Arrest records and interview

4rc4ne

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have filed the n400 but did not have an arrest record to send, so all I sent was a certified court disposition. At the time I did not realize the arrest record was required. I then received the YL and it said on there to bring a state ID, arrest record and court disposition. Somehow I took it as them requiring the arrest record OR court disposition. I did not realize this until I received the IL a couple days ago and scrutinized the required doc list and saw the AR was required. The interview is on 4/9.
The arrest was from nyc in feb 2000 and I now live in xxxx. I searched the web for contact numbers to call the precinct to no avail. I searched the web for information and the only thing I can find would take too much time. I have to request a package, wait for it, send it somewhere else, wait for a fingerprint appointment and finally get the results of the record search. Seems like this process will take 2 months.
So my question is will I be okay to go to the interview without the arrest record? Will they even ask for it since I have the court disposition?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have filed the n400 but did not have an arrest record to send, so all I sent was a certified court disposition. At the time I did not realize the arrest record was required. I then received the YL and it said on there to bring a state ID, arrest record and court disposition. Somehow I took it as them requiring the arrest record OR court disposition. I did not realize this until I received the IL a couple days ago and scrutinized the required doc list and saw the AR was required. The interview is on 4/9.
The arrest was from nyc in feb 2000 and I now live in Orlando. I searched the web for contact numbers to call the precinct to no avail. I searched the web for information and the only thing I can find would take too much time. I have to request a package, wait for it, send it somewhere else, wait for a fingerprint appointment and finally get the results of the record search. Seems like this process will take 2 months.
So my question is will I be okay to go to the interview without the arrest record? Will they even ask for it since I have the court disposition?

Thanks.
Were you ever convicted? What was the arrest for?

Yes I was convicted of driving with a suspended license and fined $50. I had my brother go to the precinct and they would will not provide an arrest report. He was told I would have to have an attorney get it for me.