Approvals to be expected without name check

gcrr

Registered Users (C)
Spoke with TSC / IO , She said that they got instructions in black and white to work on cases that are pending name check for more than 180 days. The cases are priortized based on receipt date. She said that mine doesnt have a visa number yet ,so should have to wait until october 2007.

Spoke with TSC / IO , She said that they got instructions in black and white to work on cases that are pending name check for more than 180 days. The cases are priortized based on receipt date. She said that mine doesnt have a visa number yet ,so should have to wait until october 2007.

To good to believe this

There is no reason to doubt this.
NC-Pending cases are excessive burden on USCIS resources, to eliminate NC process DHS/USCIS can save huge amount of money and other indirect costs related with long pending cases.
In the past, there was a rule within legacy INS, if security clearance/Back ground checks did not receive with 60 days the INS offices will wait for a grace period upto 30 days more and after 90 days (60+30) INS office will assume "no objection" and continue further processing.
If USCIS is coming back to FIFO, it is a good sign.
Goodluck friends.

Thanks gcrr! You made my day! That's a great news. My name check has been pending for a while. Hope we start seeing approvals soon. "Approved"...is the prettiest sight on the forum!

Did she tell you about the RD upto which they have assigned the Visa?

What about cases like mine which are stuck in the local offices.Name check and all checks are cleared but file is stuck for no apparent reason.
"Pending Review" is what I have been told for the last 3 years.
Is this memo/ notification for all cases in TSC or for all service centers.

i don't understand something and would be happy to hear what you think.
What happened to the per-country quota when they used 60k visas? For instance: I'm EB2/ROW and during 1.5 year of waiting i was always current. Now visa for me is unavail, like to all of us. How this 60k were distributed: did they assigned visa ## based on the country of origin and then PD/RD or solely on PD/RD?

Today when my wife called TSC IO, she told our cases are stuck in name check "They can not assign case to officer untill Name check is Cleared". She went on telling 'we will not work case unless its name check is cleared'

I don'nt know how to take both of these news.

Deos any body knows how to contact FBI on this regard ?

Thanks

i don't understand something and would be happy to hear what you think.
What happened to the per-country quota when they used 60k visas? For instance: I'm EB2/ROW and during 1.5 year of waiting i was always current. Now visa for me is unavail, like to all of us. How this 60k were distributed: did they assigned visa ## based on the country of origin and then PD/RD or solely on PD/RD?

Firs off ROW guys may never have to worry about...regarding the visa number...

Best Case they will be approved in three months and worst case...12 Months...THe issue is with retro countriess...

I have not seen a decent approvals from July 1st..Not sure they were busy, not sure due to july 4th week end.., not sure it is due to visa bulletin...

This is crazy. Your Priority Date is in 2000 and you have to wait until October. :mad: I'll be waiting for 5 years then with my PD being in 2002.

I have made enquiries via congressman , senator ,Vice president.
It all came back with name check pending.so i wanted to be sure as well.

I asked her twice to make sure i understood what she meant,
She clearly told that they got written instructions in black and white.
As long as visa number is assigned to a case even when the name check is pending
(if it had been more than 180days) they would approve.
She said for you name check doesnt matter anymore.
Once you get a visa number in october your case will be approved.

She didnt mention how far transferred cases were assigned with visa number.

TSC IO Response for Name Check

All,

Today I called and spoke to a TSC IO and she mentioned they do not care about the name check anymore.

The Conversation was

Me : Good morning mam I got a question reg. my pending I -485
IO : Can I have a receipt number.
Me : EAC-XX-XXXXXXXXX filed on Jan 2004 Under EB2
IO : What is your question
Me: Last 3 years i didn't received FP and want to know the status of my 485
IO : Ok... your Fp is expired and call us two weeks back if you didn't get one
Me : Thanks, Is it possible for you to check is there anything else pending on my apps?
IO : Well your name check is pending?
Me : I do have a letter from FBI stating "NO RECORDS" found
IO : We don't care much about Name check anymore.. Once you get a Second FP it is good to go, I do see there is a request for your FP. Also the VISA number has been requested for your case
Me : Thanks .. and hung up the phone.

Note : I spoke to congressman and they also confirmed and my FP is expired and name check is pending. The congressman office requested to schedule a FP.

Thanks

IO : We don't care much about Name check anymore.. Once you get a Second FP it is good to go, I do see there is a request for your FP.
strange comment ... hard to believe .... guess they used 'name check' to hide their inefficiencies...