!!!! April Chennai Interviews !!!

srifx list

Guys,

What is this srifx list ? I keep seeing this in the mails but really don\'t know what it stands for.

thanks,
-Sidd

tax transcripts

I see a lot of reference to tax transcripts here. When I called up IRS, I was told that the tax transcripts are the same as xerox copies of the respective years 1040 from which was filed. I was also told that I need not get tax transcripts if I have xerox copies of previous years returns. Can somebody who has got the tax transcripts from IRS clarify?

Thanks,

srp100

cool guy

I know for sure my attorney is not the greatest around. He has screwed up a lot of paperwork before like date of birth etc.

But he has experience with CP as there are two of my colleagues who have gone through the same cp procedure as us. One of them did it in Mumbai in Nov and the other one did it in Jan this year at Chennai. I also spoke to him about 864 and he said thats the one which applies to us. The reason i said that and i believe its true is the the following reason.

in the field it says (if you are not a native born united states citizen, answer the following as appropriate) no one there one has to write thier naturalization number or citizenship certificate number or a permanent resident number which is "A" number. In our case its not true of any one of those apply for us.

my wording on the replacement of I 134 by I 864 was not correct as i was intending it to be in my case (employment based EB2 petition)

If you dont mind reading the instructions on I 864 it says clearly for all immediate relatives and family based immigrants. There is also a similar clause which specifies, the person who is completing the affidavit is the sponsor and if i am correct you are sponsoring your wife or children not your employer. The employer is sponsoring only you and you sponsor your family in turn. The instructions futher go on to say the sponsor must be 18, citizen or an alien lawfully admitted to the united states for permanent residence (your application is processed first then your family) and a domicile of usa. I believe all of the above is true to that context.

I am still doubtful about all this till i actually go through it myself. I will be definately carrying both I 864 and I 134 (just in case)

In fact my colleague who went through this they took form I 864 and after taking his paystub they returned it back to him. He did not submit any affidavit of support at all.

So my friend i agree with you on one point and i will do that which is send chennai consulate an email and confirm it finally.

The other thing is this is a discussion forum to facilitate all of us to get through this process. All of us give our views and suggestion based on personal experiences. So any advice should be confirmed by your side by firm evidence or research. if you have an email or anything you wish to share with me i will surely welcome it, rest is all speculation and should be taken as an advice not direction.

It is a good discussion!!

But this opened up a question. I am on H1 and my spouise is on H4 and till today I thought I-134 is the affidavit of support and I got it notarized. I assumed that I-864 is for family based immmigration cases and in fact it was writtten clearly that lack of I-864 was the main reason for rejection in family based cases. I will also check with my attroney on this point. I appreciate if Patta Hara or any succesful CPers can post their valuable experience.

Thanks

Local IRS can get you transcripts in minutes

Got to a local IRS office and state the reason for getting a tax transcripts. They will be able to get you one in matter of minutes. Tax transcripts is summary of tax filing with IRS for any particular year.

Hope this helps.

Cool-guy

no hard feeling my friend

Chicagoguy,

I think you misunderstood me, I was trying to point you to the facts. My intention were not to intimidate you or your attorney. Anyways let me know what was the response for your mail. I would be happy to hear from you.

Cool-guy

cool guy

I have the firm documentation for you. I have the packet 4 sent to me by Chennai consulate

There is a letter called important notce (spelt wrong on the document) to immigrant visa applicants.

on that they have the list of documents that are required for the interview.

item no (6) on that says evidence of financial support (affidavit of support in the form of I 864 from the petitioner as well as any co-sponsor including 3 years of most recent US Federal income tax returns), petitioner\'s employment letter and Bank Statements.

I rest my case. I dont know how much more explict they can get on this.

Anyway no hard feelings buddy it was just a good discussion.

Where can I get I-864!!!

My attorney sent me only I-134 and I realized I also need I-864 for backup. can it be downloaded from immihelp.com. Do we have to notarize it.

Thanks

Evidence of Support

Hi,

Quite an interesting discussion going on about Evidence of support!! Let me point out my observation:

In form OF169 (Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants) item#7 says this: "Form I-864, a contractual affidavit of support, must be submitted for most family-based applicants and employment-based applicants when a relative is the petitioner or has ownership interest in the petitioning business. Other applicants must show evidence that they are not likely to become public charges while in the United Staes."

Hence, for employment based applicants, if the additional condition is not met, they don\'t need I-864, do they? My attorney told me that I only need I-134. Anyway, it will be a good idea to confirm this with Chennai consulate. Please, post their response here for the benifit of everybody.

Thanks,

srp100

I-134

U donot require I-864 for employment based applicants. All you have to do is - fill I-134 and get it notarised. Don\'t confuse yourselves with I-864 - it is not required for employment based applicants.

you seems to be more rational

I would agree with you on I134 and settle in for that only. I have enquired with consulate previously they seem to mention 134 only.

Guys, if you are not convinced from these discussions then take both 864 and 134.

Cool-guy

Cool guy

I have the firm documentation for you. I have the packet 4 sent to me by Chennai consulate
There is a letter called important notce (spelt wrong on the document) to immigrant visa applicants.

on that they have the list of documents that are required for the interview.

item no (6) on that says evidence of financial support (affidavit of support in the form of I 864 from the petitioner as well as any co-sponsor including 3 years of most recent US Federal income tax returns), petitioner\'s employment letter and Bank Statements.

I rest my case. I dont know how much more explict they can get on this. I think this is hard evidence right there to solve the issue between I 134 and I 864

Anyway no hard feelings buddy it was just a good discussion

My Attorney confirmed that only I-134 is required!!!

I am not taking I-864 because I was told that it is a complex form and it is not necessary for Employment Based Applications.
I got my I-134 notarized. Thanks Shynee, Chicago Guy and Cool Guy

I-864 Vs I-134

Guys,

I spoke to a friend (colleague) of mine who just arrived 2 days back after a successful CP at chennai. Notarized I-134 was enough for him. SO I think that\'s good enough.

what\'s this srifx list anyways?

-Sidd

sidd_hyd

Its just a checklist of documents and how they should be arranged to make sure that you dont miss any paperwork. If you search by the keyword srifx you will see a bunch of links and you can search for that posting. Srifx was a succesfull cper from last year

here is the srifx list

Guys here is the srifx list that I managed to find out. Add Police clearance certificate to it as per your case.

Hope this helps everyone.

I. Folder 1: Myself
-Passport (orig + copy?)
-Three immigration photos (1.5inch X 1.5inch, sign on two copies at the bottom front)
-OF-171 appointment letter from Consulate (original + copy?)
-Copy of OF230 part I (part of packet3)
-OF230 part II visa application (part II should be UNSIGNED)
-Marriage Certificate (orig + copy)
-3 Wedding photos (in a clear plastic envelope) + wedding card
-Birth Certificate (orig + copy)
-Employment letter (orig-notarized + copy?)
-3 months bank statements (orig + copy?)
-last 3 years IRS tax returns transcripts (1998, 1999, 2000)
-Medical reports (no X-rays)
-IRS 9003 form

II. Folder 2: Spouse
-Passport (orig + copy?)
-Three immigration photos (1.5inch X 1.5inch, sign on two copies at the bottom front)
-Copy of OF-171 appointment letter from Consulate - Note sure if we need to submit this?
-Copy of OF230 part I (part of packet3)
-OF230 part II visa application (part II should be UNSIGNED)
-Marriage Certificate (copy)
-3 Wedding photos (in a clear plastic envelope) + wedding card
-Birth Certificate (orig + copy)
-Affidavit of support I-134 (orig-notarized + copy?)
-Copy of primaries employment letter
-Employment letter (orig-notarized + copy?) - Not sure if we need to submit this?
-Medical reports (no X-rays)
-IRS 9003 form

III. Folder 3: Extra documents:

-Copy of last 3 years tax returns filings (orig + copy?)
-Original and a copy of latest pay stubs for past 3 months
-Latest H1 approval notice (my visa in the passport has expired)
-All H1, H4 approval notice and supporting documents
-Copies of LC, I-140 application and I-140 approval
-Originals and copies of all degree certificates and mark sheets
-Originals and copies of employment letters and experience letters
-Current company broachers - Do we need latest financial reports?

IV. Folder 4: Extra documents for Spouse

-Latest H1 approval notice (her visa in passport will be expired in a month)
-Original and a copy of latest pay stubs for past 3 months
-Copy of H1 extension application - (NO need for general cases)
-Originals and copies of all degree certificates and mark sheets
-Originals and copies of employment letters and experience letters
-Current company broachers - Not needed