April 2012 N-400 Tracker

Marusia_GC, I-9 is a form that all employers have to have on record for each of their employees. It records valid employment status all the way from simple work authorization to H1B to Green Card to Citizenship. In my journey every time I had a new "work authorization" status, I have filled it out and provided proof accordingly.

You do this with the HR rep at your workplace and its just a 1 page form. I talked to my HR rep and she suggested I get the form with Nat Cert and passport for proof of citizenship. When I get my passport, I will update it.

Thanks! It is strange that I have never filled it in at my University ( I am a faculty), even when I had H1B and then employment authorization. Maybe this is because I had EB GC (partially sponsored by the University), anf HR was updating everything on my behalf without even letting me know. When I was collecting documents for my interview, I could not locate the original of my I-140 approval notice (to my horror!!!), only a copy, but someone on this forum told me that HR should keep it, and this was true. As soon as I get my Certificate of Naturalization ( hope, hope, hope!) in ten days from now ( I am so tired of waiting and being under awful non-stop stress for all these 6 months - I so hope that everything will be fine), I will bring this Certificate to HR for update.

You personally signed I-9 :) You just don't remember it in a pile of the papers you sign on the first day of employment.
You also had to sign it again when you got GC.

Thanks! It is strange that I have never filled it in at my University ( I am a faculty), even when I had H1B and then employment authorization. Maybe this is because I had EB GC (partially sponsored by the University), anf HR was updating everything on my behalf without even letting me know. When I was collecting documents for my interview, I could not locate the original of my I-140 approval notice (to my horror!!!), only a copy, but someone on this forum told me that HR should keep it, and this was true. As soon as I get my Certificate of Naturalization ( hope, hope, hope!) in ten days from now ( I am so tired of waiting and being under awful non-stop stress for all these 6 months - I so hope that everything will be fine), I will bring this Certificate to HR for update.

As already pointed out, you probably don't remember signing it. Everyone has to sign it each time status changes. HR cannot do that for you.

Good luck for your oath ceremony. Take your loved ones with you.

Almost there.. Completed my interview today at San Jose

DO: San Jose, CA

07/13/07: GC
04/16/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with Fedex Priority Overnight (Day 1)
04/17/12: N-400 delivered (Day 2)
04/18/12: N-400 priority date (Day 3)
04/23/12: Check cashed (Day 8)
04/26/12: NOA recvd (Day 11)
04/26/12: FP notice mailed (Day 11)
04/30/12: FP notice recvd (Day 15)
05/01/12: FP done (Day 16) - Did early FP since I will be traveling overseas during my scheduled time
06/15/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview" (Day 61)
06/22/12: IL recvd (Day 70)
07/24/12: Interview (Day 102)
07/27/12: Oath Scheduled(Day 105)

05/01/12: FP done (Day 16) - Did early FP since I will be traveling overseas during my scheduled time
07/27/12: Oath Scheduled(Day 105)

Hi there,
happy for you!! my family will have interview in a couple days. not sure if you can share your experience?
since they do not speak english well, could you please let me know the reading and writing questions as well?
btw, do you ask for the oath schedule? or they just tell you right after the interview?
thank you and once again congrats for becoming a US citizen!!

Hi there,
happy for you!! my family will have interview in a couple days. not sure if you can share your experience?
since they do not speak english well, could you please let me know the reading and writing questions as well?
btw, do you ask for the oath schedule? or they just tell you right after the interview?
thank you and once again congrats for becoming a US citizen!!

Thank you!! Reading and writing test is the easiest one anyone can pass, please remember to pronounce all the words from page 28 (for reading) of "Quick Civic Lessons" study guide USCIS given to you during your finger printing appointment. For writing - please practice all the words from page 29. For civic test, one must read and try to remember all the 100 questions, worst case scenario even if you forget some.. chances are you will answer 6 out of 10 and that is good enough to pass. Officers are very friendly and welcoming new citizens.. I love U.S.A!!! Good luck to you and your family.

Interview

My wife passed the interview yesterday, everything was very smooth. She was asked history questions first.
She was told to expect Oath in 2 - 3 months.

I am an American now!!! Feels great to say that!!!! Good luck to everyone here!!!

07/27/12: Oath Scheduled for(Day 105)
07/27/12: Oath Completed! And I am an American(Day 105)

My wife passed the interview yesterday, everything was very smooth. She was asked history questions first.
She was told to expect Oath in 2 - 3 months.

Congratulations to your wife on passing the interview and good luck to you with yours. Yeah, the waiting time for oath ceremony is kind of lengthy here in St. Louis, MO. My son and I are waiting, waiting, waiting... ours is scheduled for August 3. I pray that nothing would happen during these few days before the oath!

Pls. look at my signature

17th April 2012 N-400 Sent (Day 0)
20th April 2012 NOA Received (Day 1)
24th April 2012 Check Cashed (Day 5)
27th April 2012 FP notice received (Day 8)
22nd May 2012 FP Done. (Day 33)
24th May 2012 Placed in line for interview schedule (Day 35)
24th July 2012 Online status "Interview Scheduled" (Day 97)
28th July 2012 IL Received for 8/29 (Day 101) [No YL Received]

Do we have same day oath in Chicago?

Last edited by a moderator:
Applied for passport 07/17 at local post office. Expedited.

Passport delivered at home on 07/26. Still waiting for passport card and return of Nat Cert.

Just FYI.

N400 Application Chicago

17th April 2012 N-400 Sent (Day 0)
20th April 2012 NOA Received (Day 1)
24th April 2012 Check Cashed (Day 5)
27th April 2012 FP notice received (Day 8)
22nd May 2012 FP Done. (Day 33)
24th May 2012 Placed in line for interview schedule (Day 35)
24th July 2012 Online status "Interview Scheduled" (Day 97)
28th July 2012 IL Received for 8/29 (Day 101) [No YL Received]

Do we have same day oath in Chicago?

I wish so, but what i have heard is that it take one week from the date of interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview done today.

Was asked to expect oath letter in "few weeks" :)

Most questions were pretty standard, i guess. Asked 4-5 civic questions.

I came up with a bag full of docs (as suggested by the sticker thread in this site), but NO use.

Thanks

My timeline

Hello all, wanted to share my timeline so far

Sent N-400 April 2, 2012
FP Notice received first week of May, did walk in FP the very next day with no questions asked at the charlotte, NC service center.
IV letter received 2nd week of June.
IV on Jul 10 in Memphis, TN. Did not get oath that day as IO was not sure abt documents being complete.
Oath Ceremony Status updated 7/31/12

Currently waiting for oath ceremony letter. Pretty close to being a US Citizen.

For my wife based on 3 yrs Green card

Signature has details.

Service center: Phoenix,AZ
District office: Los Angeles, CA
Application sent : 04/21/2012
Application Received:04/22/2012
FP notice received: 05/04/2012
FP appointment:05/17/2012
placed in line for interview scheduling: 06/25/2012
Interview letter recd: WAITING
Interview date:WITING

All done.

Relieved and happy that it is over finally. Had the oath in Phoenix on a lazy Friday afternoon. Less than a 100 took oath with us. We were allowed inside the courtroom at 12:30 PM. They verified the oath letter and GC and asked us to confirm the answers. It wasn't a happy moment to let go the GC as all the struggle was for that one. Reluctantly handed over that and got seated. The USCIS person briefed about the ceremony events after which the social security , passport and voter registration representatives talked briefly. They let the friends and relatives by 1:00 PM. The judge entered promptly at 1:30 PM and the ceremony began. He talked about the importance of the event and started the oath followed by pledge and finally the national anthem. After a few of the citizens had a chance to share their experience, the judge thanked and left. They distributed the naturalization certificate We had the SSA forms filled already and could turn that in before a big line formed. We were out of the building by 2:45 PM.

Wishing everyone that this in the process or waiting to be an immigrant, good luck as that is what you will need in this big gamble with USCIS.