Approval pattern

WNBA

Registered Users (C)
I believe that TSC approves cases according to FP date. Now TSC is processing cases with FP Feb 03 and before.

May be they are opening a box and within that box there are processing accoriding to FP date.

Just guessting

I wish

I had my first FP on Oct 2002, then somehow was asked to do it again on May 03, although there was nothing wrong with the first one.

I wish they pick up my first FP and approve my case.

Many Gurus tried ...

... to find a logic of TSC processing and failed miserably eventhough they were extremely good in Algorithms :) Just kidding.

How do you explain that 38 cases out of 345 approved starting with SRC02269*****

ihack1

I meant 2001 cases. Those 2002 cases approved may not be EB cases or the officer drunk and picked up wrong files.

They are processing by ND/RD, not FP date. My FP was 3 months before my friend, but his RD/ND was 4 months before mine. He has been approved already.

My RD is Aug 01, ND Sep 01, FP Mar 03

I see Nov 01 cases approved, Sep cases approved and all others.

In the spreadsheet, all before and after me are approved......

Who knows what TSC is doing ?

There is definitely some other factor that we don't know.

We all should be happy that finally they started working on old cases instead of the cases filed in 2003/2004. If they stick with this logic we all will get our approval within 3 to 6 months from now.

RD 08/01
ND 09/01
FP 01/03
SRC-01-274-*****

Re: ihack1

Originally posted by WNBA
I meant 2001 cases. Those 2002 cases approved may not be EB cases or the officer drunk and picked up wrong files.

I can get him a blue label or 18yr shivas :)

I think it mostly combination of the following variables
1. ND/RD
2. FP expiry date
3. Diligent IIO Vs the one who posts hate emails in immigration forums using a psuedo name. Cases assigned to a IIO can sit for ever on the table untouched.
4. Random transfer to local ASCs
5. Overview perusal to determine whether a RFE is needed or not (this is the biggest variable. A clerk decides based on a check off list .)
6. Finally what TSC's general mood is (we will try to clear I485 cases as much as possible so that we dont have to stand in court and say yes we suck when it comes to I485!!)
:p

I don't think TSC is processing By FP dates, because my FP was done in Jan 2003 and still waiting for Approval.

Jaxen,

I have seen your other posts also it appears you have most knowledge of the process. You seem to know some internal details too.

Please expains no.5 (Overview persual ... RFE is needed or not).

Are you implying the file is seen by several people and if it is taking longer that means possibility of RFE is low ? Issue RFE if needed else leave them in the pile.

Any more insight into it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by jaxen2
I think it mostly combination of the following variables
1. ND/RD
2. FP expiry date
3. Diligent IIO Vs the one who posts hate emails in immigration forums using a psuedo name. Cases assigned to a IIO can sit for ever on the table untouched.
4. Random transfer to local ASCs
5. Overview perusal to determine whether a RFE is needed or not (this is the biggest variable. A clerk decides based on a check off list .)
6. Finally what TSC's general mood is (we will try to clear I485 cases as much as possible so that we dont have to stand in court and say yes we suck when it comes to I485!!)
:p

what takes riority among ND/RD

Jaxen,

Any idea? I have a 1.5 months difference between the two.

Thanks.

RD - 9/26/01
ND - 11/06/01

still random!

Folks,

Let me assure you that everything is still random. The only certain thing is that they are looking at 2001 cases. I am following my date SRC01278***
and I found on Feb 4 that they have approved 14 cases in the last one month. 5 of these have FP dates on April 2003, 3 had FP done in Feb 2003, others went straight from "Received" to "Approved". In the mean time, there are many others with FP dates between Nov, 2002 - Jan, 2003 (inlcuding yours truly), who are still waiting. So, I say there is no pattern but I am glad that at least they are looking at cases from this date. After being perched for such a long time, even a drop of water is a blessing. Good Luck to all of us.

sg_rg2
ND 09/01, FP 01/03

Re: still random!

My theory about the cases that went straight from 'Received' to 'Approved' ---

There are several cases where the status is not updated. It appears to me that in the related cases (for example a family), the primary applicant's status is updated and derivative status is not updated.

When the primary gets approved, the derivative get approved too and hence their status changes from 'Received' to 'Approved'.

A lot of employment based applicant are married and many have children and it is likely that there are many cases that indicate status 'Received'.

It is not bad idea on part of INS as not to bother to update status for everyone to save time.

I checked few dates and it appears that 4/16/2003 (FP received date) is the lucky date in last few days.

But again it is theory - no one really knows ?

Originally posted by sg_rg2
Folks,

Let me assure you that everything is still random. The only certain thing is that they are looking at 2001 cases. I am following my date SRC01278***
and I found on Feb 4 that they have approved 14 cases in the last one month. 5 of these have FP dates on April 2003, 3 had FP done in Feb 2003, others went straight from "Received" to "Approved". In the mean time, there are many others with FP dates between Nov, 2002 - Jan, 2003 (inlcuding yours truly), who are still waiting. So, I say there is no pattern but I am glad that at least they are looking at cases from this date. After being perched for such a long time, even a drop of water is a blessing. Good Luck to all of us.

sg_rg2
ND 09/01, FP 01/03

Toolongawait
I agree with what your theory is for primary and dependant. Mine is "FP updated" and my wife's is "Received". So when we look at the same rande of SRCs, most of "Received" are dependant of those "RF updated".

However, my FP was updated on April 16, 2003 and i am still waiting. IT seems too hard to predict TSC's pattern. I see very few ND date in July were approved.

RD 6/26/01
ND 7/16/01
FP 4/16/03

Yes, imnaonao

It looks like beginning February TSC moved on to Sep, Oct 01 and the Jun, Jul 01 cases are forgotten again. :(