Approximatly how may days it takes to get an EAD nowadays?

EAD got approved in 11 days - Vermont Center

I think dahlia is right. I sent my EAD renewal application for myself and my wife to Vermont on 01-05-2005 as my lawyer told me that Chicago address is for Family based applicants only. My wife got approved on 01-16-2005 and my application got approved on 01-19-2005. We got our EAD cards on 01-25-2004.

So I would say please clarify from your lawyer before sending the application out to Chicago for employment based EADs.

Cheers!
GeCe

Guys,

What happens if we don't read the PDF form correctly. Naturally, you interpret something else and also inform others incorrectly.

So, don't be confused.

Effective Dec 1, 2004, if you are living in soooo....states, and filing a c(9), family based application, they have to send it to Chicago.

For employment based, you have to send it to the Service Center where your 485 has been filed.

To add to what I said earlier,

If you are employment based c(9) 485 pending and sending it to Chicago, you are adding one more layer, ultimately it will go to the Service Center where your 485 is pending. So, why waste time, send it directly to the Service Center.

Want GC Soon said:
Durai,
You need to send it to Chicago no matter what. I have seen lot of cases being sent back to your home address if you are sending it back to Vermont after Dec 31st, 2004.

Just send it to Chicago address and I applied late Dec and still waiting. Once you send it to Chicago, then that service center will send you a receipt notice, where you need to schedule an appt with local ASC take your fingerprinting and then wait.

I have been waiting for 45 days so far, but no EAD yet and that too its my renewal. Dont get carried away by anyone to send to Vermont. Send it to Chicago ONLY.

Good Luck

I moved from East cost to West, so I sent to VSC and I am wondering till today they didn't cash my check, I will wait for a few more days and see what happen.

Today I couriered all documents for EAD filing to USCIS, VT.
Two seperate files in same FedEx envelop:
My File with these documents:
1. Application Fee $175 (Check)
2. Two photograph(Facing camera)
3. Form I-765
4. EAD Copy (Front & Back)
5. Pending I-485 Receipt Copy
6. Approved I-140 Copy
7. I-94 Copy
8. Drivers License Copy(Color)
9. Passport First Page Copy (Color)
My Wife's file with these documents:
2. Two photograph (Facing camera)
3. Form I-765
6. Approved I-140 Copy
7. I-94 Copy
8. Drivers License Copy (Color)
10. Marriage Certificate

ChinnaKmm said:
3. Form I-765
6. Approved I-140 Copy
7. I-94 Copy
3. Form I-765
6. Approved I-140 Copy
7. I-94 Copy
10. Marriage Certificate

For people who dont believe me what I am saying to file EAD/AP applications in Chicago. Here is the link..

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/LockBox11_23_04.pdf

Hope this helps!

send it too early ...loose months! careful...

Just send it 100 days before the previous one expires. In that situation worse that can happen is loosing about 60 to 70 days. In our case, lost 5 months, and now in the process of rectifying it.

commander said:
Please read carefully, it says-

"forms include:
Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Family Based Adjustments Only);"

That is only for Family based 485. EAD and AP are not for family based. I received a document for the local INS which was given to me by an immigration officer that it needs to be sent only to Chicago..

Want GC Soon said:
For people who dont believe me what I am saying to file EAD/AP applications in Chicago. Here is the link..

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/LockBox11_23_04.pdf

Hope this helps!
Please, note one more point. It says --
"should mail their forms directly to the Chicago Lockbox instead of submitting them to their District Office."

That means, this new address is for the applications, which were sent to district offices. For EB cases, EADs were never sent to district offices.

ChinnaKMM,
You mentioned that you have sent front facing photographs, while the latest form mentions that photograph "SHOULD SHOW THREE-QUARTER FRONT PROFILE OF RIGHT SIDE OF YOUR FACE, WITH YOUR RIGHT EAR VISIBLE"
Where can I find the reference for the photograph?

ChinnaKmm said:
3. Form I-765
6. Approved I-140 Copy
7. I-94 Copy
3. Form I-765
6. Approved I-140 Copy
7. I-94 Copy
10. Marriage Certificate

Photograph requirements

commander said:
ChinnaKMM,
You mentioned that you have sent front facing photographs, while the latest form mentions that photograph "SHOULD SHOW THREE-QUARTER FRONT PROFILE OF RIGHT SIDE OF YOUR FACE, WITH YOUR RIGHT EAR VISIBLE"
Where can I find the reference for the photograph?

Check this out for reference...
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-photo_photo.htm

"On August 2, 2004, USCIS announced a change in photograph requirements for all applicants from a three-quarter face position to a standard, full frontal face position. USCIS will accept both three-quarter and full color frontal photographs until September 1, 2004, after which only full frontal color will be accepted."

Thanks Bal_Thackeray.
Seems they have not changed instructions on the Form.
The reason I had doubt was, that they have included instruction effective 01 Dec 2004 (regarding new filing address), and therefore I would presume that this revision would include any thing effective September 1, 2004 too(Related to photograph).

Here is the update:

c9 - Pending employee based applications for EAD - Should send your corresponding service center.

pictures should be same as passport style. (FRONT FACE) .. in some docuemnt it specifies the three quater because.. these documents are yet to be updated.

it takes 3 days get reach there to VT. so plan accordingly.

I wish all of your GC approves before your EADs.

kind regards