April 2009, Filers, Post here

babepen09

Registered Users (C)
Hello April Filers, post your information and updated in your case, so we can help each other and we can give support to each other;)

03/31/09 Application sent (I-130, I-485, I-765 )
04/01/09 Day 0- Application recd. (FedEx Air)
04/08/09 Day 8- Got NOA's for all forms filed
04/09/09 Day 7- Checks cashed
04/14/09 Day 14 -Got Biometrics Notification
04/00/09 Day_____- Cases showed up online
04/00/09 Day ____- Biometrics Appointment (Pending
05/00/09Day______- Got EAD (pending)
00/00/09Day______- Got IL Initial Interview (pending)
00/00/09 Day ______- Interview- (pending)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the 3rd topic for April 09... but..

Sent Mine on 4/1 .. nothing yet . No receipt, checks not cashed... nada... ;/

Hello Piotrooch

Hi: I', glad to heard from you guys, tell me Pio, in what way did you send your package? and if you used the right address?, did you submit both th I-130 and I-485?, did you request through FEDEX, did you request what is called " a Proof of deliver, you can track your recieved through their Fed-EX website and will tell you who recieved the package in Chicago, I request that, and I recieved the proof and in a way is very helpful, pls let me know,

Hello Piotrooch

hello: sometimes the USPO, might take longer if you send it in a regular deliver, but did you send it certified, that mean you recieve a confirmation that USCIS, recieved your documents, because many people send those docs, by USPO, but they request a certified mail, but don't worried just wait few days and if you don't recieve anything then go to the post office and fine out what went wrong, but just relax, you be fine, let pray for that.

usps still says that it wasn't delivered yet ... it's been 14 days..
I have a bad feeling that the packet was lost... (ouch)

hello Piotroosh: Sorry to heard that, so did you called the USPS, or went to their office? they shoould repond, because you paid for that, do you have a proof or recieved or that delivered, package?, I would be concern I know what you mean. the worse case scenario would be to do it again, the whole package, do you have copy of all the docs that you send?. before I took any action make sure and confirm with the USPO, what happen with your package, if you have a recieve they should tell you for sure what happen, tell me to wish addrees did you send the package? I hope I can help you with this, pls let me know, ok good luck

welcome

hello Vijay: welcome to our April filers, I wush you the best in this new jorney.
I just recieved my Biometric appointment for april 28.

Houston, TX
04/06/09 Application sent (I-130, I-485, I-765 ) USPS Overnight Certified Mail
04/07/09 Application Received
04/14/09 Checks Cashed
04/16/09 Received NOA's for I-130, I-485, I-765 (Dated 04/13/09)
04/17/09 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
05/12/09 Biometrics Appointment

Hello babepen09, Thanks for your wishes. I wish everyone over here, Good Luck, Fast & Easy processing of their applications.

hello

hello, Vijay: I'm glad to heard from again, well let me tell you one of my friends had the same situation like yours, check cashed but nto reciept, she called the toll free 3 from USCIS, and she talk to a customer rep. and the she trasnfer the case to an Oficcer she checked the case and she requested her a copy of her reciept, she told her that she will try, that she wasn't gonna promise but in a way she beg her and after 4 days she recieved all 3 reciept, ( I-130, I-485, and the work permit), try it, but make sure to take the case Number from the back of your check, and give it to her, then just ask her if she can do that, good luck.

case online

by the way, I forget to tell you, I been trying to create an account online so I can admitt the reciept # to keep a track and it won't let me, By been trying in many way, until yesterday, I call the USCIS and the customer S. rep. told me that she was gonna trasnfer me to Tech Support, I thought it was going to be just a request, until a nice lady answer, and she present herlsef not as a Tech support but as a examinate Officer, and I told her my case, then she ask me for the reciept # and gave her one by one and she checked all the cases, and she told me all were submitt it and they are reviewing the docs and processing, and then I told her that I was glad to heard that, then at the end I asked her again if there was a way to create my profile online and she said: " right now there is a Technical Glidge" in the system and that probably I will never be able to register online, she told me not to worry that I'm not the only person with this sitautation, that many ppl get approved without being regiter, she just said at the end, just wait for any notification in the mail that what really count, and she wish me good luck. At least and even thou I recieved my NOA's I know they are processing my case without being in the system.

Ok.. update for me... checks cashed. case status showed up online.
waiting for receipts to arrive in mail ;-)

April filer (adjustment of status based on marriage to US citizen, currently on a valid H1-B visa)...below is my case status.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

04-02-2009 Mailed applications via FedEx (I-485, I-765, I-130)
04-06-2009 Application delivered to Chicago Lockbox
04-14-2009 Application fee checks cashed
04-16-2009 NOAs received (one for each application), case status showed up online

Can anyone tell me if they included their original I-94 with the I-130/I-485?
Also were there any other originals included?

Never EVER submit ANYTHING original. Everything must be copy. Take original to the interview as officer might like to see it. If you will send original then you can NEVER get back, and then you will never have anything original to show to the officer at the interview even if you will say that you had sent original with the application. Sometimes some documents do get lost during transition within the USCIS, which means no original for the officer to see when case be ready for the adjudication. Also, many times applications do get lost in the mail or in the USCIS, and it means applicants will need to re-submit everything. But in the absence of original, it will be so hard to re-submit everything or verify things during the interview. So never send anything original.

I don't see you and others on here posting the timeline of case along with you guys' location/district office on signature line so that other readers could be benefited with that.

Can anyone tell me if they included their original I-94 with the I-130/I-485?
Also were there any other originals included?

Thanks. I have not filed yet. Thought it would be best to ask the April filers.
Will post the details soon as am planning to dispatch everything next week.

Idlegirl