Approvals to be expected without name check

No vias number

Strange, still they did not give VISA number yet even though your PD is sept 2000???? then whom they assigned VISA numbers????

I have made enquiries via congressman , senator ,Vice president.
It all came back with name check pending.so i wanted to be sure as well.

I asked her twice to make sure i understood what she meant,
She clearly told that they got written instructions in black and white.
As long as visa number is assigned to a case even when the name check is pending
(if it had been more than 180days) they would approve.
She said for you name check doesnt matter anymore.
Once you get a visa number in october your case will be approved.

She didnt mention how far transferred cases were assigned with visa number.

i am very positive that all these conversations that you had with IO means that they assign visa number to pending name check cases to use up the visa numbers but then you have to wait for the name check to be cleared. once it is cleared, then regardless of visa being available at that time or not, you have your visa number and your case will be approved.

and to me this is the only reason they ran out of visa numbers on July 2nd.

All,

Today I called and spoke to a TSC IO and she mentioned they do not care about the name check anymore.

The Conversation was

Me : Good morning mam I got a question reg. my pending I -485
IO : Can I have a receipt number.
Me : EAC-XX-XXXXXXXXX filed on Jan 2004 Under EB2
IO : What is your question
Me: Last 3 years i didn't received FP and want to know the status of my 485
IO : Ok... your Fp is expired and call us two weeks back if you didn't get one
Me : Thanks, Is it possible for you to check is there anything else pending on my apps?
IO : Well your name check is pending?
Me : I do have a letter from FBI stating "NO RECORDS" found
IO : We don't care much about Name check anymore.. Once you get a Second FP it is good to go, I do see there is a request for your FP. Also the VISA number has been requested for your case
Me : Thanks .. and hung up the phone.

Note : I spoke to congressman and they also confirmed and my FP is expired and name check is pending. The congressman office requested to schedule a FP.

Thanks

How in the world do some of you get so much information from them because when I call I only get basic info I see online:mad: You called 1-800-375-5283 right? Thanks.

How in the world do some of you get so much information from them because when I call I only get basic info I see online:mad: You called 1-800-375-5283 right? Thanks.

There are two levels of customer service people you can talk to.

When you call the 1-800 number, you get connected to NCSC. The customer service reps there don't have any more information than what you see online. They can create service requests (SRs) for you, and may also be able to tell you if your SRs have been responded to and mailed. They probably can also tell you what was in the SR response. That's about it.

The second level of customer service is provided by immigration information officers. These are people who have much more detailed access to cases. However, getting them on the phone is a tricky process, and there is no guarantee that you will get someone helpful. To contact someone at this level, search for POJ in this forum. That technique will get you to the IOs. Good luck.

i am very positive that all these conversations that you had with IO means that they assign visa number to pending name check cases to use up the visa numbers but then you have to wait for the name check to be cleared. once it is cleared, then regardless of visa being available at that time or not, you have your visa number and your case will be approved.

and to me this is the only reason they ran out of visa numbers on July 2nd.

I want to believe that something good will happen, but if I was going to bet I will be what Shahram has said above is very close to the truth.

Last month I checked, my name was stuck in namecheck and I had lost all hope. Two days back I got email from USCIS that my GC is approved and cards mailed.

May be there is some truth in this. Bext luck.

I called TSC this morning. Unfortunately, I got a very curt reply, that since my case was transferred from VSC to TSC they did FP2 as they did for all transferred cases. My case has not been assigned yet because it is not cleared by FBI.
Who is right I don't know. But they are definitely not helpful people.:mad:

I 140 AD 2004
I485 RD Jan 2005
FP1 : 2005
VSC>TSC March 2007
FP2 : May 2007
No LUD after 3/15/2007

There are two levels of customer service people you can talk to.

When you call the 1-800 number, you get connected to NCSC. The customer service reps there don't have any more information than what you see online. They can create service requests (SRs) for you, and may also be able to tell you if your SRs have been responded to and mailed. They probably can also tell you what was in the SR response. That's about it.

The second level of customer service is provided by immigration information officers. These are people who have much more detailed access to cases. However, getting them on the phone is a tricky process, and there is no guarantee that you will get someone helpful. To contact someone at this level, search for POJ in this forum. That technique will get you to the IOs. Good luck.

Thanks much for this info. I called and the guy was respectful and all but did not want to go into my file at all. Just kept telling me to call back and press this and that to get regular customer service even though I told him I didn't want to talk to them because if I needed basic useless information, I could check my own "status" online:rolleyes: Maybe my voice is not as sexy as yours:D

Based on the news that only 25k got approved based on July Visa Bulletin!

If this is true - the funny thing....is lot of people on this forum were assuming that their cases got approved without namecheck....that seems to be out of window now....

If the real story is that USCIS only approved 25,000 cases (12.5k dependents including) based on July Visa Bulletin.....I very much doubt that USCIS cannot find 12.5k applications from India/China with namecheck clearance - with PD's current!

So, the theory of namecheck not being done - is definitely out the window!
The number of 12.5k is miniscule for Ind/China with PD's being current

lud

Had LUd on my I-485 on 07/05/07 and 07/06/07, dont know why. But my advance parole got approved on 07/05/07 and today it said notice sent. Will the adjudication of advance parole cause LUDS on my I-485 file??:confused:

Spoke with an IO a while back. She told me that RFE was sent today. I asked if that meant visa number was allocated to my case. She didn't really answer that question telling that assigned visa number was not the only indication that case would be approved in a certain timeframe. When asked about the name check she told me they didn't give out that info. I was actually told a couple of weeks back that my name check was pending.When I asked her about some IOs telling that cases would be processed even when name check was pending for more than 180 days. She said that she couldn't say anything on that as that was something only IOs are supposed to know. I would like to beleive that was 'yes, that's true'.
EB3 India PD 98 :) RD June 07 VSC--> TSC March 15

I had an Infopass appointment this afternoon in Dallas. Interestingly the IO gave me a handout regarding the security check process and here is a blurb,

"... USCIS will never grant an immigration service or benefit before the required security checks are completed regardless of how long checks take"

So I'm not sure if approvals can be expected to cases where security check has NOT be cleared/approved.

"... USCIS will never grant an immigration service or benefit before the required security checks are completed regardless of how long checks take"

So I'm not sure if approvals can be expected to cases where security check has NOT be cleared/approved.
Security check does not necessarily mean FBI name check. They normally run three types of security checks: IBIS, ADENT, and FBI. If they skip the last one after doing the first two, you still would have had some security checks run on you.

Can some one list the senators/congressman who have some power and consideration regarding this Name Check fiasco... so people can send letters, flowers, etc...

Security check does not necessarily mean FBI name check. They normally run three types of security checks: IBIS, ADENT, and FBI. If they skip the last one after doing the first two, you still would have had some security checks run on you.

I am aware of IBIS and FBI checks but not ADENT. What is the full form of ADENT? Do you have any document about ADENT?

Thanks,