Asylum case referred to immigration judge

I got my NTA and went to my attorney and he said that this is not a master hearing its just a date for me to get my my actual date for my master hearing.
NTA is the document you received when you went to get the decision. However, most NTA does not have the exact date you have to appear in court, so at the bottom of Page 1 of the NTA, you should see "To be Calendared." You will then get another letter called "Notice of Hearing for Removal Proceedings" for the Master Hearing date. However, if you see the actual date on your NTA, that is the Master Hearing date.

NTA is the document you received when you went to get the decision. However, most NTA does not have the exact date you have to appear in court, so at the bottom of Page 1 of the NTA, you should see "To be Calendared." You will then get another letter called "Notice of Hearing for Removal Proceedings" for the Master Hearing date. However, if you see the actual date on your NTA, that is the Master Hearing date.
After a week or so, the clerk of court will post the correct date in the phone system. Call that number with you A number and check. Or, you could just show up at the asylum court, ask for all you need to know from the clerk of court. Do not call or email or fax or send letter to USCIS...your file is now with the court system, they handle everything there. USCIS comes back in the picture after you are granted asylum, when they send you your EAD etc.

After a week or so, the clerk of court will post the correct date in the phone system. Call that number with you A number and check. Or, you could just show up at the asylum court, ask for all you need to know from the clerk of court. Do not call or email or fax or send letter to USCIS...your file is now with the court system, they handle everything there. USCIS comes back in the picture after you are granted asylum, when they send you your EAD etc.

Yes thank you.
I just called that number again and today they had me scheduled 7 days later than the date on my NTA. However, the judges name they mentioned, i couldn't find him. I went through all judges lists from newly hired and established ones but couldnt find him?

how long it lasts for each individual in master hearing? 5 minutes? 30 minutes? or longer? So the main hearing will be scheduled during master hearing, is that the only thing what is going to happen? My friend got referred to judge, and his master calendar was scheduled in September. His lawyer cannot go for the master hearing, so he needs to find someone else to represent for him. Do you think it's possible to find an attorney just for master hearing? is it expensive?
You don't need an attorney on your first master calendar hearing. Just be there on time. When the judge calls your name you will be given a new date enough to go look for an attorney.

Yes thank you.
I just called that number again and today they had me scheduled 7 days later than the date on my NTA. However, the judges name they mentioned, i couldn't find him. I went through all judges lists from newly hired and established ones but couldnt find him?
Could be a new judge. Trump has been hiring lots of judges to try to help clear the backlog and deal with new applications.

Could be a new judge. Trump has been hiring lots of judges to try to help clear the backlog and deal with new applications.
I thought so too so i went and checked new judges but nothing there either. You think they might bring judges from different jurisdiction for cases? I m in Los Angeles with a massive amount of cases pending

This seems to be a right platform for my case. My case got referred to immigration court last month and my masters hearing is in June. I am afraid of returning to my country but asylum office say I have not established reasonable possibility of future persecution. Help me by sharing your experience with immigration court.

I was told the same thing.
My case is October

sorry for very late reply. no they don’t cancel my EAD card. i am about to renew it again soon and that will be my 4th one.

does anyone know experienced asylum lawyers in chicago? i have exhausted all non profit organizations and they do not have the capacity to take my case.

Do you file for tax return

sorry for very late reply. no they don’t cancel my EAD card. i am about to renew it again soon and that will be my 4th one.

does anyone know experienced asylum lawyers in chicago? i have exhausted all non profit organizations and they do not have the capacity to take my case.
Did you get your EAD renewed? Is it 1 or 2 years?

Anybody got first EAD recently and Is it 1 or 2 years duration?

@Kinky Dee , @His Mercy, @KeneGod - Which state are you in? Pls share your timeline...
Am in Houston Texas
Applied in feb
Biometrics 03/01
Interview 03/ 28
Decision picked 04/11 referred to court and was given a date to apply for EAD in August
NTA 05/13
MCH scheduled for October
Have applied for EAD twice and was rejected so i want to try again after my MCH
They keep saying i applied before 150 days while i applied on the 184th day.

Applied in feb
Biometrics 03/01
Interview 03/ 28
Decision picked 04/11 referred to court and was given a date to apply for EAD in August
NTA 05/13
I applied for EAD with my kids since 9th of August they denied 3 of us remaining 2 of my kids still showing case received. I need to reapply but cannot because they have not rejected the application for my 2 other kids. This is so annoying because the day i went ti pick my decision they asked me to apply after August 7th (184days) and i did apply August 9th (186 days) yet they said i did before 150days am suprised has anyone been having this challenge? I cannot even reapply now cos they are still holding some of my kids application. Frustrating my MCH is in October though

Applied in feb
Biometrics 03/01
Interview 03/ 28
NTA 05/13
I applied for EAD with my kids since 9th of August they denied 3 of us remaining 2 of my kids still showing case received. I need to reapply but cannot because they have not rejected the application for my 2 other kids. This is so annoying because the day i went ti pick my decision they asked me to apply after August 7th (184days) and i did apply August 9th (186 days) yet they said i did before 150days am suprised has anyone been having this challenge? I cannot even reapply now cos they are still holding some of my kids application. Frustrating my MCH is in October though
Was your clock stopped anytime?

The clock on UCSIS website is not going up after case being referred to the court. Is this how it should be? It says clock is running but not going up.

It does go up. It doesn't stop. Once you didn't cause any delay. Thats why am suprised
There’s no delay, but the clock didn’t go up for a month. Maybe it’s no longer part of uscis after referred to the court? Made phone calls and it said the correct date which is 1 month more than what’s on uscis website.