Are new visa numbers released yet for FY 2008?

tscuser1

Registered Users (C)
Hello All - First of all I have been a silent follower of this web site and it simply taught me a lot on my immigration journey...... THANKS for all those postings..... appreciate ALL!

My Case details are:

EB-2
LC - PD: Jan 2003, AD: July 2005
I-140 - RD: Aug. 2005, AD: Jan 2006
I-485 - RD: Aug. 2005, AD: :confused:
NC Cleared : 2nd week of Oct 2007

I spoke with an IO at TSC and came to know that my case is pending b'cos visa numbsers are NOT released yet for 2008 quote since Oct 1st 2007. What in the world is happening with USCIS..... I just don't understand why they haven't received new visa numbers when they supposed to.

I am wondering if any of you got the same reply from TSC IO? Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,
tscuser1

EB-2
I-485 - RD: Aug. 2005, AD: :confused:
NC Cleared : 2nd week of Oct 2007 (after enquiring/fighting through local Senator & Congress man)

TheRealCanadian I agree with you.......

But I don't think your M comment is true for (TSC) IO's at least.... if I am not mistaken.

..... what concerns me is getting the SAME EXACT message last week and this week too ...from 2 different TSC IO's

I totally agree with TheRealCanadian , and glad that i see him still hanging around here !!!
The calls to USCIS are a total B@@LL , and they are giving you only vague info or none , and all they know it is to open SR everytime you call or telling you lies !!! If you ask to talk to an IO , it's like you ask them to give you the GC right away , and come with all types of escuses until , after insisting , they will conect you to the IO , and from there it's just good luck , if you get an IO to tell you the right info , you are lucky , if not they will turn you around with all other escuses too !!! This it is the Custumer Service provided by USCIS these days !!! I did 5 ( FIVE ) SR's and still no answer , no info provided , and i'm just fed up with these guys !!! So , i'm telling everybody , that USCIS call will not help too much , just waste of time !!! Shame on them !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree both GHEBAUER & TheRealCanadian.

But I did POJ to speak with TSC IO ......

Dialed 1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 enter SRC# then options 3-4 to speak with an IO...

Anyways..... just curious if others heard of same......thats all

I Agree

I had 2 INFOPASS appts in Houston and both times I gotto speak to the same IO. I was enquiring about my name check. The lady was too lazy to even look up my case... She just said my namecheck is pending based on what i filled out on my inquiry form....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I totally agree with TheRealCanadian , and glad that i see him still hanging around here !!!
The calls to USCIS are a total B@@LL , and they are giving you only vague info or none , and all they know it is to open SR everytime you call or telling you lies !!! If you ask to talk to an IO , it's like you ask them to give you the GC right away , and come with all types of escuses until , after insisting , they will conect you to the IO , and from there it's just good luck , if you get an IO to tell you the right info , you are lucky , if not they will turn you around with all other escuses too !!! This it is the Custumer Service provided by USCIS these days !!! I did 5 ( FIVE ) SR's and still no answer , no info provided , and i'm just fed up with these guys !!! So , i'm telling everybody , that USCIS call will not help too much , just waste of time !!! Shame on them !!!

Friends please help me understand:

If the visas for EB2 are current in the VB for Nov '07. Why don't they have visas? This means even EB2s will not get visa numbers? or are these for 2008 and not released yet...? I don't think I understand the process...please help!

I may be asking an obvious question so pardon my ignorance...THANKS IN ADVANCE

Thought I would update you with following.

Spoke with an IO in TSC (via POJ) and came to know that my case is pending b’cos visa numbers are not available. I was like what >!”<!....

When I asked IO if 2008 quota visa numbers released at all after 1st Oct 2007 …. Answer I got back was…..”yes” but they were released before 1st Oct 2007 and already got consumed in September 2007…. Now they are waiting for state dept. to release more 2008 quota visa numbers it seems……and IO on call didn’t have any clue on when the new visa numbers will be released from State Dept.

Once again…. what a screwed up process….hats off to all HATS 

Thanks,
tscuser1

EB-2
I-485 - RD: Aug. 2005, AD: ??
NC Cleared : 2nd week of Oct 2007 (after enquiring/fighting through local Senator & Congress man)