Are there any approvals from the Special Registeration countries

takeanumber

Registered Users (C)
I was wondering if there are any approvals from the Special Registeration countries like Pakistan Bangladesh saudi Iran etc.
I dont know if there are any readers on this forum. I am just curious to see if they have approved anybody at all from these countries and what are their experiences. Thanks

Thanks, Case details
My case is pending since Oct,2000.
Cat: EB
I-140 approved 1999
N/D 10,2000
2 finger prints
3 EAD's
2 AP's
last fingerprint in Jan,2003
Special Registeration in Jan 2003(Pak): No issues
Senator follow up: Aug,2003

Your case is way overdue. You need to get a good attorney who can fight for you. If you already have one, I suggest you change that attorney. Also if I were you, I would be calling every senator/congressman in your area and let them know about your case. BCIS have to give a valid respone since they are saying the time is 01/02/01. Good luck.

Me and my wife had the AP's but we did not travel on it. So I had to do the Sp. Registeraqtion. I plan to travel now so I dont have to do this time.

takeanumber

Me and my wife planning to travel on AP also in December, good luck to us.

Suggestion: Try to travel to canada and come back so that you get that Poarole stamp on AP

oh well..

I thought I would get my 485 approved before I have to go for special registration again but the way TSC is working, it looks like I have to go for SP registration again next year :(

I had AP for the last two years and still never travelled outside USA for fear of having whatever problems, but I think I shouldve so that I wouldnt have to go for the gruesome sp registration at the local INS office. This year I didnt even apply for Ap cause I don't want to travel outside USA till I get my 485 approved, but then aain, if I want to avoid goingto INS ofice again in april next year for SP registration, I should travel to Bangladesh ( my origin) and come back perhaps.

Damn it! This is is so confusing and frustrating. I applied for my 3rd EAD! I alreday applied for 2 APs. so much drainage of money, energy, frustration, stuck career, depression........( I'm sure everyone on this board understands) My ND for 485 is Sept 01. Just imagine!!!

I understand your pain hmcis. Even though my ND is 02/02, I am also frustrated. At the rate it is going who knows when we will have our GC. So I decided that I will travel outside USA now. I was holding off all this time, but I do not care any longer. I don't think my life should revolve around that any more. I am tired of this BS. If they can approve EAD within 90 days for every application, I do not think they have any resource issue or money issue. They are deliberately and willingly doing this, but I will not give up and I know eventually they have to give in. Hope we all get GC soon.:mad:

takeanumber

I am a canadian citizen now and at that time I had to take my ciitzenship test so I went to Canada as an immigrant and I came back through Toronto. First time I had no problem but second time the guy ask me differenct questions, you know all that BS but he couldn't do anything like not alow the entry because I already had paorole stamp on my passport.

But they will do special registration

2001case,

What do you mean when you say that they will do special registration. I came twice from Canada in the last year using AP but they didn't do any Special registration for me.

I went to Canada last Feb 03 w/ my wife. Immigration people at Toronto asked me basically one question "Do you have family based case or employment based case?" I told them employment based. I ended up missing my flight because I was running a little late and didn't expect that they will do my immigration in Canada and not in Houston.

Oh well, it was a hassle but immigration people were polite and things worked out fine.

Azee

I don't know man; you always come across with some morons at any POE try to be a smart ass and do everything by the book. I guess I came across with one of those.

Yes they did my special registration both the time even though I told them my status is parole and I don't need special registration. Actually second time I miss my flight because of that.

infact...

I am a Canadian landed immigrant as well but I havent travelled to canada for like 4 years. I couldnt apply for the citizenship since the last time I visited Canada, while coming back into USA they gave me such a hard time, I did nt want t take any risk of going into Canada again while my 485 is in process here. So I'm stuck in the middle, not 485 approval and no Canadian citizenship. The job situation is REALLY bad, boss giving hard time EVERY single day. Asks me to leave even. Anyways, no matter how less I want to think about it, the whole green card thing is eating me everday, my personal life is affected, my family life, job, career everything. I am so frustrated. What I hate is other centers are approving cases and quiet upto date bu TSC is so backlogged. They just cannot play with all these applicatnt's fate and that's EXACTLY what they are doing. and the ONLY reason I want to stay in thsi country is I LOVE this country for its freedom of speech, the fairness and no corruption in the general public life. IT IS JUST NOT FAIR TO PLAY WITH OUR LIVES LIKE THAT!! Ughhhhhh....

So there are us immigration officers at Toronto airport. After your visit Canada on an AP, they do us immigration at Toronto and not in Houston or Atlanta etc. Right?

Yes,

I think it's always like that... Even longtime back when I went to Canada for H1 visa. They always do immigration there, in Canada, not in US

Thanks Husain,
I plan to travel with my wife and a six month old baby. Baby is US Citizen. Does he need a US Passport or a birth Certificate is enough.

Originally posted by takeanumber
Thanks Husain,
I plan to travel with my wife and a six month old baby. Baby is US Citizen. Does he need a US Passport or a birth Certificate is enough.

I've found that a Birth Certificate for a young infant works OK.

I have no experience taking an infant. I "heard" you can go to certain post offices and get a passport pretty quick.

Good luck!