Approval but with a question

canadianinmd

Registered Users (C)
I made a USCIS Info pass appointment this morning and found out from the immigration officer that my green card has been approved! It has been 2+ years.
Anyhow, they told me my case has been sent to the approval department about a week ago.
My question is, does anyone know how long til I will have this card in my hand? ie from personal experience or from friends/family,etc
Also, if I showed up at USCIS would they stamp my passport which would allow me to travel outside the country?
I am about to be an uncle for the first time very soon and time is precious so please let me know.

Thank you!

I made a USCIS Info pass appointment this morning and found out from the immigration officer that my green card has been approved! It has been 2+ years.
Anyhow, they told me my case has been sent to the approval department about a week ago.
My question is, does anyone know how long til I will have this card in my hand? ie from personal experience or from friends/family,etc
Also, if I showed up at USCIS would they stamp my passport which would allow me to travel outside the country?
I am about to be an uncle for the first time very soon and time is precious so please let me know.

Thank you!

It will not take more than a month to get the card in mail from my experience

If you have a unexpired Advance Parole and they haven't sent the card yet, you can still use the AP to reenter the US.

My GC card came in a week after I see the approval status on USCIS website. you will get it soon I guess in days. good luck