Approved After 3+ Years of Pending Name Check

GCWaitLA

Registered Users (C)
Hi -
I have been a silent reader of this forum for over 3 years , and would like to share my case with you ( if its of any help to anyone ).

Married USC in Jun2003
Applied AOS in Oct 2003
1st Finger Printing 12/2003
Interview 6/8/2004
USCIS Walk in (Info Pass) 2/2005
USCIS Phone Inquiry 8/2005
2nd Finger Print 8/2005
USCIS Phone Inquiry 10/2005
Written Inquiry with Sentors and Congressman 2/2006
Congressman Replies (pending Background check) 3/2006
Sen Barbara Boxer replies (pending Name Check)4/2006
Written to FBI under FOIPA Jun-06
USCIS Walk in (Info Pass) 6/2006
FBI Replies under FOPIA (No Records) 6/2006
Mailed FBI for NNCP expedite request (No Reply) Jun-06
Mailed FBI for NNCP expedite request(No Reply) Jul-06
Mailed a Letter to USCIS Director/FBI-(Cannon/Hooton)(No Reply) 8/2006
Called 1-800 Number 9/2006
Emailed FBI for NNCP expedite request(No Reply) Oct-06
Mailed a Letter to USCIS Director(No Reply) 12/2006
Mailed letter to First Lady Laura Bush 12/06
Got FP Notice from USCIS 3/2007
Got Copy of FP from Congressman's Office 3/2007
Completed 2 Code 1 FP 3/2007
Got a letter from DOJ / FBI ( First Lady triggered this ) that my Name check cleared in 2/2007
Got Welcome notice from LA District office yesterday

I'll be happy answer any specific questions..

Thanks

Congratulations!!!I can totally understand the pain and anziety that you may have gone thru while ur NC was pending...I m goin thru the same....Do u think writing to Laura Bush helped....or was it just a coincidence?

Thanks Guys ...YES !!!..It was laura bush's mail to DOJ which helped ...else every one else was making me go round & round for year ...congressman liason is good to keep track of any progress on your case ..but they can not expedite the case. Sending Direct mails to FBI /USCIS Director etc pretty much doesnt get you anything ...

CONGRATULATIONS, GCWaitLA!!! :) :) :)
My husband has been stuck in name check for 3+ years (N-400-citizenship). We went through all the steps you did. Seeing how many people got their names cleared after writing to Mrs. Bush, I finally wrote a letter to Mrs. Bush a few months ago, but... never sent it. :eek:
I will get his papers together to attach to the letter and will send it today! :D

100% worth a try ...thats my experience ... actually my USC wife wrote a letter to First Lady ...that too a hand written one ...with a personal touch :)

Whatever it is ...it worked ...i dont care about rest ...please let me know if you have any other questions ...

I just sent a typed letter asking her to look into the matter and try and expedite it.I sent it in Feb.

Dear all,

Two employers are filing my H1B papers this time ,i have tried to one of them but both of them said that they have alreday dispatched the courier,

would it be a problem if two employers file two petitions for a single resource....

Thanks & Rgds,

Vijay

GCWaitLA

I am in the exact same situation, USCIS says my name check still not back from FBI and I really do not know if it is back or not, I guess I'll write a letter to First Lady as well, I have been waiting over 2 years now.
Thanks for your updates I have lost my faith in this system.

Question for GCWaitLA

GCWaitLA,

If you dont mind me asking, do you think USCIS takes longer for name checks from certain parts of the world, and then if you are male?
I am not too worried just yet, I filed my stuff last week and got receipts this week but I am preparing myself if something comes up.

Thanks.

congrats mate, i'm also waiting for last 28 moths to clear my name check crap, so it's only 8 months for 3rd anniversary, hopefully FBI will clear my name soon :D

hello,

have a question, I am in same situation - can you share what your wife wrote to First Lady.. may be that can be used as a template for my letter and letters other people send...

Thanks again

I dont have a template (but i pulled something off this forum) and neither did we saved a copy of what we sent...since i wasnt very hopeful...We talked about our situation ..FOIPA Record from FBI and requested her to look into our case...just basic stuff ...

Congrats and well done!

gcwaitla - your thorough follow-up and proactive action seems to have done the trick. Congratulations.

What is namecheck (forgive my ignorance)

and what triggers them to do it? All the people I know were approved on the spot.

Thanks.

If your name (or parent name ) matches with the suspects name in the FBI database, it triggers them to check you thoroughly.

Only very fews are unlikely.

and what triggers them to do it? All the people I know were approved on the spot.

Thanks.