Asylum case Traveling with RTD

Tesfa

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
I have a question or concern.
I was granted asylum about 10 months ago as such still didn't file for a green card.
I wanted to travel outside the US other than my home country to visit family. I filed for RTD and got it.
If I leave the US with that document would I have trouble coming back in the US?
I would appreciate a replay.

Asylum travling with RTD

The RTD is your permission to return.

Thanks for the replay.
But I have been hearing from people that its not safe . Its making me nervous .
should I cancel my trip or I should be fine?
please comment.
Thank you

have a great vacation, when i was asylee i travelled alot for fun using RTD

Thank you Sir!
If you don't mind me asking, did you travel with just a RTD and no green card and encountered no trouble?
What kind of questions and other supporting documents they will require from me?
I would appreciate any detail information.
Thanks again for the help.
regards.

You don't need any supporting documents. Read the information in the RTD. It says it allows you to be re-admitted. You might get questions about where you work, where you went, what your COP is, etc. Just be honest and keep calm. As long as you haven't made yourself inadmissible by committing a crime or something, you won't have trouble. I know you're nervous leaving the country for the first time. It's normal.

i was using RTD before i got green card, when i arrive to american airport arriving from abroad i had to go second inpection, they ask me few questions about where did i travel and how long i stayed.

after i got green card, i was using re entry travel document, with green card i dont need to go second inspection

i was using RTD before i got green card, when i arrive to american airport arriving from abroad i had to go second inpection, they ask me few questions about where did i travel and how long i stayed.

after i got green card, i was using re entry travel document, with green card i dont need to go second inspection

Thank you all for your quick replay and advise.
You guys been a lot of help in improving my confidence to travel in this important trip.
I really appreciate all the help.
God bless!!
regards

Thank you all for your quick replay and advise.
You guys been a lot of help in improving my confidence to travel in this important trip.
I really appreciate all the help.
God bless!!
regards

Hello all,
One last question.
Do I need to carry my expired NP with me along with my RTD, to show them
just in case they asked to see it?
I appreciate the replay
Regards!