APRIL 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 12/27/2001)

AVM Changed again after approval message`

After approval AVM changed "This case has been approved on Dec 26th.."

It changed again today "On Dec 29th the results of your fingerprint
review ..."

Its a quite disappointment for me. I guess I have to wait a little
more.

sangli "Year End INS Bummer" 12/31/01 7:34pm

Message changed for me as well

The new message says something like, "On December 26th, 2001 the results of your finger print review were received and processing has resumed on this case..."

A positive message :)

AVM problem ?

RD 04/23 ND 06/18 FP sch/done 11/28 WAC-01-214-xxxxx

My wife\'s AVM was updated on Dec 6th to "FP received..under review" and for me the AVM was never updated after FP.

But today for both of us AVM changed to "

On Dec 29th 2001 the results of your fingerprint review for
           your I-485 application to adjust to PR status were received
           and processing has been resumed on your case. We will mail
           you a notice if further action is needed or a decision has
           been made "

Looks like AVM problem or INS have updated all the pending cases ( who have done FP for 485 ) to the above message.

Thanks

- mrafi

Not only the AVM problem.

I just talked to IIO, and found that their system also says that my FP was received on 29th. But I got the information that the case is not assigned to an officer, which might happen in three weeks.

mrafi

Congrets.

Can you check the AVM message for your case. Is it still approved
or something else.

-Sangli

mrafi, i have the same problem..

I had sent you a private message describing that. But I haven\'t checked my status in AVM after Dec 28th or so. I will check it tonight. Thanks

No Title

J2ee,

Self and mywife did our FP on Nov 28th. On Dec 8th my wife\'s AVM was updated as " On Dec 6th FP received ..under review." But my AVM was not updated with FP status until last week. When I called IIO couple of week ago, the reply sounds like INS is waiting for some pending reports.When I called FBI, they said that my papers were done and forwarded to INS. Both FBI and INS have not given any words about quality of FP or the status of FP.

I checked the AVM today and received the "DEC 29..." for both myself and mywife. I talked to IIO also today, checked my case status. IIO replied the same as what AVM said. She replied "looks like you have to wait three more week for that to happen" when I asked "Is my case assigned to an officer ?"

It will be good if you check your AVM as soon as possible and update us,

mrafi

Anybody still waiting for FP notice???? !!!!

Does anybody out there still waiting for FP notice. Unfortunately we are still waiting for this FP notice!!! Our ND is April, 09, 2001. Something is wrong with our case?

Frank

New passport application while 485 processing

I am planning to apply for new passport at our consulate, since my current passport expires soon. As per our consulate procedures, since there is no renewal for my passport due to its age , they will just stamp my current passport as "cancelled " and issue a new passport with new number.

As my 485 PR processing is in the final stage ,I have the following question for you.

1. Does my new passport application affect my 485 processing ?
2. I have H1B visa stamped in my current passport which is valid till end of this year.
    Do I have to get another H1 stamp for my new passport ? Do we need to concern anything for travelling ?
3. Do we need to inform INS about my new passport ?

Thanks

mrafi

passport stamp

my daughters passport was expiring so we applied for a new passport

The consulate sent us back the old passport with the new one because the old one contains valid H4 visa

Hence this should not create a problem when the GC has to be stamped

On Old passport they write the new passport number and even on new passport they write the previous passport number

so u r covered

Finally my wife received the FP notice

I received mine on 11/17, scheduled on 12/11 did it early on 11/23.
My wife received the FP notice on 12/31 scheduled on 1/23 did
early in sanjose ASC on 1/2. But AVM still says same old
975 days .... for both of our cases. Did anybody had similar
experince with AVM. niwang did you receive your FP notice.

was in same situation

For myself and my wife both RD 04/23 ND 06/18 and FP scheduled/done on 11/28

But on Dec 08, I heard my wife\'s AVM says " FP received on Dec 06 and under review"
And as of yesterday for me the AVM said "900 days " stuf.

But suddently from yesterday the AVM says for both myself and for my wife as " on Dec 29 FP received, progress resumed...." (Please refer my previous posts )

So, I was in your situation for almost a month. And I still cannot explain about the new AVM message.

mrafi

AVM changed for myself and for wife too

As it says for others that on "Dec. 29th blah, blah....". Lets see when we\'ll get approval.

AVM Changed

I did fp on 11/17. Earlier it said, On Nov.28 the results of ur FP....... Now the exact same message with On Dec.29, just like so many people have it. The date changed from Nov.28 to Dec 29, but remaining part of message is the same.

Reg New AVM Msg.

I remember a month ago one person posted the same thing that his massage is changed like this New AVM msg. If any one knows whether he got approved, if so we can get more info like how long will it take to get approval or is it going to change again etc.

there are two kind of AVM messages after FP.

As of my knowledge, there are two kind of AVM messages after FP.

First one is , "On XXX FP received and under review "

Second one is " On xxx FP received and process resumed..will notify tyou...."

For me I have not get updated for more than a month after FP and suddenly yesterday I was switched to #2

In my wife\'s case She got #1 message on Dec 8 and it was switched to #2 by yesterday.

Any body ? Any idea ?

- mrafi

No Title

EB2 India
   PD 01/00
   RD 4/19/01
   ND 6/04/01
   WAC 01-202
   AP 7/10
   EAD 9/20
   FP 10/16

I still have\'nt gotten approval yet !! The AVM says "FP Approved on Dec 29, your case is now resumed .. "

ANy comments ??

same old 975 blah blah blah

My AVM message did not change, but then it did not change for my FP either. So, I assume this new AVM change is only for those whose FP were scheduled by new system.