Article: AC21 - accepting a green card

hello every one, wow what a mess 2 days ago i was denied entry to usa from Montreal canada i was going to miami by plane to see my sister whos sick, at the customs they fingreprint me and took picture of me, was there for 2 hours then sent me back to canadians, the officer sad that i go to often to miami and that i need to have proof of ties in canada work, bank statment ect,,,,, he give me this paper that says (application for admission withdrawn) the paper says also subject was deemd inadmmisible under section 212(a)(7)(B)(i)(I) of the INA , can anyone let me know what deos this mean please, also he says i was lucky because he could of gived 5 years to 10 years no entry to usa.
I traveled so many times to usa with no problems, i have no criminal record, i have a canadian apsseport. Please help figure out what to do.
thank you so much
can you please help me Rajiv

hello every one, wow what a mess 2 days ago i was denied entry to usa from Montreal canada i was going to miami by plane to see my sister whos sick, at the customs they fingreprint me and took picture of me, was there for 2 hours then sent me back to canadians, the officer sad that i go to often to miami and that i need to have proof of ties in canada work, bank statment ect,,,,, he give me this paper that says (application for admission withdrawn) the paper says also subject was deemd inadmmisible under section 212(a)(7)(B)(i)(I) of the INA , can anyone let me know what deos this mean please, also he says i was lucky because he could of gived 5 years to 10 years no entry to usa.
I traveled so many times to usa with no problems, i have no criminal record, i have a canadian apsseport. Please help figure out what to do.
thank you so much
can you please help me Rajiv

Please do not post messages unrelated to the main article. I will have to delete them; a waste of your time and mine. Send me a message through the "Contact Us" form on Immigration.Com. Let me see if I can guide you.

EB3 to Eb2 porting with both I-140 approved seperately with same employer

Hi,
Please advise after reading my case
EB3 filled in Feb 2006 and approved in 2010 (and I-140 approved in 2010)
EB2 filled in Mar 2009 and approved in 2009 (and I-140 approved in 2009) both are from same employer.

Now my question is
1) can I port my earliest priority by reapplying EB2 I-140 and recapture old PD with new EB2-I-140 and apply I-485
or just apply I-485 with 2 approved l-140 saying EB2 but earliest pd from EB3 ?

or
2) I can't port because of same employer and Eb3 got approved after Eb2

Please clarify my doubts. I was unable to see any porting article related to this type of case.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
EB2 filled in Mar 2009 and approved in 2009 (and I-140 approved in 2009) both are from same employer.

Now my question is
1) can I port my earliest priority by reapplying EB2 I-140 and recapture old PD with new EB2-I-140 and apply I-485

or

Please clarify my doubts. I was unable to see any porting article related to this type of case.

Thanks,

Transfer of priority date can be accomplished by a letter and a call to the customer service. These days, USCIS performs periodic sweeps of approved I-140's and should be able to assign you the 2006 PD on the EB2 case automatically, but a letter and a call is a good idea, anyway.

Thank you very much Rajiv , Now I came to know why my friends recommended your forum to follow.

One of the reason is very quick reply and clear reply.

Hi Rajiv,

I have Two I-140 valid approvals ( and waiting for I-485).

Facts:-

(a) I got I-140 appoval which has priority date Oct'17, 2006 Under EB-3 category. This was filed by my first employer ABC.

(b) I also got I-140 which has priority date Jan'8, 2011 Under EB-2 under category. This was files by my second employer XYZ.

(c) Currently I am on H1-B visa. 6 years of which will expire on Apr'15, 2011

(d) My current location : United States

(e) My Nationality : Indian

I have few questions.

(1) Is it possible that I can file I-485 when the EB-2 processing date is Oct'17'2006 or later ? Can I use the priority date of my previous I-140 ?

Please note that both the 1-140 were files under different EB categories however the job profile of the second job is 60-70% same as the firt job with some additional responsibilities.

(2) Can I get H1-B extented for another three years based on my current I-140 ( which is from EB2)

(3) Can I independently file I-485 thru an immigration lawyer or do i have to be dependent on my employer.

(4) what should be my next step to make the process smooth for I-485 approval.

Thanks
Ripudaman

hi thanks for sharing this..........

Hi,

Now my question is

or

Thanks,

regards
propertytalks.in [ India's No 1 Property Listing site.... Buy / Sell / Rent Property anywhere in India ]