Approved.LEAVING TO INDIA

venkatsri

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

My 485 approved today as per on-line message and automated email.
I have already booked the tickets to INDIA next week. What shall i do?
Is it okay to travel?

Please share your thoughts,

VKT.
EB3- PD 4/2002
485- RD 8/2003.

i am in a similar situation, just got approval email today and have travel plans for next week, not sure what to do.

I can't believe you guyzz......Instead of partying you guys are still worrying....
Think about us. We have no clue when we will get this thing....

Unless its not an emergency postpone the tickets for couple of weeks guyz......Or you can get an ADIT stamp. Go to local USCIS office and they will assist you

Yup - best thing is to go get a ADIT stamping -- take proof of your travel plans when you visit.
If you can't get the stamp (for whatever reason), postpone your travel till after you get the card.

Oh and yeah - congrats on the approval :D

max2k1, do we need the approval letter to go for stamping at the local center... i am supposed to leave monday and am sure i will not have the approval notice by then. will they look at the online status for stamping. thanks.

Worst come worst a status print out is good enough I think..Anyway they can see it from their computer.

Take as much docs as you can - receipt notice, EAD cards etc to prove you are who you say you are.
They can always use your A# to find out the status ... but again whether they will stamp or not is upto their discretion.
Be prepared to postpone ur tix if you can get the stamping -- don't leave without a stamping.

I took infopass and went to local office, the lady said, my case is not yet approved as per her system. She tried using my A# and LIN#, but she couldn't find my case with the approval status.Even,I showed my online case approval printout. She said, use AP to travel outside this country and comeback using AP. I'm not sure how to rely on her answer.

I am going follow up my lawyer today and find out more and will post it here.

Thanks,

VKT

vkt, i have mailed my attorney about this, he said as long as i don't get any official notice of being granted LPR and have a valid advance parole i can travel using the AP. i am planning to get another opinion. i will share it here as well.

different situation

Venkatsri,max and all,

My situation is different. My family is already in india and now the GCs are approved. By the time...they start travelling back to us....they will get Cards here. How they can enter into the country as they carried A.Ps with them. Is it ok if they enter using A.Ps after the Cards are mailed to our home here ?

Can anyone please shed some light on this ?

Best Regards,
skarza

skarza,

I'm also in the situation. My family is already in INDIA. The IO officer at local office told me they can use AP to enter, even though their GC's approved.

VKT.

You should get your Approval Notice on Saturday

Venkat :

You should get your approval notice on Saturday. ( I got it in 2 days, Approved on 6/19, got the mail on 6/21 ).

If you are going to be here in US till monday, take Infopass appointment and request IO for the Stamping on your PP by showing the Approval Notice.

Otherwise, you can try to take Infopass appointment for tommorow and hopefully you will see some other IO and can get a stamping.

Anyways, good luck to you.

Btw, If you have some time, can you send me your travel agent's number and how much did you get the tickets for and which Air lines? I need to travel to India in couple of weeks.
You can email me at madhusr_k at yahoo.

Regards
MK

skarza, i know that if you are out of the country and if u r GC is approved, you will have no problem entering again using AP, they will stamp your passport with temporary green card. i have my friends spouse in india and their attorney said she will not have any issues coming back after 485 is approved here.

venkatsri

just use AP and go. even if you got GC approval. AP you can use. get lawyer advice before leaving for india

dice12

Listen ALL:

As long as u are using AP, its OK to re-enter USA EVEN if ur GC is approved..
HOWEVER, DON"T USE H1 to reenter if ur GC is approved. If you use H1 to re-enter & u already have GC approved, ur GC will be cancelled....

My 2 cents...

me too in same boat

Me too in a similar situation…

wait and see...

Last edited by a moderator:
I took infopass and went to local office, the lady said, my case is not yet approved as per her system. She tried using my A# and LIN#, but she couldn't find my case with the approval status.Even,I showed my online case approval printout. She said, use AP to travel outside this country and comeback using AP. I'm not sure how to rely on her answer.

I am going follow up my lawyer today and find out more and will post it here.

Thanks,

VKT
Did you receive any update from your attorney? could you please share with us your plan..

thanks in advance

Venkatsri,max and all,

My situation is different. My family is already in india and now the GCs are approved. By the time...they start travelling back to us....they will get Cards here. How they can enter into the country as they carried A.Ps with them. Is it ok if they enter using A.Ps after the Cards are mailed to our home here ?

Can anyone please shed some light on this ?

Best Regards,
skarza

I have similar situation my family is in India.
I have called CSR and told they are fine as long as they have a valid AP to enter US.