Asylum Bases I485 (Derivative) Transfered to NBC

romashka

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

My husband and I filed our I485 together, and I got my approval in just 2 months. We've just got a response from CHRIS that they are transferring my husband's case (he is a derivative on my asylum case) to the National Benefits Center. :confused::(
The only thing that might be the reason to that is his 2 DUIs (1st in 1999 and 2nd in 2001). Cases are closed, fees paid, we honestly explained when the 2 cases happened and submitted all the docs they asked with the application for I485. During the asylum case our lawyers said those old DUIs did not matter, and my husband was fingerprinted many times during the asylum case.
Now I guess we should be expecting an invitation for interview. :(
Can anyone share their experience (or knowledge), and advise the best way to do? Do we need to get a lawyer for my husband for the interview? Could it be anything else other than the DUIs?

Last edited by a moderator:
So many people read the post and no answer! Does it mean no one had a case transfered to another location??? Noone had an interview in regards to DUIs?:confused:

My brother's case was transferred to NBC. The reasons was TSC was very busy. He was called for an interview. They did not even ask anything about the asylum. Just some basic questions from the I-485 and he got approved. Maybe they just want to ask a little bit about the DUIs. Don't worry too much. Goto the interview with high hopes.

So many people read the post and no answer! Does it mean no one had a case transfered to another location??? Noone had an interview in regards to DUIs?:confused:

my wife case was transferred from nebraska to TSC, she is a derivative

then she got interview appointment in san francisco where we live,

the interview was so easy, they asked her basic questions, about her job

where she works, about travel abroad, it was really easy interview, it lasted
only 15 minutes, and she got approved immediately

dont worry , your husband is going to do fine

if u have arrest records or convictions records, you get interviewed for GC.

does your husband's DUI got convicted? conviction meaning found guilty in court trial and paid fine or jail time or supervisions or somehting? if so, he can be in trouble for his GC case. if just DUI arrest records but no convictions, he should be ok.

jonny1, any DUI record = conviction with at least a fine and fingerprints. It is viewed as a criminal offense no matter if you were pulled over for not signalling a turn while driving drunk or killing someone in a car accident due to intoxication.
My husband's case - the turn signal.
What puzzles me is that it all happened way before we had our assylum case, all the lawyers (we had a few throughout the years) said it was no big deal. Since that time he never had any trouble, why is it a big deal now? Are the current immigration procedures getting tougher?:confused: