April 2005 Cases

2005 April I140 approved

A friend of mine filed I140/I485 (EB2, NIW) application in April, his I140 was approved last weeks, they haven't recived thier FP notices yet.

kiwistar said:
A friend of mine filed I140/I485 (EB2, NIW) application in April, his I140 was approved last weeks, they haven't recived thier FP notices yet.

Is your friend's case is a National Interest waiver (NIW) category? I have no clue on how this category is processed or even don't what it means, does any one know?

GC_for_ever said:
Is your friend's case is a National Interest waiver (NIW) category? I have no clue on how this category is processed or even don't what it means, does any one know?
yes, look under FAQ and "EB1 and NIW" for more information, basically it is similar to EB1 (A) with lower bar, no LC(PERM) needed, and no job offer needed. Right now, most applicants have Ph.D.(M.D.) degree and have multiple reference letter and publication. my friend applied for it by himself.

EAD, AP approved. No FP yet, I-140 pending

I 140 - ND 04/13/05 RD 04/11/05
I 485 - ND 04/13/05 RD 04/11/05
EAD - AD 5/24
AP - AD 5/27
FP - no notice yet ?

Does any one know if FP is done before the name check or after the name check ?

Thanks,
GeeeSeee

Pls see my signature

Today they told me they mailed my FP notice on 4/19/05 and I have not received it yet......

EB2 RIR CSC Center Concurrent Filling, Own Labor

I140/I485/EAD/AP RD: 04/14/2005
I140/I485/EAD/AP ND: 04/19/2005

I-485 LUD 04/25/05
I-140 LUD 04/25/05
I-131 LUD 05/31/05, Received on 6/6/05
I-765 LUD 05/19/05, Received on 5/27/05
No FP notice yet

GeeeSeee said:
I 140 - ND 04/13/05 RD 04/11/05
I 485 - ND 04/13/05 RD 04/11/05
EAD - AD 5/24
AP - AD 5/27
FP - no notice yet ?

Does any one know if FP is done before the name check or after the name check ?

Thanks,
GeeeSeee

I think FP and name check are parallel processes....I have seen many cases where FP is done and they are waiting on name check.

Fp

Santosh,
Where did you find out that FP was mailed ? Did your attorney tell you that or did you call 1-800 number ?

Thanks,
GS

I e-mailed CSC and they told me my FP notice was mailed on 4/19/05.....I checked with my attorney today and he also ahs not received the FP notice. Now he is going to call CSC.

I am worried that my FP scheduled date may already have passed....

Regards,

Santosh_30

email address

Hi Santosh,

Would you mind posting the email address and the format you used in the email as a reference for others? Thanks.

email address for csc

santosh_30 said:
I e-mailed CSC and they told me my FP notice was mailed on 4/19/05.....I checked with my attorney today and he also ahs not received the FP notice. Now he is going to call CSC.

I am worried that my FP scheduled date may already have passed....

Regards,

Santosh_30

Santosh,
Can you also post the email address. I did not find any email address for CSC on the internet.

Thanks,
GS

For everyone.....

Their e-mail address is .....CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov

Dear Sir/Madam:

My I-485, Application to Adjust to Permanent Resident Status, was filed on 04/14/2005 (Receipt Notice Date).

However, I have still not received a fingerprint notice and the last update date for my I-485 is 04/25/2005.

I would really appreciate it if you could let me know when I will receive my fingerprint notice or if the delay is due to a specific reason. Please let me know if you need any additional information regarding my application.

My I485 details are shown below:

Applicant First Name:
Applicant Middle name:
Applicant Last Name:
Applicant I485 Receipt #: WAC0514xxxxx
Applicant e-mail address:
Applicant Date of Birth:
Applicant Work Phone Number:

Thanking you in anticipation

With warmest regards,

Priority Date Jargon

People,
Please start posting your priority date too with your posts.
Turns out that when I-485 will be ready to be processed in Oct, they are likely to be pulled out for approval based on priority dates. So far, it was only a minor issue.

I love my priority date, hopefully they will pre-process name check and other formalities by Oct.

>>> Turns out that when I-485 will be ready to be processed in Oct, they are likely to be pulled out for approval based on priority dates.

How do you know that ?

gimme_green said:
>>> Turns out that when I-485 will be ready to be processed in Oct, they are likely to be pulled out for approval based on priority dates.

How do you know that ?
because 485 are always processed based on priority date and 140 are processed based on RD(FIFO)

didn't know that I-485 is processed based on PD. So does it mean that if someone is using a sub labor and he has a PD of 2000 april ... and so when he files on june 20th 2005 .. his application will be processed before say someone whos using his own labor with PD april 2002 and had filed on april 20th 2005 ?

There is conflicting view about priority date for substituted cases. Some think its Received date of 485 others think it PD of original labor itself. There are mixed opinions on this.
But for original labor cases, 485 is processed based on priority date of application

gimme_green said:
didn't know that I-485 is processed based on PD. So does it mean that if someone is using a sub labor and he has a PD of 2000 april ... and so when he files on june 20th 2005 .. his application will be processed before say someone whos using his own labor with PD april 2002 and had filed on april 20th 2005 ?