Approval notice not received

chaitalipunit

Registered Users (C)
Got an e-mail from ucis.giv that our cases are approved on July 16 2004.
Still after a week there is not notice to us or our attorney.
We changed our address on I-485 though fax somtime ago but attorneys
address is same.
Is there a way to find out where UCIS mailed it to .
DO we have to wait for 14 days before we ask customer support to resend it
?

I too had changed my address recently. Soon after my I-485 approval (Jul 15), I called the National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283 and verified if my address has been updated.

Same here

Approved on July 15th by website and email. No notice yet. Have not changed address for over 18 months.

ICausa
thanks for the reply.
Do there read out the address on their system as to where the approval is going to ?
Did you get your in mail and how many days did it take?

chaitalipunit, I called the IIO and explained that I did not receive the address change ack. letter from CSC. She verified my information (WAC & A#) and she read out the address from the system. Fortunately, my address had been updated.

I received the courtesy copy within 2 business days.

chaitalipunit said:
Got an e-mail from ucis.giv that our cases are approved on July 16 2004.

July 16 was a Friday, so it would not have actually been mailed until the Monday, July 19. That was only four days ago, so I wouldn't sweat it. They might not have even mailed it out on Monday. They say to give 14 days from approval, so sit tight, I'm sure everything will be fine. Mine was approved on a Friday, but was postmarked on the Monday.

I got an RFE issued as per the online message and it says it was mailed on 07/14. Neither me nor my lawyer received the rfe notice yet.

Would the notices be mailed on the same date as the status message says?
How long is it taking to get the notices by mail from CSC?

lcauser said:
chaitalipunit, I called the IIO and explained that I did not receive the address change ack. letter from CSC. She verified my information (WAC & A#) and she read out the address from the system. Fortunately, my address had been updated.

I received the courtesy copy within 2 business days.
ICauser,
when did u change the addres...did u get any of these LUD's because of address change?Please give me any phone #'s if you have for address change.

Thanks in advance

BigBuddy, I changed my address during March 04. I called the NSC (800) 375-5283 and also notified my attorney. The NSC IIO said that I would receive an acknowledgment from CSC in 4-6 weeks. I never received this ack.

My LUD did not change after the address change notification.

I called NSC after my I-485 approval and confirmed my current address with USCIS.

chaitalipunit, I did change my address. But my FP notice, EAD, AOS all came to the new address. So i dont think they have an old address. I called my lawyer he said we will have to wait for 14 days before he can send an inquiry

after changing address either by fax or phone call, normally, you receive a written confirmation in new address. It takes around 1...1.5 month to get it. Otherwise, call again and confirm they have right address on file.

Not received notice yet

did anyone on this thread receive their approval notice yet? approved on Jul 15th as per website..

I have changed the address on the day I was approved(07/06/04). My wife reveived the approval notice 3 days after,.. I am still waiting.
I called the service center a week ago and they have told me that it takes up to a month "for the notice to reach me" and I should be patient. It was not clear though which one - the approval notice or the acknowledge one for change-of-address(4-6 weeks).

I feel realy helpless as I didnt use an attorney and cannot get a courtesy notice.
The F.A.Q. on uscis.gov says that if one has never got the notice he/she should file an application (form I-824) for getting a duplicate. I am terrified as this form is used for many things incl transfer for consular processing and it takes year - year-and-a-half to be processed.

Does anybody know what if... the approval notice has not been received....

3CM said:
did anyone on this thread receive their approval notice yet? approved on Jul 15th as per website..

Lawyer has faxed inquiry

Lawyer has faxed an inquiry. I'll update this thread if any response is received. The saga still continues for me...