Approved 4th Sept, 2007

Congratulations!

I am curious and I might be opening up speculations here by posting this question.

Do you think that your case got approved because you changed your category to EB2 from EB3?
OR
Your case got approved under EB3 as they opened it and processed it under due course?

I realy don't know the answer for this question since I too was wondering about it. My employer told me that changing my category to EB2 from EB3 might be a catalyst to my case. More over at the same time, I had letters written to the Texas Director, FBI Director,Congressman and Senator. Also on the 61st day after USCIS received my RFE for medical(I was asked to wait for 60 days), I put in a Expedite Service Request and the lady told me that she is surprised to see that my case has been pending since April 2004. That same night, I received the Welcome notice. I don't know for sure if any of these helped as well.

The below is General Information
--------------------------------

FYI, I was told by my employer that local IO information might not be correct always and I really experienced it when the IO officer told me that my name check was pending and that responding late to an RFE can delay the case and also that it might even take up to a year for my case to be approved. This happened just a week before my approval.

Also, there was no LUD's in my case other than the RFE received date for Medical. So those who don't receive any LUD's, don't worry that your case will not be considered.

Thanks for replying to my questions.

I think you are right.

If we follow up regularly, something will trigger them into looking into our cases and if everything is clear in a case, it will definitely start them into processing our cases.
Earlier I was under the opinion that they will do their due processing as and when our case comes up in the queue.
But looks like that is not the case.

Quite strange and saddening at the same time!
This defeats the purpose of a queue.

Guys,
So, this should be our action item. We should all periodically do the following
- call the customer support to query about the case
- periodically take infopass appointments and query about the case.
- sending letters and following up with congressmen/senators
- if there is a scope of changing the priority (ex: eb3 - eb2), start in that direction

let us do what we need to do. Then we can leave the rest on our luck.

Good luck to you all!

rajeshcmos,
Did you get your physical card yet? if not you might want to call uscis. when you do ask about on which application you have been approved. That will give some folks to take some decisions to convert form EB3 to EB2.

Hi friends
Thanks a lot for your kind of reply

also today we received approval notices in the regular mail box and I am very happy and waiting for GC card.

is it same Welcome notice or Approval notice

thanks

Hi Rajeshcmos

Hi, I don't know how to help you. But if I were you, I would call USCIS and find out what's going on. If that doesn't help, I will take an INFOPASS and speak in person to an IO and find out the details. Most likely, he may tell to wait for 60 days or so. If so, then you really will have to wait.

But be cool. since you got a Welcome Mail, it means you are DEFINITELY APPROVED.

Thanks a lot for your kind of reply

also today we received approval notices in the regular mail box and I am very happy and waiting for GC card.
is it same welcome notice or approval notice

thanks

rajeshcmos,
Did you get your physical card yet? if not you might want to call uscis. when you do ask about on which application you have been approved. That will give some folks to take some decisions to convert form EB3 to EB2.

Yes, I have already mentioned that I received the physical card in 5 days after approval.

You need to refile for GC in EB2 category starting with Labor WITHOUT withdrawing your existing application, which probably is in EB3. Usually, Labor will be approved in less than 1 month time. Then preferably, file for 140using PREMIUM PROCESSING if possible and request USCIS to get the PD transferred from EB3 to EB2. AGAIN REMEMBER, DO NOT WITHDRAW YOUR EB3 APPLICATION. Rest will be decided by USCIS. There has been more approvals than denials in the EB3-EB2 transfer process. In our company itself, there has been both.

Thanks!