April 2003

That's right, stuck in name check.

Even those who did the FP before, they are also stuck. Check my FP details below.
Response to enquiry says Status of my case (Primary Applicant) as PENDING and my wife's case as "Security check... Delayed...". I don't know if security check for my application is completed or not. If completed, I believe it is stuck because of my wife's application.

ND: 04/02/03
FP1: 05/15/03
FP2: 09/10/04

nycindia said:
They told you to wait 2-3 weeks for response by letter?
If yes then they response or not ?
what was response ?

Rsponse from CIS

"The processing of your application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this Service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in the delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications. As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks I a timely manner, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We can give no definite indication on when they will be completed. "

:mad:

Stuck in Security Check

I too got a response over phone from VSC that waiting for Security check. Had FP1 on Oct 7,2004. Seems April filers waiting for FBI clearance.

winny1971 said:
I too got a response over phone from VSC that waiting for Security check. Had FP1 on Oct 7,2004. Seems April filers waiting for FBI clearance.
How did you get the person over the phone tell you whether the name check is done? The last time I tried I was told they cannot tell that. But that was in 2004. Things might have changed now. :D

winny1971 said:

Did they told you it has been send to FBI if so when ??

Stuck with FBI

I talked to a VSC rep and he told me that in August 2004 my case was sent to FBI for name check. Nothing has happened since. Just waiting and hoping. :( :(

2nd FP done

Hi Guys
My FP2 was done on 01/14 and no updates since then. :confused:
I think there is curse for April 2003..

Hello all ... reading all the stuff I found my self onboard the same ship u guys are on.... my I-485 RD is 7th March 2003... have done an inquiry my self on Nov 8th and LUD changed to 11-11-2004 with the status message saying that we have responded to ur request... etc. I never got a any thing in mail so made another inquiry on 1-7-05 and am still waiting for the update on it. My Lawyer says that USCIS has not touched the feb march and april 2003 batch ... God knows for what reasons... but says that transfers and approvals will soon start, start of feb 2005... I am dont know if thats just a prediction or based on some fact. I hope and pray that our cases are the next to be processed.

Goood luck to all of you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

EAC 03133***** VSC concurrent EB3 RIR, Two EAD's & AP's & FP's.
AD still pending :( :( :confused: :mad:

There is no theory

serendip said:
A theory: Based on some recent posts by 1 Apr 2003 filers, it appears that the name check is complete only for those who received an early FP notice. I think the name check has not been completed for filers who received a late first FP notice (after Aug 2004), and hence the delay in their approval.

485 RD April 10, 2003
FP1 June 2003
FP2 Sep 2004
Inquiry Response in Dec 2004: Name check pending
Sent Email to FBI in Nov 30 2004, no response.

I Don't know what to do now. It will be appreciated if you guys can give me some hint.

Chandler

Updated statistics

Here are the updated statistics (as of 21 Jan 2005) for I485 applications with ND 1 Apr 2003. The changes from my previous scan on 4 Jan 2005 are indicated within paranthesis.

Initial message: 78 (-3)
Finger print received: 68 (-2)
Responded to applicant request: 18 (+1)
Outstanding RFE requests: 10 (-2)
RFE responses: 11 (+1)
Reopened: 3 (+2)
Transferred: 89 (+1)
Misc: 3 (+0)
Approved: 4 (+2)
Card: 6 (+0)

Both new approvals were on Jan 6, 2005.

Response to name check request

Received email from FBI saying
Name check was done in May 8, 2004

JJ

lucky April filers...

I see atleast there are some lucky April filers whose name check has got cleared. In my case USCIS request is not with FBI, and contacting both agencies is reminding me the bureacratic hell. What's the next move and when by USCIS is a big mystery??????

rajudm said:
I see atleast there are some lucky April filers whose name check has got cleared. In my case USCIS request is not with FBI, and contacting both agencies is reminding me the bureacratic hell. What's the next move and when by USCIS is a big mystery??????

Rajudm I am in the same situation as you are. On August 12 2004 USCIS says that it sent a name check request to FBI. But I got an email response from FBI that they don't have a name check request from USCIS on record.

What did you do about it?