* April 2003 Tracker *

Status
Not open for further replies.
how long it takes for BCIS to issue I-485 filing receipt?

i want to find out how long it takes before bcis issues a receipt for i-485 filing these days. thanks.

also, every one posts their progress here using ND, RD and xxx etc. Would you pls explain what ALL these abbrevations stand for?

Thanks.

yfehgh

Another April 03

I have got I-140 approved before filing for I-485. Just discovered this forum less than two weeks ago. After reading many threads, I decided to call FBI for finger print result and name check, FBI said they are all cleared (me and my wife) after a week of finger print taken in May 03. I have seen people get approved around the time of FP expiration. Hope to be in the same boat of these people too (just hope :) )

when do you receive finger print notice?

when you file I-485 petition, how long does it take to receive notice for the finger print appointment?

LUD on I 485 changed to 8/5/2004

I was a silent observer on this forum after my I-140 approval. As the processing times are moving faster I came to participate actively. Thanks to every one for their valuable contributions.

Recently my LUD on 485 receipt notice observed to be 8/5/2004. I know this is due to USCIS internal processing. what could be the process done at this time on this case?

485 ND ---------------> April 22 2003
I-140 Approved -------> July 21 th 2003 (week After RFE Answered)
FP1-------------------> Feb 11 th 2004
EAD2 AD -------------> July 15 2004
AP 2 AD--------------> July 15 th 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
After my FP (which was on Aug 5th), the LUDs changed on 8/13/2004 (Msg changed to "FP results were received and the process has been resumed..") from 11/24/2003 and again changed from 8/13 to 8/16 to 8/17 to 8/18. Nothing there after. :rolleyes:

cadcam

it could be they requested IBIS name check or FBI name check. I am with you on that ..let us monitor. My last 485 LUD was on 07/08/04 a day after they approved I140. My guess is that we should our approvals before end of this year.

Thanks Rajudm

rajudm said:
it could be they requested IBIS name check or FBI name check. I am with you on that ..let us monitor. My last 485 LUD was on 07/08/04 a day after they approved I140. My guess is that we should our approvals before end of this year.

Thanks Raju, I will also closely monitor my LUD & let you and others know on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
April 2003 Approved

My 485 got approved on August 19th. Just collected the Approval notice from my attorney.

Good luck.. Your approval is on the way...

Thanks
KRPI
I-485 ND: 04/07/03(concurrent filing)
AD: 08/19/04

Congratulations

KRPI said:
My 485 got approved on August 19th. Just collected the Approval notice from my attorney.

Good luck.. Your approval is on the way...

Thanks
KRPI
I-485 ND: 04/07/03(concurrent filing)
AD: 08/19/04

Congratulations KRPI. This is the good news for this forum. please post your last updated dates. Just curious to know how many times it got changed before you got approval

My LUD hasn't changed..

Guys,
My LUD hasn't changed at all and my ND is: 04/07/2003. Any idea why this is the case? I see that the LUD for most people around my ND has changed. Getting worried...

Also, I haven't received my 2nd finger printing notice? I'm assuming 2 things have to happen before I receive my approval - I should get my finger printing notice and the LUD should have changed? Is my assumption correct?

Thanks!

abouttime...

When was your first FP? count 15 months from there for the expiry date. You should see your approval before that date or an issue of FP2 notice.

I am wondering is it a bad thing or good to have got the finger print notice later than you guys...ours was in Feb 2004. Still USCIS hasn't requested FBI name check. that will be the killer.....who knows they may decide to approve without FBI name check since AP/EAD are already issued for the 2nd time.

Hoping for the best.

Thanks, Rajudm!

I can't remember the notice date exactly but if you asking when I went to get my 1st finger printing done at the BCIS office, it was May 29, 2003. So, should I count 15 months from then?

Also, I don't quite understand your 2nd paragraph, FBI name check (when that happens) and all that. Could you please clarify?

Thanks!

FBI name check...

I am also not sure when FBI name check gets initiated. sometimes it is when AP or EAD is approved or first time finger print or it could be several months after first finger print.

In my case USCIS has not requested name check from FBI so far. I got the response from FBI name check department that there is no request from USCIS is pending. It is 6 months after my finger print. May be another 2 months wait before the request is made. If all goes well probably the name check result comes back within a week or two. But if there is some sort of hit with database there is considerable time lag.....some people are still waiting for name check clearance from Jan/Feb 2003.

1. I don't believe there is a separate application for the FBI name check that you are talking about. Given that, how do you track this? Will USCIS send us something in that regard and what connection does this have to the actual approval (or the final approval date)?

2. Also, I just called USCIS and she mentioned that it is not required that they send the 2nd finger print approintment notice and that may not necessarily be a requirement before AOS is approved. Is this true?

Thanks!

I485 Security checks

There are several steps USCIS does for security clearance before AOS is approved. Also some cases have got approved without that (only USCIS knows why they did ).

1) IBIS name check done by USCIS which was valid for 35 days only, but now it has been increased to 90 days validity.

2) FBI name check request is made by USCIS. Without this AOS won't get approved according to DHS.

These two steps are transparent to I1485 applicant, and we can say it is the black box which is causing lot of backlogs.

One way for you to see where you stand with security clearance is to request FBI Name check department for update by faxing them all your details. A sample copy of the letter is available on the forum. You would get a response from their department in about 4 to 5 weeks. I got a response saying that there was no existing record of USCIS request for name check.

You need to wake them up by applying for EAD/AP for triggering 2nd FP or name check requests etc., Your 1st FP expires on August 29th if you have done on May 29th. So 2nd FP will follow shortly or if someone has already picked up the file for processing....an approval soon.

I got my 2nd finger print appointment notice but the LUD hasn't been updated yet. Shouldn't it change?

abouttime said:
I got my 2nd finger print appointment notice but the LUD hasn't been updated yet. Shouldn't it change?

Hi
I received 2 ND FP notice for me and my Wife scheduled on 9/21/2004. (@ Alexandria Virginia office)
2ND fp NOTICE DATE 8/25

NO LUD CHANGE

I see people posting saying that they received FP and no LUD changed.....

So Dont worry :)

thanks, skotha! I've my appointment at the same place on the same date as well! so, hope to see you there.

Getting the second finger print notice - does this mean anything with regards to getting the final approval? are we getting close?

Status
Not open for further replies.