April 2009, Filers, Post here

I have applied for my wife (Indian Citizen). I am a US Citizen.

I have a quick question- The case number (from what I can read on the back side of the cancelled checks) is MSC092121XXXX. If I am reading this correctly, MSC refers to Missouri Service Center. Is this where my application was supposed to go. Also, some people mentioned that MSC cases are not trackable online (Pls see March 2009 filers thread). Can other forum members sheare their experiences on this. Thanks.

Here is my timeline:

=============================================
District Office: Mount Laurel, NJ
(I-130, I-485, I-325, I-693, I-864, I-765, I-131)
Day 00, 04/27/2009 Mailed applications via USPS Priority Mail
Day 09, 05/05/2009 Checks Cashed.

Hello, how is everyone getting these LUD? In the mail or on the website?
I watch the website everyday and it never says anything except pending and i signed up for an account. Am I looking in the wrong spot? Should i call USCIS and inform them that i have been living with my Moroccan husband in Morocco since January. I think this might make a difference, dont you think?
I hope someone can answer me. Our case is in the California Service Center, or CSC. Is that what everyone is saying theirs has been transfered to? Is this a good sign that mine began there?
I wish everyone the best of luck and im glad we are all here for each other.
Take care, sweetcitywife
Skhirat, Morocco
:)

My case has also been transfered to CSC , sometimes a case will be sent there rather than a local office for processing and in many cases you end up with a GC in the mail one day out of the blue with no interview, and no LUD online. (some cases still end up going to DO's after CSC tho, so don't count on not having an interview until you have GC in hand.) If you have signed up online and linked you case to your account the CRIS system with email each time you case is touched or updated (LUD's).

Hello Everyone,

Is it the right number "1.800.375.5283" to call USCIS to get your application status, as none of my applications(starting with 'MSC') showed up online so far. I tried to call this number(800.375.5283) but all the time it takes me to automated answering, and later says 'Press 9 to get back to main menu or repreat this instructions' and it does'nt give me any options where I can talk to a USCIS person. My questions is, am I calling the wrong number or is there anything i am missing here.

Can anyone who called USCIS earlier, help me in regard. I would appreciate that.

the same situation

Hello Vijay: I'm glad to heard from you again,:) I hope everybody is doing great in this forum.
I had the same situation that you have,but after insisting so many times online. One day, I called 1-800-375-5283, I got in touch with a live rep. first it all: you have to press # 1 for english, then you need press #2, you will put your reciept # then press 2, then press # 1, then it would verified the Receipt #, , and it will ask you: if is correct press #1,if not press #2,, then finally will press # 1 to talk to customer Services, to report a problem with your case, then you will transfer to an Inmigration officer. and pls explain her the situation she will help yu with your case. Your will see that in 3 days after that cal,l you will be able to see your case online. pls let me know how it went ok, and good luck

babepen09, there is no option when using phone checking for live customer services.

Just did FP today... No case status shown online either.

I am in NYC!

Hello Vijay: I'm glad to heard from you again,:) I hope everybody is doing great in this forum.
I had the same situation that you have,but after insisting so many times online. One day, I called 1-800-375-5283, I got in touch with a live rep. first it all: you have to press # 1 for english, then you need press #2, you will put your reciept # then press 2, then press # 1, then it would verified the Receipt #, , and it will ask you: if is correct press #1,if not press #2,, then finally will press # 1 to talk to customer Services, to report a problem with your case, then you will transfer to an Inmigration officer. and pls explain her the situation she will help yu with your case. Your will see that in 3 days after that cal,l you will be able to see your case online. pls let me know how it went ok, and good luck

Thanks Babepen09 for detailed information, I really appreciate that. Till yestarday, automated message use to say 'we could'nt find your case' or somethng like that and then it use to ask me to enter other option or hang up, upon my receipt # entry. But today(I had my FP done yestarday), they are playing my case information upon my receipt # entry. And on top of that, I can see my online status for two(I-485,I-795) of my applications, for remaining(I-130, I-131) I have to talk to customer service.

babepen09, there is no option when using phone checking for live customer services.

Just did FP today... No case status shown online either.

I am in NYC!

Hey nycfeng, you cases may show up in next couple of days(or may be earlier), as you had your FP done today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news. My 765 and 485 show online..

FP done today.....

After observing many cases here, USCIS is definitely speeding up the process comparing to last year's applications.

Up to now, Interview notice should arrive within 1 month after FP.

Otherwise, there is some problems therein.

Fingers crossed.

Today, I did FP at Brooklyn Center.... I donot know where will be the interview location.

hello: Vijay and nycfeng: I'm so happy that finally you guys were able to see your receipt online,:) congratulation! , Is a big relief, I passed through the same path, welcome to the club, now, smile :) problably now what you will experiment now is some LUD in your cases, pls keep tracking, that mean soon we will heard from them soon. pls post it and let mantain positve, it seen like this ppl are working real hard , we have to give credit for that. take care and I'll be here.

Info.

I-130, I-131, I485, I765 - Sent 4/20/2009
I-130, I-131, I485, I765 - Received 4/21/2009
Checks cashed 4/28/2009
NOA - I-130, I-131, I485, I765 4/29/2009
Biometrics Notice 5/1/2009
Biometrics Done 5/5/2009

This is super fast.. Seems that USCIS really sped up...

Checks cashed 4/28/2009
Biometrics Done 5/5/2009

To answer my own question from earlier in the thead...

> I have a quick question- The case number (from what I can read on the back side of
> the cancelled checks) is MSC092121XXXX. If I am reading this correctly, MSC refers
> to Missouri Service Center. Is this where my application was supposed to go.
> Also, some people mentioned that MSC cases are not trackable online

MSC is indeed in Missouri. I am able to track all 4 of my cases (I130, I485, I131, I765) online. I had been using the MSC-XX-XXX-X-XXXX number from the back of my canceled check to track my case. Turns out that the number is not the actual case number. In my case, the actual case number(s) were the next sequence numbers after the number printed by USCIS on the back of my check. When I received my NOA last friday (05/08/2009), I found my actual case numbers.

Here is the latest update on my case:

=============================================
District Office: Mount Laurel, NJ
(I-130, I-485, I-325, I-693, I-864, I-765, I-131)
Day 00, 04/27/2009 Mailed applications via USPS Priority Mail
Day 02, 04/29/2009 Application received by USCIS
Day 09, 05/05/2009 Checks Cashed.
Day 12, 05/08/2009 NOAs received for I130, I485, I131, I765

Hello Everybody, this a latest update on my case, it going smooth and in good track. Today I log in in the USCIS website, and I saw a new LUD in my I-148 application. pls keep post it.

03/31/09 Application sent (I-130, I-485, I-765 )
04/01/09 Day 1- Application recd. (FedEx Air)
04/08/09 Day 8- Got NOA's for all forms filed
04/09/09 Day 9- Checks cashed
04/14/09 Day 14 -Got Biometrics Notification
04/15/09 Day 15 - Cases showed up online
04/20/09 Day 20- LUD, I-130 and I-485, case Transfer from MSC to CSC(to speed up)
04/28/09 Day 28 - Biometrics Appointment (Done)
04/13/09 day 43-LUD I-485 touch today
05/00/09Day______- Got EAD (pending)
00/00/09Day______- Got IL Initial Interview (pending)
00/00/09 Day ______- Interview- (pending)

Hi babepen09,

I tried using your sequence to reach to customer rep, but it is not going to customer rep. Can you validate sequence again if you can please.

My cases are not showing up online...

update on my case so far in signature..

Hello NK48729

I can give you the steps to call USCIS customer Services, but I have learn in here so far is that the more you call the more confuse you get, problaby one agent will tell you one story and the other will said the contrary, and in a way they will confuse you. The good things is that youa recieving your NOA's and that a clear message that you application is in process. The only way you will see you application online, is when you will gofor your fingerprints, right after that you can login and create your account and you will be able to see everything. My suggestion, just have patiences, and faith and I'l;m sure time will fly, and soon you will have your fingerprints done and that how you finnally will see your case in USCIS.

Checks cashed 4/28/2009
Biometrics Done 5/5/2009

fl_mdc, from your id it seems you are in Florida. what is your DO?

I guess that DO would be Miami. But the applications are at the National Benefits Center in Missouri. I don't know if they would get transferred later.

hello FL

Hello FL, Most of the time all the cases, and specially to ajust status through marriage it goes to MSC, they are the one who analyze the cases, review all the documents and see what is missing, in other words they are USCIS Filter ,in this whole Journey, after they checked that everything is ok and there is nothing wrong with your package, and you have your finger prints done and is clear by the FBI, then, they will transfer the case to the DO for an interview, if is necessary and also depending of the case and situation. but when you will recieve your Initial interview letter, that is because most of the time the case is been send to the DO for the final desition. I don't know if this is clear your question.

hello Everybody: How April filers, are doing I haven't heard from you guys,, pls keep posting we need to support each other. and have a wonderful weekend

Hi babepen09,

One of my case(I-130) showed up online today, Is it normal ? and when can i expect rest of the cases to show up online? any idea

Thanks

Sorry for not posting much, didn't have anything going on until today. I have my biometrics appointment today at 3:00 pm at the Application Support Center in downtown Pittsburgh. Luckily I work like 10 minutes from the place and then i'll probably head home since I have the extra hours already made up to take off for this appointment.

So far, none of my cases are online (all have MSC numbers) but i'm going to wait about a week after my Biometrics before I start getting concerned if they're not online yet.

CJ