April CPers Plastic Card Tracker

Recd card yesterday - Record 6 working days

Cp - Chennai on 17th of April 2002
POE - 27th April 2002 evening at Chicago
Card Received on - 06th May 2002 at Chicago.

Had a mistake on my wife\'s card. Her middle and first name got mixed up. The same problem was on the packet we got from Chennai and had requested the immigration officer to change it. I guess he screwed up !!

Does anybody know how to get it changed ? or does it matter anyway?

Received Card

Interview: 04/19/02 in Montreal
POE: Port Huron, MI
DOE: 04/21/02
Cards Received: 05/07/02 (16 calendar days from POE)

Recd card in 8 work days (myself, wife & kid)

Interview: 04/19/02 in Chennai

POE: Phily
  DOE: 04/25/02
  Welcome letter : 05/06/02
  Cards Received: 05/07/02 ( 8 working days from POE)
  (myself, wife and kid)

Good luck to everyone. Thanks to everyone for all the help and information etc etc

SRIFX document list was very helpful.
  His directions to the LISTER labs was also very helpful.

Congrats vsc_01_gc!!!

I could not meet you at the Consulate. Since you were the first one to be called you left early. I was the second one to be called.

Enjoy your post GC life!!

Thanks trygc

Since I left first I couldn\'t know where you were seated in the consulate.
rr wrote about where you guys sat and so forth.
Unfortunately i couldn\'t meet you guys and I didn\'t want to take any chances inside the consulate by loitering around.

All the best to you. You should receive your card during next week or so.

Visitor visa for parents after GC interview in the consulate

Hi guys,

I am expecting CP interview at Chennai in July and probably after that my parents wants to go for visitors visa. My question is which one of the following documents I can use for my parents visitor\'s visa.

1. Copy of the visa sheet attached outside the Packet given to us after interview in the consulate.

2. Copy of The visa stamp in the passport at the POE.

3. Copy of the actual plastic card.

Basically, the question is, how soon I can use my permanent resident status for my parents visitor visa.

I appreciate if you guys have any input.

Thanks.

Chicago guy - name screw up

Chicago guy,

I had my last name and first name reversed on the packet we recvd from the consulate. The immigration officer at POE corrected it with a sketch pen. Haven\'t received the cards yet. Hopefully it will be correct.

In any case, you can file form I-90 and request name correction (supposed to take 2 months and u have to surrender ur current green card). I would suggest u get it done to avoid any future hassles at POE of future trips. Although u can argue that the name matches, photograph matches, so a mis-arrangement in name shouldn\'t be a big deal, but u never know.

my 2 cents,
-Siddharth

Questions

Hi,
Does any one know if Dr V/Lister labs in Chennai are open on Satday? Any feedback on how long it takes to receive the psaaport etc back after the interview? (I vaugely remember, Bluedart delivers on satday too. Is this correct?)

thanks,
Vishi

No Title

Lister is open on saturday.
Blue dart delivers on saturday provided it is not a holiday

Got welcome letter today

Entered US two weeks back (exactly) and got the welcome letter today. I got two copies of welcome letter but my wife didn\'t get any letter (??).

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of the plastic cards.

rr_rr did u get ur cards yet?

-Sidd