Article: Entering USA, what to expect?

Hi -

I am confused about the category criteria. I have masters in Comp science and have 5 years of experience in US, with 4 years beng with the GC sponsoring employer. I am currently a project manager with my current company and finally they agreed to file for GC. But I was very surprised that they were filing in EB3 category as the job requirement does not require masters degree. Is there a way to still or a criteria to convince my boss and company attorney to file in EB2 category?

your response and feedback is much appreciated. thank you
Kitz

Hello..My Name is Micheal from Nigeria,am presently in America on a K3 visa.married an america citizen.we had our good time,i came out here to america & was only here 2 weeks & got into a domestic Dispute with my spouse,Not even enough time to file my I-485 or even get a SSN..i ended up doing 6 months in the county Jail In the state of california & now facing cancellation and removal. am afriad cos my visa expires october 29th.i dont have notting,my wife was a crazy lady,she burnt all my paper works.. i cant even get a job to be able to hire a Lawyer..Please any one on idea on what i can do to settle this issue?am so scared of getting deported.thank to all

I need to know about entry requirements for HSMP visa. I done MSc in Computer Science but i have not a huge job experience (only 1 year in a software house)... can you tell me more details for this type of visa...? Thanks

Cheers!

Im working almost a year now and im looking forward for applying for HSMP visa..I guess i have the same clarification like others.

I am from Pakistan, and apply for L1-B visa for USA. My interview was held on 3rd Nov, 2009 and visa was approved but officer said it will take two months to complete your additional process, now today is 20th Jan, 2011 and I am still waiting for my passport and visa. I have sent lots of email to the US embassy Islamabad, Pakistan but they said your case is in administration process. Meanwhile I want my passport back to travel different country, can anybody have any idea how can I get my passport and how long it will take to stamp my visa.

I am from Pakistan, and apply for L1-B visa for USA. My interview was held on 3rd Nov, 2009 and visa was approved but officer said it will take two months to complete your additional process, now today is 20th Jan, 2011 and I am still waiting for my passport and visa. I have sent lots of email to the US embassy Islamabad, Pakistan but they said your case is in administration process. Meanwhile I want my passport back to travel different country, can anybody have any idea how can I get my passport and how long it will take to stamp my visa.

How it can be?? I don't think your visa was approved. Once visa is approved then there is no Administration Review. It goes under this process only officer is not satisfied with your documents or your Interview, and they have some doubt and they need time to investigate your documents or your background and Once your case is under Administration Review there is no time limit, even you can't ask US Consular how long it will take. They will tell you it might take 1 month or yearss too. but most of time they are finishing Administration Review in around 6 to 9 months.

You can't travel to another country while you are under this Review. To travel you will need your passport and if you ask your passport from US Embassy, they will give it back happily and make a note that you have withdraw your case and your file will be closed.

Be sure they will be working on your file and suddenly they might give you surprise visit to your home or any related connection with your file.

Just hold on stay cool.
Good Luck

Hi there - I'm new in this site, Greetings to all!!!
I'm visiting US officially on b1 visa, is there any way to convert the visa into H1 or other suitable visa to work in US.
As I'm having 5+ years of experience in US MNC company and looking for an international opportunity in US.

thanks

Hello .. My name is Michael from Nigeria, is currently in the U.S. on a K3 visa.married citizen.we America had our good time, I came here to America and have been here only two weeks and got into a domestic dispute with my spouse not even enough time to file my I-485 or even get a SSN .. I ended up doing six months in county jail in the State of California and is now facing the cancellation and withdrawal. cos am afriad my visa expires in October have not 29th.i Notting, my wife was a crazy lady, she burned all my works on paper .. I can not even get a job to be able to hire a lawyer .. Please an idea of ​​what I can do to solve this problem? are so afraid to come all deported.thank

Hello,
I have a question.If 194 is expired by 2012 september and the labour is renewed and extended till 2015.So, is it required to go to home country to renew I94.