April 2004 - Visa Revalidation Tracker

immidude74

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Let us start the April 2004 - Visa Revalidation Tracker.

Name--------------SL Recv---------DC Recv--------PP Recv
Immidude74------04/08/2004----------------------Pending

Guys please update the info(Visa Revalidation sent during April 2004 only)

Thanks,
Immidude74

gail-----------------04/02/2004...........................Pending

LaborApproved---04/06/2004---------------------Pending

Updated List !!

Guys please update the info(Visa Revalidation sent during April 2004 only)

Thanks,
Immidude74

Hi
I have added my information to the trackers list.
Thanks

dude123-----------04/12/2004---------------------Pending

Hi

I have added my info.

gcperson-----------04/12/2004---------------------Pending

Thanks

Hello All

I am planning to send H1 reval in St. Louis. As I am completely new to process I have few questions that I beleive I can get answers here. I have read the instructions on DOS website.

1) Can we send photocopy of H1-B approval notice instead of original . Has anyone done that and got the PP stamped.

2) I dont exactly know what service to use in FedEx to send the PP. Like what envelopes to use and how to include envelopes for returns by DOS. Please advise if there is any specific FedEx service we have to use for sending and receiving the PP. As you PP is the most imp doc for us here so I want to be sure that its safely sent and received.

3) Is there a # we can call , just to confirm that they have received it after we send it.

Hi Guys,

If the Fedex mail is received at St Louis, is that date considered as the date received by St Louis?

Also how do we find out the received date at D.C?

Pls advise.

Hi prameshsh,
The date on which St. Louis receives is SL date.

Unfortunately u can't get to know ur DC date at this time, you will have to wait atleast 10-12 weeks after SL date.

Hope that answers ur questions.

Thanks,
Immidude74

Originally posted by prameshsh
Hi Guys,

If the Fedex mail is received at St Louis, is that date considered as the date received by St Louis?

Also how do we find out the received date at D.C?

Pls advise.

Originally posted by discforum1
Hello All

I am planning to send H1 reval in St. Louis. As I am completely new to process I have few questions that I beleive I can get answers here. I have read the instructions on DOS website.

1) Can we send photocopy of H1-B approval notice instead of original . Has anyone done that and got the PP stamped.

2) I dont exactly know what service to use in FedEx to send the PP. Like what envelopes to use and how to include envelopes for returns by DOS. Please advise if there is any specific FedEx service we have to use for sending and receiving the PP. As you PP is the most imp doc for us here so I want to be sure that its safely sent and received.

3) Is there a # we can call , just to confirm that they have received it after we send it.

I also do want to know the answers. Rightnow i am in the process of sending PP to St. Louis

Adding information to the list...

Hello everyone, I'm updating the list...

falconiano----------04/14/2004---------------------Pending

Thanks,

updated list.

Here's the list with my updates. time to snooze again .. ;)

=======================================
gail------------------04/02/2004---------------------Pending
Immidude74-------04/08/2004---------------------Pending
adibazz-------------04/16/2004---------------------Pending

Hello All

1. DOS website instruction says you can send photocopy of H1B approval notice. If you want to get others experience then I would suggest to check past months' trackers.

2. Just use regular next day delivery or second day delivery with return envalope & airbill inserted into it.

3. There is no contact # at St. Louis for confirmation to my knowledge. Just track it on fedex website & get satisfied that it's delivered. No other way for a month or so till it reaches to DC, where you can get some info. Till then go to snooze mode. Relax we all are in the same boat .. :)

Hi all

I am planning to send for revalidation and wanted to find out if it gets lost during revalidation , how can we track it.

When you apply for new PP in Indian consulate(NY) after we lose our PP, do we get a duplicate PP or do we get new original PP.

Is it written on the PP that it is a duplicate PP or its just valid for short period of time and looks like original PP.

I am asking this is because I got my single entry canada PR stamp in PP and now planning to send my H1 reval to St Louis.
So for me to get a new stamp again for my canada PR I will need original PP as they will not issue me on Duplicate PP

So if it gets lost then I will lose my canada PR stamp along with H1 stamp. And looking at the all the cases I am now intimidated to send it to St Louis for stamping.

I am planning to send for revalidation and wanted to find out if it gets lost during revalidation, how can we track it.
------- You have the FedEx receipt and it has# on it
When you apply for new PP in Indian consulate (NY) after we lose our PP,
---- If you loose PP then you will get new PP after 45 days, but if you have copies of lost passport then they may issue you NEW PP in short time because they can verify with issuing office in India easily. NY passport officer is Santosh Jha you can directly meet him with appointment he is helpful person.
do we get a duplicate PP or do we get new original PP.
---NEW PP with new PP #
Is it written on the PP that it is a duplicate PP or its just valid for short period of time and looks like original PP.
----- it will be valid for 10 years and will have a stamp on one page” bearer had previous passport# XYZ and lost
I am asking this is because I got my single entry Canada PR stamp in PP and now planning to send my H1 reval to St Louis.
------ Why you have fear that you will loose PP? Send it by FedEx and get the receipt, you also send prepaid FedEx envelope for return of passport and on the envelope for return write FROM: your name, your address , TO, your name, your address and PHONE#
** Use the credit card for payment to FedEx and credit card must be valid for 5-6 months.

So for me to get a new stamp again for my Canada PR I will need original PP as they will not issue me on Duplicate PP
--------- they will issue on new PP, not a problem, even if they don’t stamp Canada PR visa not a problem, Canada immigration is big scam, they don’t have any jobs and ask for master degrees, only labor jobs in factory for 5-6 $ per hour. When you land in Canada you will know the reality.
So if it gets lost then I will lose my Canada PR stamp along with H1 stamp. And looking at the all the cases I am now intimidated to send it to St Louis for stamping.

Re: updated list.

Originally posted by adibazz
Here's the list with my updates. time to snooze again .. ;)

Updated List

simran--------------04/23/2004---------------------Pending

ok

this is what I heard from INdian consulate in NY . They told me that if we lost PP then they only issue a duplicate PP and NOT an ORIGINAL PP which is valid for short period of time. So IT is NOT original.

Can you tell me what exactly we have to tell the consulate if PP is lost so that they issue us original PP and not duplicate PP. From what I have heard some people say they issue duplicate some say they issue original.

ok

this is what I heard from INdian consulate in NY . They told me that if we lost PP then they only issue a duplicate PP and NOT an ORIGINAL PP which is valid for short period of time. So IT is NOT original.

Can you tell me what exactly we have to tell the consulate if PP is lost so that they issue us original PP and not duplicate PP. From what I have heard some people say they issue duplicate some say they issue original.
----------
Go to Indian embassy site or Indian consulate New York website and read what has to be done if passport is lost. FYI you are posting in wrong thread this thread is NOT for those who lost passport or going to loose passport. This thread is related to Visa revalidation and tracking the dates when one send PP for stamping and what is the status of others who sent PP for revalidation of Visa stamp.

Updated List

simran--------------04/23/2004---------------------Pending
orazone------------04/23/2004---------------------Pending