Approved- but no status change- no email

Approved per IO..Status not Changed

I think we should stay positive and wait for the mail/card. My friend got his green card recently. His status still shows up as pending. Sometimes I think they don't update it. Do you think they would have lied to us? Why would
they do that?

sv70

i would agree with that - i was told by the customer service rep in as many words that they donot always update the online case status, especially now when they have such a huge workload.

i guess the only way we will find out for sure is when we find something in our snail mail. nevertheless, it would be reassuring to get these verbal approvals confirmed from some other source too.

sv70, I am in the same mode, I don't think they would lie to us, they can just say "Open a service request or something like that"...I am just trying to keep my self postive, I will try to call USCIS again today...guys just stay positive and hope we will get approvals :)

I don't think the IO was lying. That nice lady who gave the status for me and my family cases yesterday was the same lady who I talked to about 10 days ago. She recognised my 7 year old son's picture from the file and commented about it both the times.

I am hoping and praying that she wasn't lying and we'll all get those magic emails pretty soon.

Same thing happened to one of our friends..when I got the email, he called NSC and was told that he was approved on 22nd June an d card has been ordered but he has not go any email as of today yet...so I guess it is for real:)..congrats!!

I don't think the IO was lying. That nice lady who gave the status for me and my family cases yesterday was the same lady who I talked to about 10 days ago. She recognised my 7 year old son's picture from the file and commented about it both the times.

I am hoping and praying that she wasn't lying and we'll all get those magic emails pretty soon.

I don't get it, why others, who got approved at NSC on the same day, got the approval e-mails and status changed but you guys didn't? Anything special?:confused:

I just called and they told me the same by a different IO.

She said, we will get emails when the card production is done...Some times we might not get it as other mentioned here ..

I think it is good to try from one your friend if you know that he is not approved yet and see what they will say ....But i don't have doubt:)

ravisurya thanks for the update, can you tell me what you asked for...I wwant to call the uscis in next fw mins

I called the same magic sequence 3 times sofar today but all the three times i am told to be patient and keep checking the online status :(

ok called again and got to another IO who was patient enough and didnt ask me to be patient :) but took my LIN number and then told me that they have 18000 applications that they are processing and they are trying to approve the cases by RD and that they want to see closing as many applications as possible. And also said that my application is currently assigned to an Immigration Officer and that the IO would analuze the case and make a decision but i need to wait 120 days before i call back again. So, if i dont get any notice by sept 30th then i should call back.

Not sure what does it mean when she says the application is assigned to an IO.

Called IO and was told that case is approved and notice sent to Lawyer

I just called and they told me the same by a different IO.

She said, we will get emails when the card production is done...Some times we might not get it as other mentioned here ..

I think it is good to try from one your friend if you know that he is not approved yet and see what they will say ....But i don't have doubt:)

I just now called IO and was told that my case was approved on 22nd Jun and card mailed to Lawyer on 25th Jun. I still don't buy this since I had an Infopass appointment on 25th Jun and was told that I am stuck in Name check (three weeks before that on the phone, I was told that name check is cleared ?)

It's very confusing.........am planning to call Lawyer and see if he received anything.

friends just called uscis, a different IO picked up, she informed me that the 485 was approved on monday(25th)...she told me that until the card is produced they aren't going to update the status...so I think the IO are telling truth :)

Spoken to an IO at NSC.....again

i called NSC again and spoke to a polite IO a few minutes ago.

i told him that i was informed that i was approved but USCIS online was not being reflecting this.

he then proceeded to ask me my LIN# and my name so that he could pull up my case (i could hear him typing in the background).

thankfully, he confirmed that i was indeed approved on 25th june and that the card has been ordered. :)

with regards to the online status, his explanation was that they would reflect the online status when the card is produced and mailed out.

so let me be the first to congratulate all of my fellow "verbally approved" cases.

yamkara, got similiar response, the IO said it shoudl take 2 weeks to get the card...wut about the response about the card being delivbered

looking at the current processing speeds, i think that we will get our cards later this week or sometime next week at the very latest.

with regards to the accuracy of these "verbal approvals", what sealed the deal for me that he took my details, and told me that my card will be mailed out to my residence and proceeded to read out my home address - which proved that he had indeed accessed my file.

Hope all of you are right

I had the similar experience in the morning when IO started reading out the address where the card has been mailed and that turned out to be my lawyer address.

I am praying that all of you are right and we get our card next week. I was very dejected when I was told on Monday Infopass appointment that my security check is still pending.