Approvals in May, 07!

Congrats Ptys, you are through
--Naveen Oshos

Yep, it looks like I really am. I received the Notice of Action paper today.

It's strange. I don't feel overjoyed like I thought I would. Today doesn't seem much different than this time last week...

What is the Notice of Action

Hi PTYS,

What is the notice of Action?? And Also did you change the employer? or what happened to 140??

Thanks for information.
Va_lc_case

Hi PTYS,

What is the notice of Action?? And Also did you change the employer? or what happened to 140??

Thanks for information.
Va_lc_case

Notice of Action is that document they send you whenever something gets adjudicated. It says "Notice of Action" at the top. I used to get similar ones for H1 extensions, for example. It's like a written notification. I don't know what the correct lingo is. This one says that the status has been adjusted to permanent resident, and to look out for the card in the mail.

I-140 got approved last year. I pasted all my details in an earlier post in this thread. They were not filed together, because by the time I was ready to file them in 2005, retrogression happened.

I never changed my employers during the course of this.

I485 - Document Mailed to Address - Urgent Question

:confused: Dear All,

I have received the following e-mails from USCIS today:
__________________________________________________ __
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On May xx, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.
__________________________________________________ ____

What does this mean? Does it mean that my I-485 has been APPROVED and that my GC is in the mail ?

I have a slight problem....I am in India for the last 8 months. I have a valid AP (Valid until Feb 08). Will I need to get the GC stamped (in case this is an Approval Notice). If yes then can I wait until I make my next trip to the US in a few months?

Pls Advice. Need urgent Help. Majorly to decode the message ' Document Mailed'. I have also noticed that all the 'Status Dates' on my EAD, AP, I-140 (including I-485) have been changed to the May xx, 2007 date.

Someone pls help.

Thanks a lot.

PS: Can I get the GC stamped in INDIA ?

this could be a FP notice or address change notice etc...

For 485 to be pending...one needs to be in USA....espescially one needs to be able to go for Fingerprinting every 15 months...

Hey.....did U guys see, they changed the old message,

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On May 1, 2007, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

to a new one....

On XX, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

wow, they got rid of the line "on our earlier approval of the case" - which was so misleading....THANK GOD....USCIS finally got this message corrected!

THIS MESSAGE USUALLY USED TO COME WHEN FP NOTICE / ADDRESS CHANGE NOTICE GOT RETURNED TO USCIS AND RESENT TO NEW ADDRESS (AND REGISTERED AN LUD ON ALL PENDING PETIONS (EAD/AP ETC))

Yep, my message also changed on Friday:) May be they realized people are getting worried because of that message.

:confused: Dear All,

I have received the following e-mails from USCIS today:
__________________________________________________ __
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On May xx, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.
__________________________________________________ ____

What does this mean? Does it mean that my I-485 has been APPROVED and that my GC is in the mail ?

I have a slight problem....I am in India for the last 8 months. I have a valid AP (Valid until Feb 08). Will I need to get the GC stamped (in case this is an Approval Notice). If yes then can I wait until I make my next trip to the US in a few months?

Pls Advice. Need urgent Help. Majorly to decode the message ' Document Mailed'. I have also noticed that all the 'Status Dates' on my EAD, AP, I-140 (including I-485) have been changed to the May xx, 2007 date.

Someone pls help.

Thanks a lot.

PS: Can I get the GC stamped in INDIA ?

I also got this message, most probably this is for Fingerprinting, so if you are not in US, my guess is you should come back now, because the finger printing notice clearly says "if you fail to appear as scheduled, your application will be considered abandoned." If you can't come to US soon, call them and reschedule.
If you have AP you can travel using it till it's valid regardless of your 485 is approved or not.
Now a days there is no GC stamping, they will just send the card when it's approved.

Approved

Received approval emails today exactly two weeks after second FP. Case details are in signature. This forum has been so useful at all the stages of this journey.
Good luck to everybody.

Hi Raj97,

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy the Freedom and Good luck with your Future.

Did you see any LUD before your approval and after your FP2?

Thanks, Yes, I did see LUD's for four consecutive days (2 days before FP, the day of FP and the next day). These were only LUD's I have seen in my case.

Received approval emails today exactly two weeks after second FP. Case details are in signature. This forum has been so useful at all the stages of this journey.
Good luck to everybody.

Congrats!!!
Good to see that some one is working at TSC?

Congrats Raj97....I am sure it must have been a long and painful wait ...

Best of Luck!

Hoping for a similar miracle on my end!

---------------
PD: Oct 02
485 RD: Aug 05
FP1: Oct 05
FP2: Feb 07
Namecheck: Cleared as per 4-5 TSC calls

Congrats Raj!!! Did you contact anybody for NC clearance?
Thanks.
--Naveen Oshos
Good luck to everybody.

Thank you assur, good_y, banta4gc.
noshs, I did contact a senator once about a year back, but he just gave me the status information ..stuck in security check..cant do anything.. after that I did not contact anybody...it took its usual course. I am glad its over.

Good luck to everybody.

Raj:

Congratulations! Very happy for you. Looks like your case got approved almost immediately after FP2.

My 2nd fingerprint is scheduled for May 10 (this thursday).

Hi Raj,

Congratulations.

How did you know that your name check cleared on the date you mentioned.

Also, was your fp2 code 1 (only 10 finger prints) or code 3 (photo, signature and finger prints)

Thanks

Akayal, Thanks, I believe you should have your approval before and of May. If your NC is clear TSC has been very efficient in most cases.

green_card_77, I called TSC using POJ just to check about my expired FP when i was told that NC is clear. when i asked about it further she told me the date when it was cleared. Then she scheduled me for FP (put request in system). I did a code 3, whereas it was code 1 for my spouse.

FP and LUD

Did FP code3 for me and code 1 for spouse on May 5th. I saw LUD on the same day and on 5/6, 5/7 and 5/8 for me and just one LUD on 5/5 for my spouse.