Approved 4th Sept, 2007

rajeshcmos

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

A silent reader, finally gets approval for self and wife.

Here's my case for anyone to refer:

Category - EB3
country - India
Labor Filed Date (PD) - 11/15/03
Service Center - Vermont
PD Approved - 1/15/04
140+485 filed concurrently - 4/17/04
140 Approved 7/15/04
FP and EAD renewal and Job related RFE every year

Case Xfered to TSC on 3/7/07

Refiled Labor under PERM to apply under EB2, keeping the same priority date
on 4/1/07
Approved New Labor on 4/15/07
Filed 140 under EB2 using premium on 6/15/07
Appoved EB2 1140 on 6/30/07
Medical RFE (TB Skin Test) on 5/18/07
Response to RFE received on 7/3/07
Contacted Senator's office, Congressman Office, Local INS Office, USCIS Service Center, FBI Name Check Dept more than 1 time either thru email or mail or phone or personally.

I called USCIS Customer service on 8/3/07. They said I need to wait for atleast 60 days from the RFE Response Date. So I called them yesterday (61st day). They put in a service request yesterday.

Finally self and wife got approved. There has been NO LUD change after they received the Medical RFE Response(7/3/07).

Goodluck to everyone.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

I am glad you broke your silence to announce your approval. The more people share their information, the better it is..

Congratulations.. your approval gives us hope

Case Details
===========
EB3 (INDIA)
PD: Oct 2001 (Original Labor)
I140 - RD Jan 2004 AD Jul 2004 LUD on 6/2006
I485(Me/Spouse) - RD Jul 2004 AD??? LUD on 8/31/2007 & 9/3/2007
VSC-> TSC transfer - Mar 07 2007
FP1(Code3) - Apr 2005
FP2(code 1) - May 2007
RFE on : 06/21/2007 ackd(recd by USCIS) 7/19/2007
5 EADs & Applied for 4th AP on Aug 16th 2007

How can we have the same PD and apply for EB2.? could you elaborate? what happens if one beyond the 6 year period? what made you to think of applying in EB2 and taking a chance....

Thanks

rajeshcmos ..congratulations. You received card production as well as welcome notice mailed ?

How can we have the same PD and apply for EB2.? could you elaborate? what happens if one beyond the 6 year period? what made you to think of applying in EB2 and taking a chance....

Thanks

I really don't know what you are talking about taking the risk and the 6 year period. All I know is, my employer, having known my interest to achieve GC faster, told me that the company attorney sees no issues in re-filing in EB2 Category and getting the Priority Date transferred. At the time I originally applied in EB3 category, my employer was only doing EB3. As soon as he started in EB2, he told me that he can get mine done in EB2. I did not have a second thought and everything went thru with no issues. I did not plan at all to join another company and file AC21 since I did not want to jeopardize my situation and also was willing to work for my employer who always helped me out in difficult situation.

Thanks

If one is beyond 6 yrs on H1b based upon pending labor beyond 365 days, and
file for another labor (thru PERM) without cancelling the old one then I think he/she is fine (old labor can be cancelled after perm approval if cis hasn't done that).

If one is beyond 6 yrs on H1b based upon pending labor beyond 365 days, and
file for another labor (thru PERM) without cancelling the old one then I think he/she is fine (old labor can be cancelled after perm approval if cis hasn't done that).

Well, this is my case. came to US in nov 99 on h1b. changed employer in april 2002 using new h1b. changed employer in july 2003 using h1b. this employer is the one who filed my GC under EB3 in Nov 2003. Started using EAD since Aug 2004. In early 2007, the employer re-filed my GC under EB2 category (PERM) and then got my old priority date ( nov 2003) transferred to the new EB2.

FYI.. our case was approved on 4th sept. We received the plastic card on 10th sept. This info is for anyone concerned about how long it takes to receive the plastic card. Maybe depends on case by case.

FYI.. our case was approved on 4th sept. We received the plastic card on 10th sept. This info is for anyone concerned about how long it takes to receive the plastic card. Maybe depends on case by case.

Congratulations!

I am curious and I might be opening up speculations here by posting this question.

Do you think that your case got approved because you changed your category to EB2 from EB3?
OR
Your case got approved under EB3 as they opened it and processed it under due course?

Hi hello friends

Congrats all friends who ever approved !!!1

I have one thing I received Welcome Notice mailed e-mail on 9/6/07
but I never received any cards or approval notices till now

If u don't mine please help me out, its really helpful & appreciates

thanks

Hi MTReddy

rajeshcmos ..congratulations. You received card production as well as welcome notice mailed ?

Hi hello friend

thanks

Hi hello friend

thanks

Hi, I don't know how to help you. But if I were you, I would call USCIS and find out what's going on. If that doesn't help, I will take an INFOPASS and speak in person to an IO and find out the details. Most likely, he may tell to wait for 60 days or so. If so, then you really will have to wait.

But be cool. since you got a Welcome Mail, it means you are DEFINITELY APPROVED.