Approximatly how may days it takes to get an EAD nowadays?

dashDurai

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

I am applying for an EAD to my wife. Any idea how many it takes nowadays?

any tips in getting it quick?!?!

People who got their EADs approved recently, please post the timeline.

My wife got her EAD renewed in 2 weeks!!!

My wife got her EAD renewed in 2 weeks!!!

Are you renewing or is it a new application??

I think you should get it in 2-3 weeks

If all your documents are in order you should get it in 2-3 weeks too...

Good Luck!!!

one month - start to end

my EAD renewal took about 4weeks. Awaiting AP approval since Nov.

Can I know, where did you guys sent EAD application file to Vermont or Chicago address?

Do I need to send Color copy of Driver License and Passport copy?

Input from any one who recently got approval is greatly appreciated.

My and my wife's EAD and AP were sent in early Dec, 2004. Now two months passed, still no approval. Very worried. Need AP urgently.

Got RFE's for all the applications (requiring non-digital photos and passport copy). Replied two weeks ago. LUD three times then nothing happened.

Did not send driver's license copy.

ChinnaKmm said:
Can I know, where did you guys sent EAD application file to Vermont or Chicago address?

I did not send driver's license copy...I sent the following documents.

1) I-765 form
2) Check in the amount of $175 made payable to “US Citizenship and Immigration Services”.
3) Copy of previous EAD card.
4) Copy of receipt notice of form I-485.
5) Copy of I-94
6) Copy of Passport
7) Two photographs (front faced)

Vermont

ChinnaKmm said:

Sent to Vermont

US Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center,
75 Lower Welden Street,
St. Albans, VT 05479

ChinnaKmm said:

It appears on I-765. Read that form carefully. There are state names mentioned and if you are in those states then you need to send to Chicago.

You may. However copy of 485 and color copy of current EAD - you must send. My HR do send passport and color copy of drivers license.It is not going to hurt if address and name on DL matches with your current address.

dashDurai said:
Guys:

even if it takes 1 day, if you are working on EAD you must file it before 100 -150 days of expiration date so that you can timely respond to an RFE or can get iEAD.

dashDurai said:
Guys:

any tips in getting it quick?!?!

People who got their EADs approved recently, please post the timeline.

Durai,
You need to send it to Chicago no matter what. I have seen lot of cases being sent back to your home address if you are sending it back to Vermont after Dec 31st, 2004.

Just send it to Chicago address and I applied late Dec and still waiting. Once you send it to Chicago, then that service center will send you a receipt notice, where you need to schedule an appt with local ASC take your fingerprinting and then wait.

I have been waiting for 45 days so far, but no EAD yet and that too its my renewal. Dont get carried away by anyone to send to Vermont. Send it to Chicago ONLY.

Good Luck

Vermont or Chicago ????

Want GC Soon said:
Durai,
You need to send it to Chicago no matter what. I have seen lot of cases being sent back to your home address if you are sending it back to Vermont after Dec 31st, 2004.

Dont get carried away by anyone to send to Vermont. Send it to Chicago ONLY.
Good Luck

I think this might be the most current info which I am unaware of. We had sent it to Vermont on Dec 2,2004. May be things changed after Dec 31st as suggested by "WantGCSoon"

I applied for EAD/AP renewal for me and my wife in Jan. 2005 to Vermont office, not Chicago office. My lawyer told me that Chicago address is for Family based applicants only.

I got my 485 approved on Jan. 14th, so EAD/AP they didn't approve.

For my wife, EAD got approved in 11 days and AP in 14 days

Pls see signature.

dahlia said:
I applied for EAD/AP renewal for me and my wife in Jan. 2005 to Vermont office, not Chicago office. My lawyer told me that Chicago address is for Family based applicants only.

I got my 485 approved on Jan. 14th, so EAD/AP they didn't approve.

For my wife, EAD got approved in 11 days and AP in 14 days

Pls see signature.

To correct your statement. I do have the PDF document that clearly shows irrespective of any case for EAD/AP you need to file only at CHICAGO.

You can file 485 for family based applications and this is applicable to 485 ONLY and not to EAD/AP.

Thanks

Want GC Soon said:
To correct your statement. I do have the PDF document that clearly shows irrespective of any case for EAD/AP you need to file only at CHICAGO. Thanks
i have downloaded I-765 just two days back..it says EFFECTIVE DEC 1 2004..if you are talking about the same PDF then it lists out # of states..and for those states you need to send to Chicago office..

FYI if you are in MARYLAND -- send this to VERMONT

MD_Rockville said:
i have downloaded I-765 just two days back..it says EFFECTIVE DEC 1 2004..if you are talking about the same PDF then it lists out # of states..and for those states you need to send to Chicago office..

FYI if you are in MARYLAND -- send this to VERMONT

Your are right MD Rockville. First phase has covered most states under most of us fall. Second Phase probably functions from April 2005 and they are mostly west coast states.

I am in NJ and send it to Vermont as per my lawyer. Also I did paper filing as opposed to E-filing. Seems Paper filing is faster.... and also we don't have to goto local USCIS office for FP and all.

Last edited by a moderator: