asylee I 485, what will happen?

54belgo

Registered Users (C)
I did the paperwork (no lawyer) for an asylee friend of mine (I485) and he just was called for his fingerprints. Does anyone know what happens next? Is there going to be an interview? what does he need to provide? is it a big deal? is it automatic? please help with info! :confused:

54belgo said:
I did the paperwork (no lawyer) for an asylee friend of mine (I485) and he just was called for his fingerprints. Does anyone know what happens next? Is there going to be an interview? what does he need to provide? is it a big deal? is it automatic? please help with info! :confused:
My case: I went to the fingerprints appointment (nothing strange ... everything went OK). sent in my medical exams, sent in my bigraphic forms. Processed in TSC. 5 weeks later had my GC in hand ... no interview

54belgo said:
Usually, there are no interviews, but I think sometimes they transfer cases to local offices for interviews (I think they pick cases at random).

I did my fingerprint on Feb 15 (and sent my medical around that time), and I am still waiting. My case is in Nebraska. The only thing your friend has to do now is wait. I have seen people get approved around 2 months after fingerprint, but I have also seen people who have been waiting more. So good luck to your friend.

By the way, does he check his online status? That will show him a new LUD (Last updated date) whenever an IO works on his case.