April's 140 got approved

Greener

Registered Users (C)
I filled 140&485 at the end of April 2004 with EB3 mode.
At April 01 I got emails from INS:

Receipt Number: WACXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On April 1, 2005, an approval notice was
mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice,
you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

So I don't know why did they send me that at April 01. Are they just messing with me ? lol.

Waiting for my 485.

Congratulation Greener!

Hi Mesbah did you send an FOIPA request to FBI for your name check?
Did you also send an email to the office of David Hardi for the name check related to your AOS application?

Last edited by a moderator:
csc_pawn,

Yes, and Yes. Did the email, and letter in regular mail to David Hardy. No responses yet.

Just completed my FP2 including biometrics on saturday. Have an LUD on 485 today.

csc_pawn,

What is FOIPA?

Just for info, LUD changed on my 140 and 485 again today on 4/5/2005, no change in message.

csc_pawn said:
Congratulation Greener!

Hi Mesbah did you send an FOIPA request to FBI for your name check?
Did you also send an email to the office of David Hardi for the name check related to your AOS application?

Biometrics and LUD

I had a biometrics done on 4/2 and there was a LUD on my 485 (ND - 3/23/04) on 4/4. I think everyone gets a LUD after a fp/biometrics. Does biometrics actually indicate that it is close to the finish line?

mich4gc,

My lawyer seems to think it's a good sign. She said that they typically see approvals within 3-5 weeks after FP2. Typically, they only send notices for people who did their prints 15 months ago, so we got our FP2 early. Lets hope this is indeed a good sign. Have you received any mail from CSC yet about your FP results being in? I haven't.

I think there are only a handful of us march 04 people left.

No response regarding FP results. I did not even know they send something, I heard someone at the INS fp office, say they let you know if it is not cleared in 15 months. Is that what you are talking about? My Biometrics had a code 3 (bio + fp). I wonder why they did another fp. Some people only have 2 (which I believe is bio only). Gosh, another 3-5 weeks!

Well, hopefully you'll hear something sooner. Usually a couple of days after u do your FP, you get a status update saying the results are in, and processing has resumed on your case..

Keep me updated. I'll do the same. I had code 3 too.

I just got another LUD on my 485, no change in message. Wonder what they'are doing. Does the LUD change, everytime someone touches the case?

After reading your msg, I checked, and I too got another LUD not too long ago. No change in msg. Expect a change in msg today or tomorrow stating that the results of the FP are in and processing has resumed on the case. A 140 approval would be very very nice, but that's too much wishful thinking :)

Good luck to you all guys.
I do wish to you all and me a freedom in this country, country that fought against slaves long time ago.

mesbah said:
csc_pawn,

Yes, and Yes. Did the email, and letter in regular mail to David Hardy. No responses yet.

Just completed my FP2 including biometrics on saturday. Have an LUD on 485 today.

But did you ask for the "Freedom Of Information Privacy Acts" request?
Here is a link for the pdf form:

http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf

I got a response in 2 weeks for both my wife and myself indicating that there is a No Record on our names and dob.
You need 1 name per request.

If your name check takes for ever you could send a snail mail to the Hardy office to make your case.
There are difference between FOIPA and NNCP but at least backing up your case with a No Record is always good.