April 2011 Filers

Just received a rejection notice because our checks were wrong...

I sent a check for $420 for the i-130, and $1070 for the i-485.

We submitted I-485, I-130, I-765 concurrently. What was wrong?
Probably the Payee...it must be US department of homeland security or department of homeland security...if its is USCIS they probably will reject it....good luck

@The Russian-

Did you get your NOA? I can't believe they cashes your check already! That's great news. I called yesterday and nothing yet:( I hope we do not get our 3rd rejection..panicking AGAIN!

Where are you from in Russia?

I'm from Serbia:)

@The Russian-

Did you get your NOA? I can't believe they cashes your check already! That's great news. I called yesterday and nothing yet:( I hope we do not get our 3rd rejection..panicking AGAIN!

Where are you from in Russia?

I'm from Serbia:)

I am from Nizhniy Novgorod (used to be Gorky)
We got our NOAs in texts/e-mails, no actual receipts yet :)

Hey everyone,

Firstly, thanks to all of you for the support and advice. You are all invaluable.

So it begins TODAY!! Here's to POSITIVE THINKING!!!

Day 1. April 27th: I-130,I-485,I-131 and I-765 sent by FedEx to CHICAGO DROPBOX
Day 2. April 28th: Delivery confirmation: signed by P.CHYBA
Day 8. May 4th: USCIS confirmation by email/text message
Day 8. May 4th: Cheques cleared
Day 11. May 7th: NOAs received in mail (Notice Date 4th May)
Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics notice received in mail (Appointment date: 6/6/11)
Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics done (WALK-IN)

Day ?. AP Approved
Day ?. AP Received
Day ?. EAD card ordered
Day ?. EAD approved notice sent
Day ?. Interview notice
Day ?. Interview date
Day ?. Green card received

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dman-

HAve you checked if they cashes your check yet since we sent on the same day???

Well i got a rejection because I put the wrong date on the checks. I felt so stupid. But I sent it back and they received it today (April 27th) at 1:00 PM. Will update as soon as my checks go through.

Anyone that filed on or After April 11th recieve a NOA yet?

Nothing for me yet..

I've been calling to check on my cashier's checks and they have not been cashed yet either. :(.... Trying to wait patiently here. I'm panicking too especially since TheRuSSi@N's checks were cashed already and he mailed them on 4/18... :( :(

I've been calling to check on my cashier's checks and they have not been cashed yet either. :(.... Trying to wait patiently here. I'm panicking too especially since TheRuSSi@N's checks were cashed already and he mailed them on 4/18... :( :(

Me too Lizab....I am just trying to understand this all. It's the 3rd time I sent it, first 2 were rejections and it took them 29 days to send a rejection back the first 2 times so basically 2 months wasted on NOTHING:( I emailed them yesterday on the general email address in Nebraska, so let's see if that helped.

@Dman..so sorry..I totally forgot that I read that earlier. It sucks,doesn't it. I feel like I've wasted so much time already:(

Thanks, my neighbor The Russian! I am from Beograd Serbia & my husband is from Novi Sad Serbia...we have so many russian friends in Milwaukee!

Just sending out some positive vibes to everyone here - Hope you're all doing ok, and enjoying this journey. Eyes on the prize guys, eyes on the prize!!

Took me 34 days to get checks cashed, no other problems. So don't panic, they are extremely random in how long different applications take.

SO, I emailed USCIS at the general email address at the Nebraska Service center explaining how this is the 3rd time I sent my I485 to the Chicago Lockbox and told them my whole story. They just emailed me now and said as of 20 minutes ago, we still have not been entered in the system and have no receipt numbers and the guy gave me a direct email to the Chicago Lockbox for inquiries! Just got done emailing them. Figured I'd share it incase anyone else has questions for them. SO here it is guys: Public.engagement@dhs.gov

April filer

Joining everyone in tracking progress! Goodluck to us all!

Day 0: 04/21/2011, I-130,I-485, and I-765 sent via USPS to Chicago Lockbox
Day 4: 04/25/2011, Received email and txt msgs- acceptance
Day 9: 04/30/2011, Receipts received in the mail+ Biometric appt for 5/28
Day ?: Fingerprint done:
Day ?: EAD card ordered:
Day ?: EAD approved notice sent:
Day ?: Interview notice:
Day ?: Interview date:
Day ?: Green card received:

Nice, you are on a roll :) I am still waiting for my Bio appointment...

It was waiting for me at home :)

Walk in was unsuccessful :( They said it was too early as my scheduled appointment is 3 weeks away.
I was really hoping to take care of it early though, as my scheduled date is only 2 days away from my Due Date

Still nothing guys..I even emailed the loxbox support in Chicago on Tuesday morning! Anyone have any updates?

Still nothing guys..I even emailed the loxbox support in Chicago on Tuesday morning! Anyone have any updates?

I just checked and nothing for me either :( I didn't email the Chicago box yet....I thought I would make myself wait the 45 days before I did anything.