approved while on oversea

gc4201

Registered Users (C)
HI All,

Our cases (NOv 22) were finally approved on Aug 22 according to online status. However, we are currently on the oversea vacation. We have valid AP, but wondering if we can still use AP to re-enter the US when I-485 were approved. Anyone has experience on this? What should we be aware in front of the immigration officer? Pretend we don't know the I-485 were approved?

For those interested, here is my details:

1). Notice date: Nov 22, 2002
2). Fp1 done on Jan 06 2003, online status never updated after fp1 was done
3). received fp2 notice in May, 2004, completed fp2 ahead of schedule in Jun 3.
4). online status never updated for fp2 notice or fp2 status.
5). LUD never changed until Jul 19 when status changed to our fp1 (not fp2) received and processing resumed
6). same employer, never changed address
7). lud changed again on Aug 23, saying approved.
8). Never done any special to speed up the case.

My experience is to let the system go by itself, unless you really think something is wrong (for example, you nd has passed the processing date), maybe you can take some action at that time. I personally strongly against monitoring LUD, I think that is stupid, not going to buy you anything.

Good Luck to everyone who is still waiting, just be patient, and your day is coming.

Thanks.

gc4201 said:
We have valid AP, but wondering if we can still use AP to re-enter the US when I-485 were approved. Anyone has experience on this? What should we be aware in front of the immigration officer? Pretend we don't know the I-485 were approved?

The important thing to remember is that the POE can "parole" you into the United States even without AP. All AP does is change the parole request, instead of you asking to be paroled in, it's the head of a USCIS Service Center or District Office asking on your behalf. :)

I would not volunteer that the adjustment has been approved. Just present the AP, and if the inspector mentions the approval and that it might cause a problem ask either to be paroled in or request deferred inspection at your local District Office. That should do the trick.

Congratulations! :)

I do know that people who come to US on an immigrant visa get stamped at POE. Do not know what happens in your case. If I were you, I'd seek informed legal counsel instead of guessing what to do. A few dollars may not be worth ruining the case after all the years worth of investment in this process.

Good luck!

TheRealCanadian

Are you Really CANADIAN?

What ever your suggestions are really good and up to the point.

Thanks for yours valuable time for sharing yours knowledge.

I wish you good luck on yours future.

Congratulations.
Mine got approved the same way. I came in with AP. No questions asked.
Good luck.

rpranesh said:
" or request deferred inspection at your local District Office" ..
What does it mean?
When you enter US you are inspected and issued I-94 at POE. That is called as inspection. Deferred inspection is nothing but postponing the inspection. This is usually done in some rare cases like approval of I-485 while abroad or some time for political asylum seekers.
You will go to local BCIS office and complete the inspection process

Just Use AP

I had exactly the same situation...

No Questions asked...No Trick needed...Nothing to hide...

Use your AP...If asked about approval ..do not hide...It is perfectly LEGAL to be approved while you are away from the country...