Approved!!! after a long interview.

Response to RFE, sent AC21 letter

As part of RFE response, i sent the AC21 letter that i actually changed job in a similar position with hire date mentioned.

Within no time, case has been transferred.

Whether it is wise to proactively let them know or wait until RFE and/or interview is not clear based on differing opinions.

Based on Shusterman's view, may be it is a good idea. But check with you attorney for sure.

Good luck Canttakemore.

Last edited by a moderator:
re: for Maald - important

hi Maald,

thanks for the info. If possible, could you post a screened version of your AC21 letter. will appreciate very much.

thanks.
CTM

Hi Maald, that info is really wonderful. Thanks for sharing. If you are in bayarea, can you PM me your lawyer information as I don't have any and am a case of AC21.

AC21 Letter drafted using templates on this forum

CTM: see if this helps. The following is the format i used to draft the AC21 letter. May not be the best, served the purpose. Good luck.

Date:

To

The Adjudication Officer
BCIS/USCIS, xxx, xx

Subject: EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION LETTER

Dear Officer:

This letter is to confirm that xxxx has been employed by xxxx as xxxx since xxxx.

His position has been full time and permanent effectve xxxx (date). xxxx is being paid a salary of $xxxxx annually on a semi-monthly pay schedule.

In his position as xxxx, he has been performing following duties.

- xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- xxxxxxxxxxxx

His I-485 application has been pending since xxxxx which has been pending more than 180 days after the filing of his Adjustment of Status application (I-485) with case number xxxx through his previous employer xxxx.

Please note that the salary offered to xxxxx exceeds the salary being offered in the Alien Labor Certification certified by the DOL on behalf of xxxx (former company).which was $xxxx.

Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Sincerely,

xxxx (name)
xxxx (title)
xxxx (address)
xxxx (city,zip,state)

To give_GC_now

I live in southern CA. Can share attorney info, if required.

pls send me an e-mail "maald@cox.net".

Please help me as my case has been transferred to local office.

Malad:

Congrats on your approval and appreciate your help in sharing the information:

I am also in the same boat as my case has been transferred from TSC to local office in AZ.
Please help me with the following questions.

1) What kind of letter did you carry from my previous employer for the interview?
2) do you see any issues in my case?
3) is transfer good or bad?
4) Does a lawyer present in a interview makes lots of difference?

I have also written to your personal email id.

Thanks
AD

To american_desi

1) What kind of letter did you carry from my previous employer for the interview?

Very generic format with my employment dates, title, job responsibilities.

2) do you see any issues in my case?

I am not qualified enough to say one way or the other.

Based on the info in the e-mail you sent, however, it should be fine and may be you can better prepared with the help of a good, local attorney.

3) is transfer good or bad?

Yes/no/may be, primarily dependent on the local office and their work load. Also, would need to appear for an interview, which involves more scruitiny than cases in a service center.

In some cases, it was damn good, example: early 2002, Baltimore,MD tansferred cases from VSC were adjudicated at really faster pace. (because of quich interview scheduling)

4) Does a lawyer present in a interview makes lots of difference?

Several answers i read in this forum, it can help but not a must. In my case, it helped as my attorney was proactive in aswering about AC21 in simpler language.

Good luck.
maald