Approved after Interview

YJay

Registered Users (C)
My case was approved after interview. Passport stamped.

I am not leaving this forum and will keep working with the core team members to have the I-485 backlogs reduced.

Yjay,

Can you tell us about your interview? (what documets you prepared and what documents actually the officer asked you to present at the interview).

I will have mine next week and I am getting worried.

Thanks,

My interview was at Washington DC office in Arlington.

The interview letter asked for Employment letter, 3 years tax return.

I brought all the documents that I could think of - passport, driver license, I-140 application package, I-485 application package, 3 years pay slips and all correspondences with INS/BCIS/UISCIS.

Basically, the officer did take my 3 years tax return (copies). Somehow, I made copies of my employment letter but forgot the original at home. The officer hesitated a little and then accepted it. If she insisted, I could have my HR manager issue another one because my office is only 5 miles from the Arlington CIS office.

I didn't use a lawyer.

Good luck with your interview.

Originally posted by Hana
Yjay,

Can you tell us about your interview? (what documets you prepared and what documents actually the officer asked you to present at the interview).

I will have mine next week and I am getting worried.

Thanks,

Goodluck!!!!

I'm happy that another friend got approved. I appreciate all your efforts as one of our Core team member.

Yjay,
you were a transfer case. When did you get the interview letter ?
That was pretty fast. Did you take senator's help ? I had my interview in Nov 2003 and I am still waiting for Security check approval...

Originally posted by SWaiting
Yjay,
you were a transfer case. When did you get the interview letter ?
That was pretty fast. Did you take senator's help ? I had my interview in Nov 2003 and I am still waiting for Security check approval...
I wrote to two VA senators a few times and all VA representatives regarding the I-485 backlogs. I faxed them our petition for I-485 backlog reduction a couple of times but never asked them to help with my case.

Even before our 485 petition I wrote to Tom Ride and deputy DHS director England(?), complaining the slow process of all immigration benefits and consequent delays for citizenship application.

Anyway, I don't believe my approval has anything to do with my efforts. However, I do hope my efforts have some (however insignificant) impact on the overall reduction of I-485 delays. I am not overjoyed with my approval. I am more concerned with those who filed earlier than me but are still waiting. I wish them best of luck.

I also encorage everyone to join the effort of the core team to have the backlogs reduced. I'll continue to contribute my insignificant share. United, we are strong.

SWaiting,

Originally posted by SWaiting
.... When did you get the interview letter ?......
Sorry. I forgot to answer your question. I got the interview notice in middle November 2003, 6 weeks after the transfer.

Yjay,

Congrats! How long did the interview take and is there anything that you can tell us which might be benificial for us waiting for an interview at the Arlington office?

-cmr

cmr
Originally posted by cmr
Yjay,
Congrats! How long did the interview take and is there anything that you can tell us which might be benificial for us waiting for an interview at the Arlington office?
-cmr
It took no time (about 20 minutes per person). Don't give anything until you are asked. For example, the interview letter asked my wife's medicals but not mine. I brought the copies of our medicals submitted with our I-485 and prepared to argue if they wanted a new one. I printed the newest CIS memo about the validity of medicals (valid until the case is adjudicated instead of one year). Anyway, they did not ask and we did not mention it.

If you have a family and your derivative does not work, you should bring I-134 (Affidavit of Support). Theoretically, they should not ask for it if your salary is high enough to support the whole family. However, some officers will ask for it. We are not in the good position to argue with them.

A lesson from me, don't just bring the copies but forget your original employment letter at home.

One thing that made us laugh: the first thing we walked in the office was to have index finger printed twice, and sign a card twice. Afterward, the office gave us a piece of tissue to wipe our fingers. The piece of tissue was shredded to the size not much bigger than a band aide ¨C what a way to reduce their operation cost!! Carry a tissue in your pocket if you have a thick index finger.

Important: for family cases, prepare to answer questions like your last entry date (I almost forgot mine), your spouse¡¯s DOB, your mom's name. They also ask your kid DOB, his/her mom's name, father's name, etc. These questions sound casual. However, if your family misses a lot (especially spouse's DOB, mom's name, etc.) you could be asked to submit more document to establish your family relationship ¨C my personal observation.

Last edited by a moderator: