Asylee Status

Silverspoon

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone..
I have a quick question and i hope u guys might be able to answer this.I filed for asylum back in 2004 my case was not been approved and was sent to deportation processding and transferd to IJ due to the reason that i filed my case after 1 yr. Anyhow my case was finally approved by IJ in 2007:) i applied for RTD which i recieved a month ago and planning to go out of country (not to COP). Now after my case was approved does that means that iam not in deportation processdings anymore? or will it affect me when i return to usa on my RTD. please help me with this iam really confuse about it. THankyou everyone you guys r gr8 help...bless u all !!!!

Congratulations!

Can you reveal the name of the judge and the court where you case was heard?

PS. If you apply for asylum and your case is not approved and transferred to IJ, can you, then, nominate the judge who will be looking at your case? Or, is this not possible?:)

if asylum is approved, deportation is no longer in effect. You dont have to worry anymore. Now make sure you have a valid visa of destination country.

your deportation proceeding is terminated upon a grant of asylum and you can travel on a RTD without worrying about this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

Can you reveal the name of the judge and the court where you case was heard?

PS. If you apply for asylum and your case is not approved and transferred to IJ, can you, then, nominate the judge who will be looking at your case? Or, is this not possible?:)

First of all thx alot guys for your replies...i really appreciate it...secondly you cannot nominate the judge on your own as far as i've heard its on computerize bases and whosever name come's up will be incharge of your trail as far as the location is concerned it was in LA.so best of luck to you...