision mailed it jumped back to current but it says the clock has stopped. Not sure what decision i will be getting :(
thank you for your replay.
:) when the decision was mailed if the clock is stopped,
It means you have been granted Asylum.
Congratulations.
if the clock is still running. it means you will be to the court.
my decision is pending i had waited for 45days after the interview .god bless us.

thank you for your replay.
:) when the decision was mailed if the clock is stopped,
It means you have been granted Asylum.
Congratulations.
if the clock is still running. it means you will be to the court.
my decision is pending i had waited for 45days after the interview .god bless us.
what's your timeline and office?

How was the interview arranged?
interview with iPad
How far ahead did they notify you?
30days
How many people were they interviewing that day?
i think they can finish 5 people at most a day.

How was the interview arranged?
interview with iPad
How far ahead did they notify you?
30days
How many people were they interviewing that day?
i think they can finish 5 people at most a day.
Do you know if they are scheduling interviews only for those who applied 3-4 years ago or they are interviewing more recent applicants too? (2019-20?)

Hello Chokidar , mine was stopped more than a months , today my case status changed to fees were waived