Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

Hi All,
I have interview tomorrow and I am wondering if they are going to ask me asylum related questions. It has been years since I was granted an asylum and I have forgotten the details ( but have never been to COP). Do they really ask a lot of question about our asylum cases?

Thanks

i wish you good luck biruk60, let us know how it goes. I cant wait till next year, that is the time for my citizenship.

Hi Biruk. I had my interview 10 days ago. I took a quick look at the summery of my asylum statement before the interview but like I said above, the asylum issue wasn't brought up at all. I don't think they typically ask about asylum details.

Hi Biruk. I had my interview 10 days ago. I took a quick look at the summery of my asylum statement before the interview but like I said above, the asylum issue wasn't brought up at all. I don't think they typically ask about asylum details.

Thanks memo for the reply.
The thing is that in my asylum case I have stated that I was detained in my COP but I have said NO to question 21(Have you ever been in jail or Prison) if i said yes they would ask me for documentation which my COP government wouldn't give me. How did you answer that question ?

Hello everyone,

Today I did my interview and passed. The Officer was a very beautiful young lady and she was nice and friendly. After taking an oath to tell the truth, she started going through my N-400 application (not line by line). Eventhough I said no to "citation and arrest", I had HOV violation and driving under suspended privilage tickets. Showed her documents that I paid my due and I am clear. She seemed satisified with that. Also I have said no to "have you been to jail or prison? " in my application,I told her I was detained in my home country and she said that is fine.

After that she asked me civic questions, reading and writing tests. And she said that I have passed the interview and she would recommand me for approval. She even wanted me to take the oath ceremony this very day, but I remind her that my 5th anniversary is on 02/14/2011. She said then we will send you an oath letter on that day telling you when to come.

That was it folks. what a relief!

Hello everyone,

Today I did my interview and passed. The Officer was a very beautiful young lady and she was nice and friendly. After taking an oath to tell the truth, she started going through my N-400 application (not line by line). Eventhough I said no to "citation and arrest", I had HOV violation and driving under suspended privilage tickets. Showed her documents that I paid my due and I am clear. She seemed satisified with that. Also I have said no to "have you been to jail or prison? " in my application,I told her I was detained in my home country and she said that is fine.

After that she asked me civic questions, reading and writing tests. And she said that I have passed the interview and she would recommand me for approval. She even wanted me to take the oath ceremony this very day, but I remind her that my 5th anniversary is on 02/14/2011. She said then we will send you an oath letter on that day telling you when to come.

Let me be the FIRST to congratulate you!!!! I'm so happy for you and it would have killed me to refuse not taking the oath the same day. :) Although you definitely did the right thing by letting her know that you can't take the oath till your anniversary date. I didn't exactly follow your entire story though, did you go back to COP?

Let me be the FIRST to congratulate you!!!! I'm so happy for you and it would have killed me to refuse not taking the oath the same day. :) Although you definitely did the right thing by letting her know that you can't take the oath till your anniversary date. I didn't exactly follow your entire story though, did you go back to COP?

Thanks Assylee.
No I didn't go to COP. But in my asylum application I said I was detained and arrested. So I wasn't sure how to answer this on the application question (question 21) of N-400. If I said yes to question 21, they would ask me to bring evidence and all that. And it is hard to get arrestation evidence from COP. So in my application I said no to question 21 but in person I explained to her the situation. And she was fine with my answer.

Congrats for those who passed the interview, i do have a question did they ask for state tax transcript during the interview?

wow!

Congrats to you and everyone else who became a citizen last year. I am moving to the 2011 thread and will be applying in July.

Hello everyone,

Hello, forum members,

My N-400 is dated 10/28/2010, fingerprints done 11/30/2010. Got yellow letter 12/8/2010. Since then - nothing. On the uscis website my status is still as "Request for evidence", fingerprinting, that is, dated 11/2/2010. Should I worry and may be check with them, or it takes this long? I read on their website that processing time is 5 months, it is 5 months for me in 3 days but nothing has moved yet.
I will appreciate any advice.

Fairlakes,
Thanks for the feedback and yes I did travel to COP. As of the timeline, I see on the USCIS website, it's 5 months for Dallas

Hey BobbyRachel,

Have you been interviewed yet? Did you pass? Are you a citizen now? Can you tell us about your experience? Did they ask you about COP? How did they react? What did they ask? How did you explain? By the way, after you came back from COP, at the point of entry, how was you experience? Did they interrogate you about your COP visit?

Thanks

Interview

Hi everyone,

I had my interview in NYC. It took about 10 min or less. I was approved on the spot and advised to wait for the oath letter, which I did. :)

Yes, I renewed my passport and went to COP three times (short trips) - I listed all trips on my application. No questions had been asked. However, being a member of this forum for years, I had all kind of docs with me to defend my decision to go.

No questions about asylum whatsoever. Just wanted to share. Good luck to everyone.

I am filing for asylum with unauthorized employment.Need help.

Hi everyone,
I am about to file for asylum.I came to the U.S on F-1 and attended a semester then stopped.I have been working off-campus with my social security.Will my asylum be denied because of that?I was advised to not mention it on the form but am scared they might find out.should I do it that way or mention it in the form?PLEASE HELP.

Hi fellows,

It took me all togather, 119 days from application file date to an Oath Ceremony. I am proud to be the USC now. I had to wait about 40 days between interview and Oath ceremony date because my GC was not complete 5 years at the time of Interview. Otherwise my Oath would be on April 26, which would make my Naturalization process complete within 100 days. It's FAST.....!!!

Thanks all of you (specially to wantmygcnow, thankful,shefe assylum etc) for your help, supports and advices in the issues regarding my Asylum, Green Card and finally Naturalization.

please check out my signature for timeline......

Thank you,
Nepz06

Last edited by a moderator:
intent to deny

hiya, asylum applicant here.
so i gave an interview almost 2 months ago. yesterday i received the decision on a mail. it says they are intending to deny my asylum application because my oral interview was inconsistent with the written story. so my question is, does anybody has any knowledge about what to do next? i have 16 days.

Contact a good attorney as soon as possible, don't reply the intend of deny by your own, I also received an intend of deny 6 years ago

I'm lucky to be alive!

On Thursday around 7:15AM, when I was two blocks away from immigration office in Atlanta for my Naturalization interview, I had a car accident. A black Suburban hit my car and ran away, my car spun out about 5 times, air bags were deployed, but thanks God I didn't suffer any physical damage. My Interview had been scheduled for 8:20AM

I had to wait one hour until police officer appeared, made the report and my car was towed. I was so afraid because I was pretty sure I was going to miss my interview, finally I was released by the police officer, then I ran two blocks to the immigration and arrived just on time!

30 minutes later I was called by an Immigration Officer (28 years old African American lady), we went two her office, she asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth so I did it, then she started asking me the questions from N-400 document, then she started the questions from naturalization test, once I answered the question number 6 she stopped the interview and told me I passed the test and I was recommended for approval and I had two wait for the oath letter to be mailed.

Next day I received a call from insurance company and told me that my car was declared as a total lost.

The day of my Naturalization almost was the last day of my life, thanks God I keep my life and passed the test!

Last edited by a moderator: