Asylum approved but being called back to USCIS office after filing for adjustment of status.

prem17

Hello All,
My asylum was approved from SF office, I moved to TX and filed for adjustment of status via Dallas office after a year from date of approval. After around 6 month of filing for adjustment of status I have received letter from USCIS stating I will have to present myself to a local immigration office with copies of all my documents. I was in impression GC would be delivered to my address since I already went through interview. I wanted to see if anyone had similar experience and if this is something I should have my attorney present. Thanks in advance for all your valuable input.

Hello All,
My asylum was approved from SF office, I moved to TX and filed for adjustment of status via Dallas office after a year from date of approval. After around 6 month of filing for adjustment of status I have received letter from USCIS stating I will have to present myself to a local immigration office with copies of all my documents. I was in impression GC would be delivered to my address since I already went through interview. I wanted to see if anyone had similar experience and if this is something I should have my attorney present. Thanks in advance for all your valuable input.
Prem17,could u do me a favor..kindly mention your timeline as I m also stuck in San francisco office.
Regards

Hello All,

I think it's normal. Immigration pick random applications and ask them for interview and some other send the the GC without interview. They just want to ask you if you traveled somewhere and if you still have reasons to be afraid going back to your country or not.
Check with your attorney and let us know what he think.
Keep us posted after you go to the immigration office.

I think it's normal. Immigration pick random applications and ask them for interview and some other send the the GC without interview. They just want to ask you if you traveled somewhere and if you still have reasons to be afraid going back to your country or not.
Check with your attorney and let us know what he think.
Keep us posted after you go to the immigration office.
Contacted my attorney that helped me with the filing my case. He said this was unusual for his as well. I am little anxious what this is all about. But definitely update after my visit to the office.

They are asking for a "copy" of all my documents. Photo ID, passport, I-693, Birth certificate, I94
I think that's normal. Since you are in Texas it is easy for them to call for interview rather than sending RFE. Mine case been send to Newark after 1.5 years. Still waiting for interview notice though.

I think that's normal. Since you are in Texas it is easy for them to call for interview rather than sending RFE. Mine case been send to Newark after 1.5 years. Still waiting for interview notice though.
Kinda makes sense but I already had interview in SF and it approved there itself. Also what is RFE?. Keep patience you will get the interview. My first interview was scheduled after 1.6 yrs of delay :)

Prem, I think This interview will be for verifying information on the 485 form, if you are paying taxes etc. RFE is request for evidence. In SF Were you interviewed for asylum or green card?

Prem, I think This interview will be for verifying information on the 485 form, if you are paying taxes etc. RFE is request for evidence. In SF Were you interviewed for asylum or green card?
I hope so :). My interview on SF was for asylum which got approved.

Now they are beginning to do interview for GC via asylum though on a random basis
shefe,
Do you know anyone that had to go through interview like mine? Any idea on the purpose of the interview like this? Any input would be valuable.

it depends my sister got interviewed maybe because the other family members filed for asylum not at the same time

Did you travel outside the U.S. During the last year? Are you derivative Asylee?
No I have not travelled or had any arrest after approval of my asylum. I did get DWI on 2010 but I sent all my court documents while filing my GC and this matter did come up during my interview (aug 2012) as well and I had given them all the documents there as well.

It is normal procedure just they want confirm your identity, be sure you will be fine.
Are derivative asylee?