• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Asia DV14 Progress from Jun to Sept

It is just very, very strange that a cn # 2014AS12451 may have been issued a visa on 26-Jun-14, while it just (barely) became current for August... Britsimon, Any thoughts?
May be there is was no one scheduled for june in yemen so they operated all the august yemenese cases in june, but still its just wierd for me and it sounds like favoritism !

It is just very, very strange that a cn # 2014AS12451 may have been issued a visa on 26-Jun-14, while it just (barely) became current for August... Britsimon, Any thoughts?

I would say it is most likely a mistake/misreporting.

We know that it is possible that some interviews can take place before the current date, but then the visa should not be issued until the current month. THe embassy might have screwed that up and interviewed early, and even issued the visa BUT I think it is more likely that it is a simple mistake when updating the case to AP - which it seems is common at SAA (similar to how Moscow behaves).

They always say the 15th. In fact, last month they were telling people the 15th several days AFTER we already had the numbers.
Hi Britsimon,
Will you please explain what this statement means: "You case is under processing now and not yet released by Department of state(DOS)".

We know that it is possible that some interviews can take place before the current date, but then the visa should not be issued until the current month. THe embassy might have screwed that up and interviewed early, and even issued the visa BUT I think it is more likely that it is a simple mistake when updating the case to AP - which it seems is common at SAA (similar to how Moscow behaves).
Thank you, Britsimon, makes perfect sense.

Ok...Britsimon,I have a doubt
If DV is a random selection then....
between 8900-12700 there are
SAA -47 Cases(Total Selectees -(532)
CLM-46 Cases(Total Selectees - (1616)
How a country with less number of selectees get more chances than country with higher number of slectees within a same range?

May be there is was no one scheduled for june in yemen so they operated all the august yemenese cases in june, but still its just wierd for me and it sounds like favoritism !
Hi vladek15425, From what I had understood from "our" consulate, the process allows for earlier interview dates, yet the actual visa can only be issued by the system on the first day of the month the applicant has become current, i.e. August 1st in this case. Most likely we are looking at issues in reporting, as Britsimon has suggested.

Ok...Britsimon,I have a doubt
If DV is a random selection then....
between 8900-12700 there are
SAA -47 Cases(Total Selectees -(532)
CLM-46 Cases(Total Selectees - (1616)
How a country with less number of selectees get more chances than country with higher number of slectees within a same range?

Well a couple of things. Because the original draw was random is the first reason and then perhaps the relative response rates bewteen countries. Really these numbers are too small to draw any conclusions.

Dear Nepali friends, I got the reply of my email from US embassy Katmandu now.
It says: 'The numerical limit for Nepal has been met. If you haven't received appointment , it is very unlikely you will receive one."

I think , the game is over for remaining Nepalese selectees. :(

Dear Nepali friends, I got the reply of my email from US embassy Katmandu now.
It says: 'The numerical limit for Nepal has been met. If you haven't received appointment , it is very unlikely you will receive one."

I think , the game is over for remaining Nepalese selectees. :(

Wow, that would be a surprise if correct. Can you paste the exact email.

The email I received is,

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

The numerical limit for Nepal under the DV 2014 has been met. If you have not received an appointment, it is very unlikely you will receive one.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

kathmandu, Nepal

Phone: 977-1-423-4500

Fax: 977-1-400-7281

http://nepal.usembassy.gov

What does it mean???
Final cutoff for Nepal is 9500!!!!......???....
Yes, based on the email content, Nepal already have enough selectees to meet the country limit. So, Nepal will stay at 9500 for Sept. Notice from Nepal US embassy and the article posted here pointed to the same thing.

DKK, I am surprise that US embassy reply you this message even before the Sept VB is out.

I don't know mate. I had emailed them as soon as the notice was published in embassy website some days ago. As I checked now, got to see that :(

The email I received is,

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

The numerical limit for Nepal under the DV 2014 has been met. If you have not received an appointment, it is very unlikely you will receive one.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

kathmandu, Nepal

Phone: 977-1-423-4500

Fax: 977-1-400-7281

http://nepal.usembassy.gov

Guys, I am very sorry to hear that - very bad news... Don't want to sound pessimistic, yet unfortunately folks from Nepal may not end up being the only ones disappointed next week... Best of luck to everyone waiting!

Reactions: DKK