Asylum case referred to immigration judge

This seems to be a right platform for my case. My case got referred to immigration court last month and my masters hearing is in June. I am afraid of returning to my country but asylum office say I have not established reasonable possibility of future persecution. Help me by sharing your experience with immigration court.

Have you been interviewed by the Immigration Officer? If so, your case is to be transferred to Immigration Judge in case of denial anyway. One of the reasons for your denial could be the fact that you filed your application for asylum later than one year after coming to U.S. It's a standard procedure that some people on this board including me went through. Hire a good lawer and get prepared for your master hearing.
Hi Minsk, Wondering about your timeline...I see your I-485 approved 10/27/2006 but you mentioned Residence since 10/27/2005
I guess it should be Residence since 10/27/2006. Isn't it?
Is it typo or should be like that? Just curious how we look at those 'status changes' :)

I am sorry to resurrect this thread, but as of today, my case has been referred to an IJ. I would like to ask for help from those who went through this process. How was it like? And mostly, IJ would grant your asylum?
Hi CWH, What was the reason to have second MCH?

This is old thread.

It would be faster to get replies if you guys post your questions to "
Asylum Filers - After 1 Year Deadline
" thread....

Did they cancel your work authorization?
sorry for very late reply. no they don’t cancel my EAD card. i am about to renew it again soon and that will be my 4th one.

does anyone know experienced asylum lawyers in chicago? i have exhausted all non profit organizations and they do not have the capacity to take my case.

Yeah the reason of my denial is because I applied after one year of being present in the US. Did you get approved in the court? How long did it take? I live in the Maryland/DC area please recommend a good lawyer for me if you have any idea.

Thanks
Setpepsi
Please note its not denial but IOs can't decide on application which were filed after one year. They've to forward to IJ no matter what

sorry for very late reply. no they don’t cancel my EAD card. i am about to renew it again soon and that will be my 4th one.

does anyone know experienced asylum lawyers in chicago? i have exhausted all non profit organizations and they do not have the capacity to take my case.
so, EADs you got are for 1 year or 2 years?

This seems to be a right platform for my case. My case got referred to immigration court last month and my masters hearing is in June. I am afraid of returning to my country but asylum office say I have not established reasonable possibility of future persecution. Help me by sharing your experience with immigration court.
Hi, I have the same situation as you. I just got my Referal notice yesterday. And my NTA says I need to appear before the Judge on September 12, 2019 in Colorado. However, I am moving to New York this August 6. Do you know if there is a possiblity to transfer my case to New York?

Hi, I have the same situation as you. I just got my Referal notice yesterday. And my NTA says I need to appear before the Judge on September 12, 2019 in Colorado. However, I am moving to New York this August 6. Do you know if there is a possiblity to transfer my case to New York?
Also, how was your experience during the first appearance in the court? Could you please tell me and help me? Thank you!

Also, how was your experience during the first appearance in the court? Could you please tell me and help me? Thank you!
The Master Hearing is very easy. If you came in without an attorney, it’s quite likely the judge would extend your master hearing so that you could find an attorney. You would not get your individual hearing scheduled without an attorney. I will go to my second hearing in September, still without an attorney, so I don’t know what’s gonna happen. Anyway, those with an attorney had their individual hearing scheduled two years from then, March 2021. That was in Chicago office, but it also depends on the judges’ schedules, too.

Pretty much, you have to be in court at least 30 minutes for the security check-in and check and sign your name on the board and wait to be called into a courtroom. You will go in along with others, and the judge will talk to each one by one. You will wait until you are addressed by the judge.

The Master Hearing is very easy. If you came in without an attorney, it’s quite likely the judge would extend your master hearing so that you could find an attorney. You would not get your individual hearing scheduled without an attorney. I will go to my second hearing in September, still without an attorney, so I don’t know what’s gonna happen. Anyway, those with an attorney had their individual hearing scheduled two years from then, March 2021. That was in Chicago office, but it also depends on the judges’ schedules, too.

Pretty much, you have to be in court at least 30 minutes for the security check-in and check and sign your name on the board and wait to be called into a courtroom. You will go in along with others, and the judge will talk to each one by one. You will wait until you are addressed by the judge.
how long it lasts for each individual in master hearing? 5 minutes? 30 minutes? or longer? So the main hearing will be scheduled during master hearing, is that the only thing what is going to happen? My friend got referred to judge, and his master calendar was scheduled in September. His lawyer cannot go for the master hearing, so he needs to find someone else to represent for him. Do you think it's possible to find an attorney just for master hearing? is it expensive?

how long it lasts for each individual in master hearing? 5 minutes? 30 minutes? or longer? So the main hearing will be scheduled during master hearing, is that the only thing what is going to happen? My friend got referred to judge, and his master calendar was scheduled in September. His lawyer cannot go for the master hearing, so he needs to find someone else to represent for him. Do you think it's possible to find an attorney just for master hearing? is it expensive?
You can get the pro bono ones

Well, you have to be there pretty much the entire morning, but the actual time that the judge addresses your is less than 5 minutes if you don't have an attorney present and that is your first master hearing. If you come with an attorney, the attorney will be the one the judge will address to but it won't take long either.

I would say he should be ok because he will be there to get an individual hearing set up, and nothing more.

I got my NTA and went to my attorney and he said that this is not a master hearing its just a date for me to get my my actual date for my master hearing.