Approved

Hismercy

Registered Users (C)
Last evening, I logged in to read my emails and there was just one email waiting and it was from USCIS. Typically I receive the system generated emails from changing my case status password, and I knew I hadn't made any PW changes lately. By process of elimination, my next thought was it would be an RFI. From what I read on this forum the methodology seems to be Fingerprint, this year - RFI, next year - RFE, next year, then additional bionmetrics and eventually approval. And since my first and only biometrics - code 3- occurred in May 05, I thought this was most likely an RFI/RFE and it was earlier than I expected.

Other than the receipt Notice in Aug 2000 and Biometrics notice, 5 years later, in May 2005, I have never received any communication from USCIS regarding my case and my status message never changed from what it was originally, even after the fingerprinting. I opened the email with apprehension and was pleasantly surprised as I read the words [B]"On November 1, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."[/B]

I give all glory and honor to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. This has only happened by His divine wisdom and intervention. All glory belongs to Him.

As to how I feel? I was surprised that I was not exhilarated, just relieved that I did not have to focus on this step of the process any longer. It takes a toll on even the most hardened individual as one waits with no end in sight, and basically have to plan your whole life around it. I found this forum to be a great source of comfort, it was almost a refuge - at times. I am impressed by the wealth of knowledge exhibited here and I thank you all.

Hismercy
ND - August 2000
BIO - May 12, 2005
Approval - Nov 1, 2005
LUD - LUD May 13, 05, Nov 1, 05, Nov 2, Nov 3, Nov 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Hismercy,

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your big day. I totally agree with the fact that we basically have to plan our lives around it but its all good. It is good to see another 2000 approval. I am glad for you.

congratulations HISMERCY

did you get the green or the yellow RFI and did it say that your case is not being processed by an officer, but they require additional info to prepare the case for adjudication

Congratulations Hismercy.
My ND is also August 2000, and with my LUD changing frequently lately, I am hoping to receive the same good news.
Nonetheless, Good Luck in your future.

AR

Lazerthegreat said:
and did you not receive FP notice? when were you last finger printed?

Lazerthegreat, I've had only one fingerprint/Biometrics, (I thought they were one and the same?) notice during my whole Assylum- I485 application process and that was on May 12, 2005. Anyhow, at that appointment they did the 10 fingers, took picture and signature and index finger. At the conclusion of that appt., I also remember the personnel telling me that I would receive green card in the mail

Hismercy said:
Lazerthegreat, I've had only one fingerprint/Biometrics, (I thought they were one and the same?) notice during my whole Assylum- I485 application process and that was on May 12, 2005. Anyhow, at that appointment they did the 10 fingers, took picture and signature and index finger. At the conclusion of that appt., I also remember the personnel telling me that I would receive green card in the mail

Good for you
I never got any fingerprint notice.However, I did get RFI for BIO and medical
I did my BIO and told CIS that my medical was done in 2001.
My ND 12/2001
No prints in 2004
RFI on 08/01
LUD change 08/08, 08/09, 08/10.
And that's it, now waiting.

Last edited by a moderator: