Are these all I need to file in the first step?

suxx0011

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I\'ve got green card last August, and recently I got married with a F1 student who is studying here in U.S. (we now live in Omaha, Nebraska).

I want to sponsor for my wife\'s green card all by ourselves, \'cause I think that\'s pretty straight-forward. I read at http://www.ins.gov/ web site about what I need to prepare to file in the first step, but I still have some questions about exactly what documents we need to submit to the INS office. I wonder if anyone who has done such things before could help to clarify.

As a first step, we intend to submit following documents to the INS office in Nebraska (since we live in Nebraska):

(1) A notarized copy of our marriage certificate
(2) One recent color photo for each of us (total 2 photos)
(3) A completed and signed I-130 Form (one for each)
(4) A completed and signed G325A Form (one for each)
(5) Application Fee (130$ money order)
(6) A notarized copy of her passport
(7) A notarized copy of my green card

Mail to: USINS Nebraska Service Center, P.O. Box 87130, Lincoln, NE 68501-7130

In I-130 instruction, it mentioned that "if the I-130 petition is being filed concurrently with Form I-485 ... etc.", I wonder if I should also file I-485 and other forms concurrently, or wait for instructions from INS later?

I wonder if I just need to file the forms I listed above, then wait for a receipt (a priority date to be set then?), then wait for quota to be available, then file I-485, etc.? Is there anything else I should file?

Please advise!

Thank you so much!
Have a nice day!

I want to do the same

Hi! I got my GC a few months ago. I am stuck now, as I am not able to get anyone from India, so I am looking for local people.

If you are filing I130, till your wife\'s case is not current, does\'nt your wife have to maintain her legal status on her \'own\'. I mean, does she get EAD card. I do not think so.

So after her F1 if she goes into CPT or OPT then she has to get H1 etc.. while waiting for her priority date.

Is this correct? Am I missing some facts?

No Title

You cannot file I-485 along with I-130 if you are a permanent resident sponsoring your spouse. You can only file I-485 once the priority date becomes current, which currently takes about 5 years. No 485 also means you cannot file for EAD for your spouse. Spouse has to maintain own status in the U.S (ideally H1 or L1)

No Title

I think you have everything correct. Is it required to notarize the copies? I beleieve the INS now accepts plain lgeible photcopies with out certifications. From the INS website:

"The INS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications."