Approved got it stamped

gpkumar

Registered Users (C)
Today we got the I-551 stamped on passport. Everything went very well. No questions at all.

Need to take passport, un expired EAD and AP if any and SSN card. We went there at 7.15AM. we are out of INS Dallas office by 9.15AM. It took like 45 minutes to stamp on three passports.

Thanks for the info on the web portal.

AD-Jan 26th 2004
RD-12/24/2001
1st FP- Feb 2002
2nd FP- Sep 2003
EB2-RIR
PD-5/2000

Gpkumar,
Congratulations!!!. And did you call BCIS for 2nd finger prints??.

Question

GPkumar,

When did you receive your approval Notice?.

Is there any appointment date given on the notice?.

Please give any information that would help to get stamped with approval Notice.

- Baktha

GPKumar were there lot of people in line at 7:15 AM? What time do they start issuing tokens and letting people in? Instead of going early in the morning can we go in the afternoon around 12:30 pm? Thanks.

Did you also bring two photos with you? Do you know if they checked the validity of your passport? My passport will expire in about 6 months. I'm wondering if I need to get it extended before stamping.

I got my approval notice to me after 5 days of approval. There is no date mentioned on the approval notice. Once u recieve the approval go to the office mentioned on approval notice with required docs. If we can keep half day aside it is enough to get the stamping done. If you need to come back to wokr by 10 you can go there early otherwise not necessary. Office works from 6-30AM to 1-30PM MON,TUE,THU,FRi only. Now days there is no longer q's due to online applications.

hi gpkumar,
congratulations!!! am really happy to see all these approvals.
I have a question for you.As far as I remember, you had that msg saying that " the document based on the registation or approval of the case was directly issued to the person".right.just wanted to know whether ur msg now says that the case has been approved or still is the same.
I am stuck with the above msg since sept 2003, n whenever i call bcis, they say that had sent the green card in sept,03 which we never received, as i had mentioned earlier.
would really appreciate ur reply.
thanks.

GPKumar

We have received our Approval Notice today and planning to go tomorrow for Stamping in Dallas Office.

These are the documents we should take.

1. I-485 Approval Notice
2. Passport
3. unexpired EAD
4. Unexpired AP
5. I-94
6. 2 Photos (INS standard)

Q1. Is there anything I missied out.

Any Advice....

- Baktha

I am waiting for my appoval notice eventhough online
status says approved. Since the list of documents include
unexpired AP, could any of you please advise me if I have
a problem?

My wife's AP expired 6 monts ago. RD is June 20th 2003.
She got RFE and they received RFE respose 2 weeks
back. Should I wait for AP to come before we go for
stamping or can we explain the situation?

Please advise.

If your I-485 is approved, all pending AP or EAD applications will be cancelled. You are not going to get your money back.:D

However if your wife's AP shows online as approved, you might need to wait for it come in the mail before going for the stamping.

tscapplicant you don't need to worry about AP. No requirement that your wife needs to have a valid AP document. Same with EAD for her. All you need for her is the approval doc, 2 photos and her passport.

If you have any approved EAD or AP and recieved by you then only take them otherwise not needed. that is the reason I mentioned If any you have.