April 2011 Filers

Thanks for the encouraging words Noella! My field office (Buffalo, NY) is on schedule (4 months or less). I'm sending a letter to the Chicago lockbox today asking them to crack a whip on the damn lazy employee who is sitting on my packet! (well phrased differently of course) My main concern is having to leave the country on June 5th and not having to abandon my application.

Day33: Talk about irony. I wrote up a letter complaining about my lack of NOAs and mailed it to USCIS via priority mail. 15 minutes later, I get four NOAs via text and email. Here you have it folks, you might get an NOA in 3 days, or it might take 33 days. Depends on which juggling monkey gets a hold of your application. Ridiculous!

@NEO-

Isn'y that just how life works;) Wow:) I'm happy that you got them.
@lizab213- HOpefully we get something soon!

I sent mine on 4/11/2011 too. Still haven't cashed the checks...

Edit: why isn't my signature showing up under my posts?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dman-

I was hoping to get our NOA's today but I didn't..looking at the other timelines...it seems like 10 day is the timeframe,great!

Maybe you didn't save your signature?
Did anyone that sent out paper work on 04/11 get a NOA?

Whaddup April peeps?

April 6th- Sent 130, 131, 485, 765, 864
April 7th - Received (J Chyba)
April 15th - NOA received (texts and email)
April 21st - I 797 received
April 23rd - Biometrics letter received - Scheduled May 10th (Will try to go early)
April 25th - Early biometrics done at Dallas ASC (Whitehurst)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received a rejection notice because our checks were wrong...

I sent a check for $420 for the i-130, and $1070 for the i-485.

We submitted I-485, I-130, I-765 concurrently. What was wrong?

Just received a rejection notice because our checks were wrong...

I sent a check for $420 for the i-130, and $1070 for the i-485.

We submitted I-485, I-130, I-765 concurrently. What was wrong?

We sent the same checks. My husband wrote the one for I-130 and I wrote the one for I-485/I-765.

Here are the requirements for the checks...

Please Note
Personal checks must be pre-printed with the name of the bank and the account holder. Also, the account holder’s address and phone number must be pre-printed, typed or written in ink on the check. All checks must be typed or written in ink.

Write the date you are filling out the check including: day, month and year.
On the "Pay to the Order of" line write: "U.S. Department of Homeland Security."
Write in numbers the exact dollar amount of the fee for the service you are requesting. In the example, the amount is "$595.00."
Spell out the exact dollar amount of the fee for the service you are requesting. The "cents" portion of the amount should be written as a fraction over 100. In this example, the amount is "Five hundred ninety-five and 00/100."
Write a brief description of the purpose of your payment. In this example, it is "N-400 application fee."
Sign the check using your legal signature.

maraL

Are you sure that you used the most recent editions of all the forms you filed? Did you go through all the petitions before you re-submitted?

maraL

Are you sure that you used the most recent editions of all the forms you filed? Did you go through all the petitions before you re-submitted?

Yeah I check that before I sent it out the first time. When I got everything back it was all sorted and stapled, pictures were in ziploc bags and there was a string of numbers printed on the side of EVERY page. So it seems they ordered it how they wanted the papers. Apparently it is assigned to a "desk" and was send back because of the checks, so when I send it back it I put this green letter on the top (which was sent to me), and it says it receives special attention. Then it should go back to the "desk" it was assigned at. So hopefully it doesn't reduce my time to much.

maraL

Yes,we printed the forms directly from the uscis website. This is my 3rd time sending it back to them but we looked everything through over & over and it seemed perfect.
Good Luck on your interview tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how it went!